News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Archinto's Dinosaur Art & Sculptures

Started by Archinto, January 23, 2016, 04:50:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

copper

Oh I love how happy he looks! (or is he a she?)
It's kinda refreshing to see happy or alert looking dinosaur since they always seem to be a bit grumpy or aggressive : D

Archinto

Thanks for the comments guys! I hope to keep going with that kind of detail onthe whole figure :)

Copper, The eyes will probably be a lot less happy looking and more focused once I get the eyelids on him :) I'm building Geo to look like a mature male t-rex.
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

Tyto_Theropod

Looking forward to seeing him with the eyelids in. The detail on the nose is absolutely amazing, and will no doubt be brought out when he's all painted.
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

copper

Quote from: Archinto on November 06, 2016, 09:10:36 PM
Thanks for the comments guys! I hope to keep going with that kind of detail onthe whole figure :)

Copper, The eyes will probably be a lot less happy looking and more focused once I get the eyelids on him :) I'm building Geo to look like a mature male t-rex.

Yeah I know the happy look is just temporary but it's still lovely! You have talent and if I had any spare money I'd definitely commission you.

Killekor

This sculpts are absolutely fantastic and amazing!!! You have real talent. 

Do you will do a microraptor?, or an Spinosaurus? or, better, YOU WILL DO AN SINORNITHOSAURUS?

Thanks

Predasaurskillekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Archinto

I may do a microraptor or a sinornithosaurus someday. I have a microraptor armature from a project for Blades dino park I scrapped. I plan on going a much different route than I originally intended for him. The armature would work for either species I believe.

I will probably have a spinosaurus in some form being built at some point

For now I'm working on Geo and this Diatryma, but I've got plans to do more permian creatures, including a 1:10 Deltavjatia vjatkensis!
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

RobinGoodfellow

If you decide to do permian creatures and to cast them, I could be your customer.

Archinto

QuoteIf you decide to do permian creatures and to cast them, I could be your customer.

I would really love to make castings of my figures! I'm going to see what it would cost to do such a thing because I see that theres a lot of interest in my works. :) I really enjoy sculpting permian creatures the most, as they all have such interesting features. It would certainly make my models more affordable and offer people the option of any color scheme they choose whether they have it commission painted, painted by themselves or by me. It would probably boost the value of my originals as well.....

Are there any specific species that you'd like to see a figure done of? I've been trying to think of which ones I want to do next. I'm going to build them in 1:10 scale, and probably work on a few models at a time for this next round while I'm working on Geo. I have to make new eyes for him too, they are set too deep as it is now. Maybe its time for a trip to the taxidermy shop for some hawk eyes..... :3

Halichoeres

I'd also be interested in casts of Permian stuff. The originals are a bit out of my price range. I have a long Permian wishlist, but a lot of it is fish. For terrestrial critters, it'd be cool to see some dinocephalians, like Anteosaurus or Phthinosuchus.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Archinto

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 07, 2016, 11:51:08 PM
I'd also be interested in casts of Permian stuff. The originals are a bit out of my price range. I have a long Permian wishlist, but a lot of it is fish. For terrestrial critters, it'd be cool to see some dinocephalians, like Anteosaurus or Phthinosuchus.

Dinocephalians.... I was looking at some of these the other day and thinking it would be cool to make some. Their faces are terrifying! :3 Anteosaurus is particularly interesting.

My biggest problem is finding inspiring creatures to make. When you look up permian fauna it gives you the most popular types and species and doesnt really delve in to the more obscure stuff without extensive searching, and a lot of interesting species are missed. I saw some interesting Diadectidae that I'd like to make, plus make a new Diadectes s. to replace the one I sold. I've started an armature for the Deltavjatia v. but need to finish it so I can move along on that one and get sculpting. It'll be about 6" long or so in 1:10 scale.

If you could entertain me with a short list of species that don't have figures made of them yet, or are made in limited numbers that would be awesome!

I am also not adverse to sculpting fish... ;) If they are easy enough to make, they could be very affordable especially as casts

DinoLord

If we're going for Permian fauna then Cotylorhynchus is absolutely hysterical and one of my favorites. I've also always thought that Platyhystrix is pretty cute.

Archinto

Quote from: DinoLord on November 08, 2016, 01:29:41 AM
If we're going for Permian fauna then Cotylorhynchus is absolutely hysterical and one of my favorites. I've also always thought that Platyhystrix is pretty cute.

I've been debating doing a Cotylorhychus. That head.... It must have had to mow like heck to keep that big body fed.

I had never heard of platyhystrix before. Looks like a cacops with a sail like a dimetrodon :) Very cute :)

Flaffy

Cotylorhynchus... Interesting, interesting indeed ;D

Halichoeres

Cotylorhynchus is just a friggin' weirdo that I'm not sure why there aren't half a dozen versions. Any caseid would be great to see. Here's a few more ideas:

Archegosaurus -- a large crocodile-like temnospondyl
Brazilichthys -- a primitive actinopterygian
Colobomycter -- a weird long-fanged procolophonomorph
Ctenacanthus -- a primitive shark
Eudibamus -- a procolophonomorph that might have been the first biped
Gnathorhiza -- a lungfish
Persephonichthys -- a lungfish
Platysomus -- a primitive actinopterygian
Prionosuchus -- a gigantic crocodile-like temnospondyl
Procuhy -- a temnospondyl
Suchonica -- a stem-amniote
Suminia -- an herbivorous anomodont synapsid
Timonya -- a temnospondyl
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Archinto

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 08, 2016, 03:32:39 AM
Cotylorhynchus is just a friggin' weirdo that I'm not sure why there aren't half a dozen versions. Any caseid would be great to see. Here's a few more ideas:

Archegosaurus -- a large crocodile-like temnospondyl
Brazilichthys -- a primitive actinopterygian
Colobomycter -- a weird long-fanged procolophonomorph
Ctenacanthus -- a primitive shark
Eudibamus -- a procolophonomorph that might have been the first biped
Gnathorhiza -- a lungfish
Persephonichthys -- a lungfish
Platysomus -- a primitive actinopterygian
Prionosuchus -- a gigantic crocodile-like temnospondyl
Procuhy -- a temnospondyl
Suchonica -- a stem-amniote
Suminia -- an herbivorous anomodont synapsid
Timonya -- a temnospondyl

Thank you so much Halichoeres, this will keep me busy for a while... O_o What an assortment of interesting critters!

Archinto

More progress updates on Geo the T-Rex and the Diatryma.

I got more skin work done on Geo's face, but have determined that the eyes are set up to 1/2 cm too deep, so I am going to make a new pair of eyes to put over the existing ones. I shouldn't have to cut them out to make it right. Its really obvious in the last pic. I also resculpted his tooshort upper tooth up front and it made his grin a bit more accurate.

1:10 T. rex WIP by Archinto, on Flickr

1:10 T. rex  WIP by Archinto, on Flickr

And on the Diatryma, I got all the downy undercoat done on the body and got his little arms/wings fixed. As I add the main body feathering, the bird is going to fatten up a lot. It wont remain thin like it is now. The arms/wings will still be visible, but somewhat hidden from view.

Diatryma WIP by Archinto, on Flickr

Tyto_Theropod

Amazing detail on both - keep up the good work!
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Archinto

Finally got out of the douldrums and getting on another art kick. WIP model of Deltavjatia vjatkensis, an early Pareiasaur. I got the head to a finished stage, then removed the jaw horns after baking so it would be easier to work on doing the body sculpting. I love these glass eyes.... :3

Deltavjatia vjatkensis WIP by Archinto, on Flickr

Deltavjatia vjatkensis WIP by Archinto, on Flickr

Blade-of-the-Moon

Archinto

Thanks! The lips have a downturn to them at the back of his mouth. Ive got it made so that you can put bits of greenery in his teeth to look like it's eating. :) I'm loving how its coming out. I started on it this morning :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: