News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Looking for the new Battat figures

Started by JurassicGeek09, February 06, 2016, 12:30:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JurassicGeek09

Hello everyone,

Being a Canuck, I am deprived of the lovely department store known as Target and must resort to eBay and their insanely high shipping costs, as well as after-market prices which tend to be higher. I was wondering if any of the good-natured American posters around these parts would be willing to snag up the new Battat dinosaurs for me and send em my way. Naturally, reimbursement would occur!

If this meets with one of the lovely posters, then please let me know! It would be greatly appreciated ^-^
To view my collection pieces, check me out at: http://www.instagram.com/jurassicgeek09

Daspletodave

Try DeJankins. That's who I get them from.

amargasaurus cazaui

The first grouping of five repaints came and went mostly, but I sent something like seventy of them out around the world from Brazil to England to Germany, to Finland.....there is a decent size sampling of the members here that can tell you I am fairly reliable.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

JurassicGeek09

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on February 06, 2016, 02:51:56 PM
The first grouping of five repaints came and went mostly, but I sent something like seventy of them out around the world from Brazil to England to Germany, to Finland.....there is a decent size sampling of the members here that can tell you I am fairly reliable.

If you're willing to help, I would greatly appreciate it!
To view my collection pieces, check me out at: http://www.instagram.com/jurassicgeek09

amargasaurus cazaui

Have been helping for months, ask the forum, I have spent considerable effort so far doing just that. I can do nothing however till the most recent wave appears in my area, unless you were wanting the older ones already released
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

JurassicGeek09

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on February 08, 2016, 03:50:11 PM
Have been helping for months, ask the forum, I have spent considerable effort so far doing just that. I can do nothing however till the most recent wave appears in my area, unless you were wanting the older ones already released

Sure thing amigo. Whatever is currently available, I'll take along with the new ones when they are eventually released.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: JurassicGeek09 on February 08, 2016, 10:33:12 PM

Sure thing amigo. Whatever is currently available, I'll take along with the new ones when they are eventually released.
Depending where you are shipping can get quite extensive...sending just the previous five repaints to england costs about 50 dollars if left boxed....
Aside from that, there were four new sculpts followed by the first five repaints, and then another three repaints. Getting this all plus shipping could easily get you in over a hundred dollars ...is that something you wish to pursue?

JurassicGeek09

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on February 09, 2016, 02:37:23 AM
Quote from: JurassicGeek09 on February 08, 2016, 10:33:12 PM

Depending where you are shipping can get quite extensive...sending just the previous five repaints to england costs about 50 dollars if left boxed....
Aside from that, there were four new sculpts followed by the first five repaints, and then another three repaints. Getting this all plus shipping could easily get you in over a hundred dollars ...is that something you wish to pursue?

I'm in Mississauga, Ontario which is right next door to Toronto. Just so I'm clear, which figures are you talking about exactly?

amargasaurus cazaui

Battat Terra figures, there are four recent sculpts, first wave of five repaints and a second wave of three more repaints making a total of 12 figures so far in the set....

JurassicGeek09

Tell you what, could I get them set by set? That is, the first four that were released (Pachy, Dacen, Nansh, and Cryo), then move on to the first set of repaints?

amargasaurus cazaui

You can do it however you like, and what is best for you. That being said, you are starting out a bit behind the ball, and if you begin with the first set of four, I only have three of them with the Nash being hard to find if not altogether gone. I can set you up with the Pachy, Dacentru, and Cryo for certain however.
   As far as the second wave, for the moment i have them all, but to be fair the Rex is somewhat more tough then the rest to get for reasons I suspect related to general popularity of the figure. Or more to the point, I may have two of them on hand compared to six and seven of the others from that grouping. For now I have them, hard to say what happens in a month or two even given their popularity.
  The last grouping has not even appeared yet in my area, although I intend to go out foraging some sunday for them locally and see what hits and misses.

JurassicGeek09

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on February 10, 2016, 02:41:04 AM
You can do it however you like, and what is best for you. That being said, you are starting out a bit behind the ball, and if you begin with the first set of four, I only have three of them with the Nash being hard to find if not altogether gone. I can set you up with the Pachy, Dacentru, and Cryo for certain however.
   As far as the second wave, for the moment i have them all, but to be fair the Rex is somewhat more tough then the rest to get for reasons I suspect related to general popularity of the figure. Or more to the point, I may have two of them on hand compared to six and seven of the others from that grouping. For now I have them, hard to say what happens in a month or two even given their popularity.
  The last grouping has not even appeared yet in my area, although I intend to go out foraging some sunday for them locally and see what hits and misses.

Alrighty then my friend, let's do this. Let's do the first three, plus the Rex (if you're willing to part with it, that is!). What are the others from that second set? I'm assuming Carnotaurus and Acrocanthosaurus at least?

amargasaurus cazaui

Second wave was acrocanthosaurus, carnotaurus, amargasaurus, T-rex, and ceratosaurus.

JurassicGeek09

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on February 10, 2016, 07:44:36 AM
Second wave was acrocanthosaurus, carnotaurus, amargasaurus, T-rex, and ceratosaurus.

Ah, I see. Yeah, let's do the first three plus Rex. I'll get the rest afterwards :)

amargasaurus cazaui

Were you wanting to follow through on this or had you changed your mind...I believe I have one extra rex left or perhaps two at most so, might want to let me know, thanks

JurassicGeek09

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.