News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Kaiyodo triceratops garage kit

Started by brettnj, February 11, 2016, 05:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brettnj

...being released along with a garage kit version of the African elephant...

I'm waiting to confirm whether it is also available finished in vinyl, but I think not.

http://kaiyodo.ecq.sc/kyd-maex002.html

DinoLord

Looks like a great model; I'm definitely interested in knowing if they'll put out a finished version. With any luck they'll start releasing more large vinyl dinosaurs.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Is this the same scale as the past large vinyl ones?  I never have picked up the past Triceratops vinyl kit, if this is the same scale I'm game to buy one.

Looked on HLJ.com but didn't see it yet, the have the elephant in a completed kit though for release in April : https://www.hlj.com/product/KYD00041/Fig

Shuvuuia

It looks good, but the lack of cheeks freaks me out.

Blade-of-the-Moon

It's a style I've seen in many newer Asian restorations. They can be added back rather easily.

brettnj

A finished version will be released on 4/25.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: brettnj on February 12, 2016, 03:20:38 AM
A finished version will be released on 4/25.

Cool. Is there a price/place to order?

Still haven't figured out the size either. Looks like it might the older version with a modified head?

brettnj

No details yet, but the kit is 5000 and the elephant kit is 7000 and the finished version of the elephant is in the 13000-16000 range, so you can extrapolate.  The trike is a bit smaller than the elephant.

brettnj

Fast update...  It is 160mm x 370mm and announced as costing 13800 yen.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: brettnj on February 12, 2016, 04:03:17 AM
Fast update...  It is 160mm x 370mm and announced as costing 13800 yen.

That sounds like a large scale. Too bad, I was kinda hoping it would be around 1/40. Nonetheless, it's great to see Kaiyodo doing some more kits.

Blade-of-the-Moon

So that's about 6.5" tall and 15" long.  Sounds like 1:20 which will fit in nicely with my other kaiyodo vinyls.  About 123.00 USD too..not bad for built and painted.

triceratops83

Will this turn up with the usual Japanese sellers on Ebay? Or is this gonna be one of those hard to get things? Cause it goes without saying I want one. ^-^
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

brettnj

I, as with any Japanese figures, can get it, but I'll only sell it if I can offer the lowest price (as I do with virtually all other Japanese figures).  But as with last year's blue whale, if it's available from a site such as Entertainment Earth (which shipped that figure free to US buyers), that won't be the case.

But rest assured anyone who wants it will be able to get one either via me or a less expensive option if such exists.  Same with the elephant.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: triceratops83 on February 12, 2016, 01:06:17 PM
Will this turn up with the usual Japanese sellers on Ebay? Or is this gonna be one of those hard to get things? Cause it goes without saying I want one. ^-^

Brought you out of the woodwork did it? lol

brettnj

Hey.

If doing so will result in our being able to beat the prices otherwise available to US and international buyers, my source has agreed to ship directly to anyone requesting the elephant or triceratops and on top of that, I'd forego my fee, since I'd then barely have a hand in the transactions.

So, if you are interested in one or the other, please e-mail or PM to request my e-mail address and then e-mail so I can add your name to a list to be informed of whether we can beat the best prices we find.

Thanks.

triceratops83

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 12, 2016, 05:32:46 PM

I come scuttling out when someone mentions Triceratops. ;)
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: triceratops83 on February 13, 2016, 05:42:08 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 12, 2016, 05:32:46 PM

I come scuttling out when someone mentions Triceratops. ;)

lol have I mentioned how great it is having someone else again so devoted to one particular species around these parts?  ;D

triceratops83

Quote from: brettnj on February 13, 2016, 04:04:45 AM
If doing so will result in our being able to beat the prices otherwise available to US and international buyers, my source has agreed to ship directly to anyone requesting the elephant or triceratops and on top of that, I'd forego my fee, since I'd then barely have a hand in the transactions.

Because I live in Australia this might be the best option for me. I'd still be happy to pay your fee, because it makes things easier for me. Aside from Ebay there is no other option for me here to get stuff from Japan.

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 13, 2016, 06:23:13 AM
lol have I mentioned how great it is having someone else again so devoted to one particular species around these parts?  ;D

Even with just Triceratops it almost gets out of hand. It's such a commonly reproduced figure for the collector. Really, it's only Tyrannosaurus that beats it out for sheer number of figures and models, right? I guess it's both a lucky and exhausting choice. So far this year there's this Kaiyodo, a repainted Kaiyodo Museum Q, a repainted Battat, a Rebor baby, potentially a Rebor adult, and there's always a model or a vintage piece that pops up. I recommend the single genus collection - if you really get into it it's quite rewarding!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.