News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Thundering Herd: The Ceratopsian collection

Started by Bokisaurus, May 18, 2012, 07:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bokisaurus

Chasmosaur

This is my favorite group of dinosaurs as well, followed by sauropods. Even though so many Triceratops toys have been made, I've yet to find one that I absolutely love. There's always something off about most of them. If it's not the way the head looks, it's the weird coloring, proportions or pose. Those Sega prize version comes kinda close though.

Styracosaurus seems to fare better.I really like the look and coloring of that Battat version.

If you have time, can you add text to the group pics, so we know the dinos and the line/co it's from?

mmfrankford

Yutyrannus

Quote from: mmfrankford on September 03, 2012, 07:47:06 PM
Quote from: Bokisaurus on September 02, 2012, 06:08:50 PM
and more ceratopsians

Who made the red headed figure? I like that.
That's one of the 2012 Dinosaur Expo figures, it is a Sinoceratops and it comes with a Zhuchengtyrannus.

You can find it here.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

mmfrankford

Bokisaurus

Quote from: A on September 03, 2012, 06:59:44 AM
This is my favorite group of dinosaurs as well, followed by sauropods. Even though so many Triceratops toys have been made, I've yet to find one that I absolutely love. There's always something off about most of them. If it's not the way the head looks, it's the weird coloring, proportions or pose. Those Sega prize version comes kinda close though.

Styracosaurus seems to fare better.I really like the look and coloring of that Battat version.

If you have time, can you add text to the group pics, so we know the dinos and the line/co it's from?

;D That would be a huge undertaking to put all the company name ;D I have been bad at cataloguing my collection. Best way to  find out a particular figure in the picture is just ask about it.
I'm with you when it comes to Trikes, although my favorite would be the Battat one.

Balaur

Holy wow! So many horns! I have like 5 or 7 ceratopsians. You have hundreds! Tells me I have to collect way more. It's probably because I'm not old enough, and I don't even have a job! Need to sell some useless stuff...

DC

Dicerceratops may not be valid.  A Lontic figure.  There is a small one also.

[attachment msg=20297][/attachment]
You can never have too many dinosaurs

Bokisaurus

Some new addition to the hers:

Discovery Kids Torosaurus

Intro

Dino Valley Pentaceratops (?)

Intro

Geoworld Jurassic Hunter Triceratops

Fukuiraptor

Bokisaurus

Two ceratopsians join the herd ;D
GeoWorld Protoceratops - nice figures. It's a larger figure,too

Favorite's Styracosaurus - another beautiful figure

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

stoneage

Quote from: Bokisaurus on December 21, 2012, 06:37:25 AM

Can you buy Geoworld figures individually, with out buying a bundle?

tyrantqueen

QuoteTwo ceratopsians join the herd ;D

That figure has always reminded me of the sculpture done by Red-Dilopho on DeviantART.

Most likely a coincidence, but an interesting one nonetheless...

Bokisaurus

Quote from: stoneage on December 21, 2012, 11:27:08 PM
Quote from: Bokisaurus on December 21, 2012, 06:37:25 AM

Can you buy Geoworld figures individually, with out buying a bundle?

yeah, you can find them on ebay for around $15 each, I got them from the seller Dinosaur Planet. He/she currently has some for sale, really good seller.

ajax

Your original Schleich Trike has a blue head, Is this the normal colour or a different version. Mine has just a dull head colour like the body.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: ajax on December 27, 2012, 02:44:58 AM
Your original Schleich Trike has a blue head, Is this the normal colour or a different version. Mine has just a dull head colour like the body.

It was normal back when I got them (in the 90's), but later production was more muted.

Bokisaurus

Finally, some exciting new additions to the herd of ceratopsians!
First up, is CollectA's Diabloceratops. I really like this figures, it has a lot of character! It is much smaller figure than the stock photo.

Next ones are two ceratopsians from Geoworld Jurassic Hunter 2nd expedition (2013)

Zuniceratops and  psittacosaurus (evil looking! ;D)

I highly recommend the psittacosaurus since it is well done and very interesting.

amargasaurus cazaui

Just throwing out there, but Dejankins sold me the Psittacosaurus for like 9.99 and shipping. Think he has the entire line all priced similarly.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Bokisaurus

Diablo vs. Diablo : Safari and CollectA Diabloceratops
Great figures from both companies. Different styles, but the figures actually look nice together. They are about the same size, CollectA just slightly shorter due to its pose. Once can be the male, the other female :))
Safari overall have a more polish sculpt, but the paint application is sloppy (typical of them lately). CollectA have more personality and better paint application.
[]

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: