News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Any information about this T-Rex?

Started by tyrantqueen, May 19, 2012, 07:31:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Does anyone know where this tubby retro Rex comes from? I am guessing it would be an illustration from a book, which book?

Thanks  :)

Sharptooth

I have that drawing! It's inside one of the "Quindici Libri" (Fifteen books), an ecyclopedia for kids published in the mid '80s here in Italy... Every book of the series was dedicated to a different topic (animals, plants, history, fables and legends, etc) and that bulky Rex was in the one about prehistory (duh!  ::))... I enjoyed them very much as a kid and, speaking frankly, i still do; outdated as some of them are, they're still highly enjoyable!

If you want i can take pics of the prehistoric-themed one  :)

"I am the eyes in the night, the silence within the wind. I am the talons through the fire."

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Sharptooth on June 01, 2012, 12:32:38 PM
I have that drawing! It's inside one of the "Quindici Libri" (Fifteen books), an ecyclopedia for kids published in the mid '80s here in Italy... Every book of the series was dedicated to a different topic (animals, plants, history, fables and legends, etc) and that bulky Rex was in the one about prehistory (duh!  ::))... I enjoyed them very much as a kid and, speaking frankly, i still do; outdated as some of them are, they're still highly enjoyable!

If you want i can take pics of the prehistoric-themed one  :)
Thanks for the information :)) Pics would be nice, thank you  :)

Sharptooth

As i promised, here's some of the other critters of "Gli animali preistorici", the 6th book of the "Quindici Libri" series (i discovered they are the italian version of the "Childcraft" book series, and got published in my country for the first time in 1982; the edition i own is from 1989). Enjoy the ride!

Ta-daaa!  ;D

Bet MANY paleontologists would likle to find such complete specimens, eh?  ;)

those tasty, tasty amphibians... At least for Dimes!

Like this Mesosaurus, i prefer fish...

Che colore erano i dinosauri? (Which colors were dinosaurus?)

"Good grief" said the tecodont "what'up with that freaky hand? Better to leave!"

PvO (Plateosaurus versus Ornitosuchus)... Is not common to see in paleoart nowadays this kind of battle, wonder why...  :-\

Outdated as it is, i love the mood of the scene  8)

A Camptosaurus and a Stego are enjoying a vegan buffet under the rain...

... But suddenly an Allosaurus zallingeri bursts in and mauls the poor fella into oblivion  :(

Look at my wings!

A very aristocratic Iguanodon...

Rex versus the now forgotten Paleoscincus (Edmontonia perhaps?)... Who will win?

Me, of course!

:(

How much i envy those kids!  ;)

but even if non avian dinosaurs have gone...

... Archosaurs as a whole still kick ass!   8)

does anybody knows in what museum are these Allos (always loved the mural behind that skeleton)?

From the Natural History Museum of Milan, good ol' Tanystropheus... Loved this diorama since i was a kid  8)

Fantasia never gets old...

"Ultrasauros" quarry?

Hope you liked the pics  ;)

"I am the eyes in the night, the silence within the wind. I am the talons through the fire."

tyrantqueen

Thank you for your pics Sharptooth  ^-^ Really gorgeous artwork.

In the Plateosaurus versus Ornitosuchus pic, that Plateo almost looks like a komodo dragon (particularly the claws)

Sharptooth

Quote from: tyrantqueen on June 07, 2012, 05:14:44 PM
In the Plateosaurus versus Ornitosuchus pic, that Plateo almost looks like a komodo dragon (particularly the claws)

Yeah, i guess the artist used indeed a komodo as a reference, just look at the skin...  ;)

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.