News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

AcroSauroTaurus's artwork

Started by AcroSauroTaurus, January 19, 2016, 02:59:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AcroSauroTaurus

I am the Dinosaur King!

Shonisaurus

I like your drawing, what perhaps catches my attention is the dewlap that you have placed on volkheimeria chubutensis, does the sauropod dewlap have a scientific basis? I ask you since as a paleo-illustrator you will have plenty of reasons to draw it or rather to illustrate it masterfully, or is it an avant-garde interpretation of yours?

GojiraGuy1954

Very nice sauropod. Love the colours, and the anatomy seems good. just the right amount of soft tissue applied
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on September 22, 2021, 08:48:19 AM
I like your drawing, what perhaps catches my attention is the dewlap that you have placed on volkheimeria chubutensis, does the sauropod dewlap have a scientific basis? I ask you since as a paleo-illustrator you will have plenty of reasons to draw it or rather to illustrate it masterfully, or is it an avant-garde interpretation of yours?

No scientific basis, just felt like it was a reasonable bit of soft tissue to add to help thicken the jaw-neck region.

Been a while since I've done some paleoart, I've been doing Monster Hunter and commissions recently.
Alvarezsaurus calvoi
I am the Dinosaur King!

Shonisaurus

That alverezsaurus looks great on you, what I see is that its front legs are a little bigger than the reconstructions I'm used to. Either way, it's a great illustration.

AcroSauroTaurus

Wow, it's been a while since I've posted any paleoart here... well, here are a couple commissions I finished last year.
Tyrannosaurus rex

Velociraptor mongoliensis

A lot of the art I do now is Monster Hunter, dragons, Kaiju, and occasional paleoart. So I would be glad to start posting some of those non-paleoart pieces here if that's ok.
I am the Dinosaur King!

AcroSauroTaurus

Aetodactylus halli
I am the Dinosaur King!

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on May 17, 2023, 07:51:04 PMAetodactylus halli
[img]
Awesome. I missed your presence and I appreciate the artworks

irimali

Wow!  Awesome job on these!  That's a tricky perspective to draw T-rex from and I think you nailed it.  The proportions look good and the color and detailing are very natural.  It's threatening in a very big bear/crocodile with a cold bird eyed stare kind of way.

AcroSauroTaurus

Procompsognathus triassicus
I am the Dinosaur King!

AcroSauroTaurus

I am the Dinosaur King!

AcroSauroTaurus

Rhizostomites admirandus
I am the Dinosaur King!

AcroSauroTaurus

I am the Dinosaur King!

AcroSauroTaurus

Furcacauda fredholmae
Drawn in pencil, colored digitally.
I am the Dinosaur King!

AcroSauroTaurus

I am the Dinosaur King!

AcroSauroTaurus

I am the Dinosaur King!

AcroSauroTaurus

I am the Dinosaur King!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.