You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

EarthboundEiniosaurus's Shrine To Dinosaurian Accuracy

Started by EarthboundEiniosaurus, January 06, 2016, 12:13:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EarthboundEiniosaurus

I call this my shrine to accuracy because I don't just collect any dinosaur models, all the ones in my collection are reasonably accurate, although I will bend my own rules sometimes and buy one or two for the detail work (I'm looking at you PAPO). I try my best to keep this collection as scientifically accurate as possible, but none of them are 100% foolproof. This search for accuracy is why there are some groups that are underrepresented here, such as coelurosaurs and pterosaurs. There are also a few non dinosaurs in the mix, as well as my very small mammal and fish collections. I have an entire shelf of these figures, but these are a few close ups of my most recent buys, ill post the rest of my collection eventually.

Kaiyodo Pteraspis

Kaiyodo Acanthostega

Kaiyodo Liopleurodon

Kaiyodo Diplocaulus

Kaiyodo Megatherium

Kaiyodo Sinosauropteryx

Kaiyodo Axelrodichthys

Safari "giant sloth"

Collecta Rajasaurus

Battat Dacentrurus

More Battat Dacentrurus

Battat Carnotaurus

Schleich Kentrosaurus (This is the one Schleich i have in my collection, kind of a rare gem from them)

Collecta Ampelosaurus

Papo Tupuxuara, naked and proud of it I guess

Papo Tupuxuara from another angle, still naked

Carnegie Microraptor, although since we now know that Microraptor had iridescent black plumage this can't really be Microraptor anymore, maybe Changyuraptor?

Safari Ceratosaurus

I have more pictures, they'll be posted at a later date. Cheers for the time being :))

Thanks,

EarthboundEiniosaurus

"Just think about it... Ceratopsids were the Late Cretaceous Laramidian equivalent of todays birds of paradise. And then there's Sinoceratops..."
- Someone, somewhere, probably.

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

joossa

Never seen the Collecta Ampelosaurus before. Looks real nice!  :)
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

EarthboundEiniosaurus

Thanks all for the kind comments :)) And joossa, the Collecta Ampelosaurus has quite nice detail, but the face has a very odd expression to say the least ;D

Safari Suchomimus (Mine came with quite a lot of paint wear on the tip of the snout, but otherwise a great figure)

More Safari Suchomimus

Safari Dunkleosteus

Safari Dilong

Safari Iguanodon, a great sculpt with a not as great paint scheme and application, it's growing on me a little though...

More soon, my favorites from my Christmas haul are coming up ;D

Thanks,

EarthboundEiniosaurus
"Just think about it... Ceratopsids were the Late Cretaceous Laramidian equivalent of todays birds of paradise. And then there's Sinoceratops..."

Viking Spawn

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Patrx

Very nice collection, Einiosaurus! I appreciate your  focus on accuracy. :) Cool photos, too, kinda atmospheric.

Gwangi

Great collection and photography. I've always admired those who collect based on accuracy. I can't do it myself because I'm too drawn to the weird, odd, and outdated dinosaurs to restrict myself in that way but it does make for a beautiful collection.

EarthboundEiniosaurus

Thank you all for the nice comments :) I photographed them with my phone camera and a desk lamp, I have a camera but using my phone was a bit more convenient at the time. Anyway, here are a few more of the models in my collection, still haven't gotten around to taking a full group shot of everybody yet.

Safari Archaeopteryx, I'm a big fan of the coloration on this guy, the feathering is a little slim but plausible I suppose. A great figure overall though

Safari "Pterosaur" A personal favorite pterosaur model of mine, and thats says something, i'm very picky when it comes to how pterosaurs are reconstructed. I know this is an ornithhocirid, but does anybody know the exact genus? I remember reading about it somewhere...

Safari Shunosaurus, my favorite new Safari model for this year. Probably around the most accurate sauropod in my collection, that's a big deal when you have a collection like mine :)) Great job Doug :)

More to come, thanks for the feedback  ^-^

Halichoeres

I could be mistaken, but I think it was supposed to be based on the Albian/Cenomanian pterosaur from Morocco, which was described as Siroccopteryx (Mader & Kellner 1999, Boletim de Museu Nacional, Nova Série, Geology 45: 1; Rodrigues & Kellner 2009, Zitteliana B28: 219), but has been considered by Unwin to be a species of Coloborhynchus (Unwin 2001, Mitteilungen aus dem Museum für Naturkunde in Berlin, Geowissenschaftliche Reiche 5: 239).
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

EarthboundEiniosaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on January 15, 2016, 06:15:28 PM
I could be mistaken, but I think it was supposed to be based on the Albian/Cenomanian pterosaur from Morocco, which was described as Siroccopteryx (Mader & Kellner 1999, Boletim de Museu Nacional, Nova Série, Geology 45: 1; Rodrigues & Kellner 2009, Zitteliana B28: 219), but has been considered by Unwin to be a species of Coloborhynchus (Unwin 2001, Mitteilungen aus dem Museum für Naturkunde in Berlin, Geowissenschaftliche Reiche 5: 239).

Ok, thank you :)

Thanks,

EarthboundEiniosaurus

EarthboundEiniosaurus

Good gracious it's been awhile since i've posted anything! Don't worry though, I haven't left, i've just been lurking, as well as being very busy with life. I have continued to expand my collection, and so I thought I would blow the dust off this old thread and show you guys the full extent of my current collection. I know the quality isn't the best, so please ask if you need help with any identifications :) (there are a few custom painted figures in my collection ;) )

This is the current display atop my dresser, although it changes often, depending on what I feel like displaying (also ignore the piece of paper, I didn't see it when I took the picture ::) )

Right next to my dresser is this shelf, which is kind of a random assortment (pretty much anything that didn't fit on my dinosaur shrine) with mammals being on the top, aquatic reptiles and prehistoric crocodylomorphs in the middle, and early tetrapods and ancient fish on the bottom (and birds because why not). That order kind of falls apart as you move to the left though, with my Primeval and spec evo stuff over there.

Better angle and lighting

(Triumphant music starts playing) And here ladies and gentlemen is the main attraction, my shrine to dinosauria, with Einiosaurus of course being in the middle.

And last is my shelf of dinosaurs that don't fit on my main display shelf (either because they're too big or aren't accurate enough)

acro-man

喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

Neosodon

What's the therapod on the stand on the top middle? It looks really cool. 8)

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

ZoPteryx

Wow, you really weren't kidding when you said you had shrine!  :))

I like how a number figures seem to be reaching off the shelves to bite the viewer.

ITdactyl

EarthboundEiniosaurus

Quote from: Neosodon on March 28, 2017, 04:58:27 AM
What's the therapod on the stand on the top middle? It looks really cool. 8)

That would be the Dilophosaurus vs Yunnanosaurus Favorite desktop model. It's one of the only really good basal sauropodomorph models out there, but the paint job is a little sloppy :-\ I've actually thought of sending it to a professional to get it repainted (i'm not quite that good yet!)

Jose S.M.

Nice collection, and the display shelves look good too!

Lanthanotus

Quote from: joossa on January 06, 2016, 04:31:09 AM
Never seen the Collecta Ampelosaurus before. Looks real nice!  :)

It's indeed a nice figure, highly recommended,.. however, it's a bit small (don't have it at hand at the moment, but it's like 5 cm high and 15 cm long).

Nice collection and display, I see a lot of figures I own for the same reasons (and quite a few I'd like to own :D). Also nice intro with the Kaiyodos, can't go wrong with those, it's incredible what detail in form and color they packed into those tiny treasures.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: