You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Kaijus - post your collection here

Started by sauroid, January 11, 2016, 08:33:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flaffy

The Playmates version easily looks better than the Bandai imo.
Everything from the paintjob, the tail length, the articulation, to the pose is just superior.

Eocarcharia

I just saw the Godzilla Terrestris today at Target. It looks fantastic for a $12 figure. Passing on it was tough, but I don't want it to snowball into a huge Singular Point collection.

DragonRider02

Godzilla Terrestris would be a fun repaint project, to bring out all the details with washes and generally make it look like a high-end model.

Unfortunately Playmates products aren't avaiable in my country :(

Blade-of-the-Moon

My 25 cm Crawling Baragon came in today :

Eocarcharia

avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon FYI, all of your pictures have disappeared for me.

I got this bunch in last week.

On a sidenote, if anyone else here has Godzilla 2021, does your copy have one shoulder that sticks out more than the other? (Godzilla's right shoulder on mine.)

All 3 of these will be replacing cheaper figures in my collection, specifically the Playmates Mechagodzilla and Skull Island Kong, and the NECA Godzilla 2019.

The Playmates Mechagodzilla is a great figure for $10, but this one is has so much nicer detail and articulation.

Big difference here too with Kong. The smaller size compared to the difference in price hurts a little, but I suppose he's more in-scale this way, which is always something I like.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Eocarcharia on April 26, 2022, 11:02:13 PM
avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon FYI, all of your pictures have disappeared for me.

I got this bunch in last week.

On a sidenote, if anyone else here has Godzilla 2021, does your copy have one shoulder that sticks out more than the other? (Godzilla's right shoulder on mine.)

All 3 of these will be replacing cheaper figures in my collection, specifically the Playmates Mechagodzilla and Skull Island Kong, and the NECA Godzilla 2019.

The Playmates Mechagodzilla is a great figure for $10, but this one is has so much nicer detail and articulation.

Big difference here too with Kong. The smaller size compared to the difference in price hurts a little, but I suppose he's more in-scale this way, which is always something I like.

Probably due to me posting them on facebook. Theyre all limited time offers! lol

Very nice upgrades! Especially Kong!
Not sure about that shoulder issue, is it all the way in?

I haven't shared this one yet but it's my new 25cm XPlus monochrome Varan

Eocarcharia

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 26, 2022, 11:29:41 PM
Probably due to me posting them on facebook. Theyre all limited time offers! lol

Oh ok, well, it was a privilege to see them!  ^-^

I pushed on the shoulder as hard as I felt comfortable without breaking it, so yes. It does pop off easier than the other one, so I assume it's due to either some kind of misassembly or other manufacturing error, or just a design flaw with the figure itself.

And of course, lovely new Varan!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Eocarcharia on April 27, 2022, 04:52:25 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 26, 2022, 11:29:41 PM

Oh ok, well, it was a privilege to see them!  ^-^

I pushed on the shoulder as hard as I felt comfortable without breaking it, so yes. It does pop off easier than the other one, so I assume it's due to either some kind of misassembly or other manufacturing error, or just a design flaw with the figure itself.

And of course, lovely new Varan!

lol they'll be back I'll host a group photo somewhere more reliable at some point, probably my DA account.

You can contact the manufacturer and see what they say, or the place you bought it?  Se if they have another that isn't so bad?

Thanks! 25cm Anguirus and 30cm Baragon should be joining the "monster island" soon.

Fembrogon

Varan is such a wonderfully unique monster design; it's a real shame Toho hasn't given him a fair shake since his original film (DAM almost isn't worth mentioning).
Supposedly Varan MIGHT get a new Bandai vinyl in the near future like Gorosaurus recently did; but it hasn't been announced whether Varan or Super Mechagodzilla was the final winner of the last poll.

Eocarcharia

Varan and getting snubbed for movie roles - name a more iconic duo.

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 27, 2022, 05:55:02 PM
You can contact the manufacturer and see what they say, or the place you bought it?  Se if they have another that isn't so bad?
Eh, it's not really a big enough deal to go through the trouble. The figure still works just fine, it just looks a little off to my nitpicky eye from certain angles.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Fembrogon on April 27, 2022, 06:36:31 PM
Varan is such a wonderfully unique monster design; it's a real shame Toho hasn't given him a fair shake since his original film (DAM almost isn't worth mentioning).
Supposedly Varan MIGHT get a new Bandai vinyl in the near future like Gorosaurus recently did; but it hasn't been announced whether Varan or Super Mechagodzilla was the final winner of the last poll.

That would be cool and much more budget friendly. It's a shame he didn't get to appear as a guardian monster in GMK alongside Anguirus and Baragon, who did make it into the film.

Just got this in today :

Baragon didn't get a lot of films either, but he did well in those he was in. Frankenstein Conquers the World is actually pretty good, though Bary steals the show.. lol

AcroSauroTaurus

Found the Playmates Godzilla terrestris a couple weekends ago, still no sign of Gorosaurus or Nozuki in my area...
I am the Dinosaur King!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on April 28, 2022, 10:59:32 PM
Found the Playmates Godzilla terrestris a couple weekends ago, still no sign of Gorosaurus or Nozuki in my area...

I never found Gorosaurus in stores, I did get a Rodan though. You can find them for around 20.00 on eBay currently that's what I did to get one.

Blade-of-the-Moon

GiganotosaurusFan

Any Giganotosauruses are friends. Any other carnivores are...I think I'll run now.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: GiganotosaurusFan on April 29, 2022, 03:26:13 AM
Says September...not anytime soon.

That's still this year.  Unlike the slew of other products we have from say Prime 1? That can take 3 years to come out.  We're only a month out from June or so now.   At least we have time to save up..

DragonRider02

After 7 moths since preordering+one extra month of delay I finally have my first SHMA figure:

Blade-of-the-Moon

Eocarcharia

Quote from: DragonRider02 on April 30, 2022, 11:30:25 AM
After 7 moths since preordering+one extra month of delay I finally have my first SHMA figure:

Nice! I'm still waiting on my pre-order. Do you plan on getting any more?

GiganotosaurusFan

Any Giganotosauruses are friends. Any other carnivores are...I think I'll run now.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: