You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

I need your help! Painting a big Pachyrhinosaurus.

Started by Libraraptor, January 30, 2016, 02:42:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libraraptor

Hmmm. How to begin? I´m a little ashamed. :-[  Two or so years ago I bought myself a beautiful Pachyrhinosaurus. Our member fabricious sculpted it. It was plain white when I got it. I then was too fixed on making it look like a monochrome Invicta figure and I totally butchered it. I gave it a purple, sloppy paint with acrylic paint, as you see in this picture. And then I hid it in the back of my cabinet. All these nooks and crannies don´t really come to advantage, as does the figure...It´s 30cm long, 10cm tall and 10 cm broad.
Who considers a repaint as a challenge and would give it a new, appropriate paint? And not just monochrome. Are there even painters here in Germany? Postsaurischian, do you have a suggestion? Fabricious? Maybe you as the seller? Any idea?
How much would it be? Any suggestions or PM would be welcome.

Libraraptor

Blade-of-the-Moon

Martin is on your side of the pond and i'm sure he would do it..not sure who else is in country really.

Libraraptor

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 13, 2016, 01:46:40 AM
Martin is on your side of the pond and i'm sure he would do it..not sure who else is in country really.

Martin who?

Lanthanotus

Quote from: Libraraptor on March 13, 2016, 09:00:19 AM

Martin who?
Garratt I'd guess, probably the best you'd get for that job.

I'm messing with some chinasaurs for practice to prepare on purchasing and painting that nice Edaphosaurus from shapeways (which Martin also painted), but I wouldn't dare to "ruin" someone else's dinosaurs :D

Lanthanotus

Very nice figures btw, but it's somewhat elusive stance cries out for a counterpart ...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Libraraptor on March 13, 2016, 09:00:19 AM

Martin who?

Yes I was referring to THE Martin..lol

here's his facebook :https://www.facebook.com/martin.garratt.18
DA account if you don't have a FB bud :  http://baryonyx-walkeri.deviantart.com/

Libraraptor

Thanks so much, guys, I have some offerings now. As soon as I have made my choice I´ll inform the painter and will show the result as soon as it´s here.

Libraraptor

I am so Happy to announce that my Search for a painter went out succesfully. She is from Switzerland and is no Member of this forum unfortunately . She did such a great job, I have already Seen the result. I will show you the Pictures tomorrow when I'll be back from my Holidays.

Libraraptor

More details follow as soon as my PC is saf again.
It ist a beauty, one can see this directly.

ceratopsian

That is quite a transformation!  You must be delighted.

Jose S.M.

Megalosaurus

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.