News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Art inspired by figures

Started by Horridus, May 17, 2012, 06:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: EarthboundEiniosaurus on October 20, 2015, 12:28:44 AM
Gonna reveal myself as a noob here and ask if there's a thread for dinosaur themed pumpkin carvings or other halloween decorations. Like i said, i'm kind of new to the forum, so if a thread already exists, could somebody please direct me to it.

Thanks,

EarthboundEiniosaurus

There's this:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=2756.msg75444#msg75444
I thought there was another thread for pumpkins last year but I can't seem to find it.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

EarthboundEiniosaurus

Ok, thank you. Now I don't have to search endlessly for the right thread ;D

Thanks,

EarthboundEiniosaurus
"Just think about it... Ceratopsids were the Late Cretaceous Laramidian equivalent of todays birds of paradise. And then there's Sinoceratops..."
- Someone, somewhere, probably.

stargatedalek

Kayakasaurus

Looks like they used Krentz's sideshow model as a maquette  :D
Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

LophoLeeVT

hmmm... it doesnt hav the same color sheme.. is it legit?
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Viking Spawn

Looks good whatever it was inspired by.  8)

Dilopho

Quote from: brandem on May 28, 2015, 05:31:23 PM
Feel like I've seen these guys somewhere before

The artist made a second version

alexeratops

like a bantha!

Dilopho

Roselaar

Okay, that freaks me out. Is this sort of kill actually scientifically feasible? Wasn't Ankylosaur's head and neck too well protected for this?

CityRaptor

Looks very unlikely. Also kinda looks like that T.rex goes into some sort of Super Form for the kill.  You know the kind where one just changes color.

Anyways, I found this:
http://www.mytoys.de/Depesche-Malbuch-Dino-Stickerfun/verschiedene-Motive/Depesche/KID/de-mt.bs.br01.79.05/4243137
Sadly the best I could find, but you can enlarge the pics by scrolling over them. As you can see, designs are mostly ripped off from Papo, Jurassic World and Walking with Dinosaurs with some Safari and Sibbick thrown in. 
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

stargatedalek

Quote from: Roselaar on November 27, 2015, 11:42:38 PM
Okay, that freaks me out. Is this sort of kill actually scientifically feasible? Wasn't Ankylosaur's head and neck too well protected for this?
Decapitation is possible, but I doubt the flesh would be that stretchy.

Halichoeres

I daresay it would shatter a few maxillary teeth at the very least.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Viking Spawn

There have been studies of T-Rex decapitating Triceratops and biting through the boney frill.  Therefore, I don't think its beyond the possibility of doing the same to Ankylosaurus.  However, I don't think there is any scientific evidence of that.... Yet.

yankeetrex

Quote from: CityRaptor on October 10, 2015, 04:01:36 PM
Well, there are also Spotted Hyenas. Those are also not exactly scavengers.

Anyways, notice something here?

The JP Tyrannosaurs are of course the most obvious thing in this pic. The dead Triceratops and the "Velociraptors" are however based on the Tamiya models.

This was the first picture I ever tried to emulate when i was like 7.  I forgot how amazingly awesome it was.  Wish I could get a giant print to put over my fire place,lol

Pachyrhinosaurus

I saw a familiar face at Disney World as I was having lunch:

[Image Removed]
Save Dinoland USA!

Rathalosaurus

Dude, I very like Dinos and I cannot understand those who don't.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Save Dinoland USA!

Rathalosaurus

Oh, y...yeah. It looks... just the same :P
Dude, I very like Dinos and I cannot understand those who don't.

MLMjp

C'mon

That's a kid's drawing of a sauropod  :P

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: