News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Thundering Herd: The Ceratopsian collection

Started by Bokisaurus, May 18, 2012, 07:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

the JP one was intended to be inaccurate from the get go, and its sculptor(who does dinosaurs) had a hard time trying to make it accurate because the company was strict

http://jerseyboyshuntdinosaurs.blogspot.com/2014/03/interview-with-sculptor-and-toy.html#comment-form

Interview with the sculptor for the Jurassic Park Pachyrhinosaurus.

Gwangi

I actually quite like the JP pachy, I just don't own one yet. Although I do collect JP toys they generally don't take priority.

Takama

I have been wanting the JP Pachrhinosaurus and Blue Allosaurus as well.

But I never get to go to Toys R Us as much as I would like because there so darn far away from were I live.

Bokisaurus

WildSafari 2015 Nasutoceratops - a beautiful figure. This is the first of 3 Nasutoceratops figure scheduled to be release in 2015, the other two are CollectA and Battat.
It will be interesting to see all 3 figure side-by-side.
[

With the other ceratopsians by Doug, also from the WildSafari line
[]

triceratops83

Boki, that rock you photograph your figures on should be in next year's forum banner. Your photos are always astounding by the way.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Arul

Yeahh the real figure is better than the original pict by safari  :D

DinoToyForum

Original Panini Protoceratops (photo taken for the 10 ten basal ceratopsians thread, but of relevance here too) :)

Bokisaurus

Nasutoceraops from CollectA joins the herd. I really love this small figure.
[
With it's Wild Safari counterpart - they make a good pair, although Safari's is a much bigger figure.
[
[]

Not to be outdone, the new Medusaceratops strikes a pose ^-^
[

Comparison between CollectA's ceratopsian herd.
[
It's great to see the ceratopsians side-by-side, what a colorful herd indeed.

laticauda

What a line up in the ceratopsians side-by-side picture.   :)

Chasmosaur

Love the new Safari ones side by side. I hope the next one will have shades of blue on it. 

I commend CollectA for having the most variety of Ceratopsians released, but the paint jobs ruin them for me. I love colorful dinos, but these look too extreme. Not a fan of the black eyes or human eyes they have as well.

Has anyone repainted the CollectA ones? I have a feeling that would improve the figures

Bokisaurus

Bokisaurus

A trio of retrograde figures joins the herd ;)
First up, a coupe of Schleich's ceratopsians. Not bad at all for this company.
Medium size Triceratops and Styraco - got them on clearance for $2 each

And another TRiceratops, this time from Mojo ( sigh), again, another figure only worth paying clearance price ;D

The trio together
[

Cheers!

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: Bokisaurus on October 26, 2013, 09:41:19 PM
Definitely worth searching for and acquiring! Amazing details and cool species,too!
Here is the Diablo with his much bigger counterpart  ;D And also with the styracosaur also by Kaiyodo
[

This pic got me wondering; what are the respective scales on these 3 figures?

Halichoeres

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on July 19, 2016, 06:57:25 AM
Quote from: Bokisaurus on October 26, 2013, 09:41:19 PM
Definitely worth searching for and acquiring! Amazing details and cool species,too!
Here is the Diablo with his much bigger counterpart  ;D And also with the styracosaur also by Kaiyodo
[

This pic got me wondering; what are the respective scales on these 3 figures?

I only have the WS version, which is somewhere between 1:30 and 1:35. (I keep it on my 1:40 shelf.) Looks like at least the head of the CollectA is a shade bigger. I would be completely guessing on the Kaiyodo, but maybe 1:60 or 1:70?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Bokisaurus

CollectA's Mercuriceratops Joins the herd!
I't s a nice figure, but easily overshadowed by the other 2016 releases. Enjoy :)

And here she is with some of her predecessors. This Mercuriceratops is CollectA's 15th ceratopsian species, Wow!

Cheers! :D

Jose S.M.

The blue it's a lot more bright than I thought but still I want the Mercuriceratops. i haven't seen your repaint of Medusaceratops, it's really great! Very nice color esqueme in the head

Thanks for the group shot, Bokisaurus! Photos like this almost always factor in to my decision on whether or not to buy a specific model.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Joe289 on August 03, 2016, 08:12:50 PM
The blue it's a lot more bright than I thought but still I want the Mercuriceratops. i haven't seen your repaint of Medusaceratops, it's really great! Very nice color esqueme in the head
Thanks, I experimented with it but forgot to add photos of it here ;)
[]

Takama

Quote from: Takama on August 20, 2016, 04:51:14 AM
Who likes my Einiosaurus?

Not bad! I like that it's sorta chunkier and not too shrink-wrapped. I notice it has osteoderms localized over the hips; are they meant to be homologous with psittacosaur quills? (Similar to how Microraptor-style foot feathers turned into the scute-like scales of modern bird feet.)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: