News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

My Papo repaints ( JP inspired)

Started by waste_management, February 24, 2016, 09:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waste_management

Quote from: Viking Spawn on March 22, 2016, 03:46:04 PM
Excellent customs!  I hope you repainted a Running Rex too!

Thank you :)  I am currently not planing on getting that t-rex because i do not like the headsculpt...but maybe one day i will get it i make a head swap with the brown rex 8)

Rain

If I read correctly, then you have 2 repainted Rexs. Well if you ever get bored of one, you could carve in some scars to make it look more like the Jurassic World Rex. Awesome work  btw  ^-^

waste_management

Quote from: Rain on March 22, 2016, 07:52:00 PM
If I read correctly, then you have 2 repainted Rexs. Well if you ever get bored of one, you could carve in some scars to make it look more like the Jurassic World Rex. Awesome work  btw  ^-^

Thank you :)
I thought about doing it with this one but i am not sure as i am not the biggest fan of jurassic world. The first one i did is a repainted brown rex with some alterations in the sculpt and this one is the green rex from papo that, in my opinion, looks more like the rex in jurassic park.

....actually it will be my third rex , this one i painted some time ago jp3 style 8)

Viking Spawn

Viergacht

Wow, the colors are so subtle and wonderful!

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Django

I love the repaints of your dinosaurs, they're simply superb! I collect the papo dinos myself and I'd love to have your repaints instead of the original ones, especially the Parasaurolophus and Triceratops...
The modified pose of the Triceratops is also great. May I ask how you managed to pose the model that way? Boiled water? Hair dryer? I've read that with these methods the models tend to return to their original state. Did you use another technique?

cheers,
Günter

Arul

waste_management

Quote from: Django on July 05, 2016, 10:37:53 PM
I love the repaints of your dinosaurs, they're simply superb! I collect the papo dinos myself and I'd love to have your repaints instead of the original ones, especially the Parasaurolophus and Triceratops...
The modified pose of the Triceratops is also great. May I ask how you managed to pose the model that way? Boiled water? Hair dryer? I've read that with these methods the models tend to return to their original state. Did you use another technique?

cheers,
Günter

Sorry for the late answer, i have not checked my account for a while.Thank you very much....no i did not boil it, i removed the tail and sculpted a new one. i also cut of the head and gave it a new position.

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Derek.McManus

Nice models and subtle shading work!

Dilopho

Quote from: waste_management on March 22, 2016, 03:02:24 PM
Dilophosaurus

This is lovely but this one still reminds me of the JP one!

Anyway it's a beautiful repaint.

LophoLeeVT

someday i hope you buy another dilo and color it the jp colors!
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

bL00df0x

Wow! I love your repaints and you inspire me to repainted my dinosaurs too. Great work!

unbreakableandy

Any chance you could reupload all your repaint pictures somewhere? I'd love to see them but for some reason they aren't working for me.

waste_management

Quote from: unbreakableandy on July 10, 2017, 02:51:26 AM
Any chance you could reupload all your repaint pictures somewhere? I'd love to see them but for some reason they aren't working for me.

Hi I will upload some of them here as well as a few new ones in a couple of days:)

waste_management

So here are some of my older images reuploaded. i will also post some new pics soon of figures i am currently working on.

Quote from: waste_management on July 16, 2017, 04:02:41 PM
Quote from: unbreakableandy on July 10, 2017, 02:51:26 AM

Hi I will upload some of them here as well as a few new ones in a couple of days:)

Reptilia

The Allosaurus is new to this thread, you didn't show it before, if I'm not mistaken. It would benefit of some touches on the head and the spines, in my opinion. Can't wait to see the new ones.

waste_management

Quote from: Reptilia on July 31, 2017, 12:16:55 AM
The Allosaurus is new to this thread, you didn't show it before, if I'm not mistaken. It would benefit of some touches on the head and the spines, in my opinion. Can't wait to see the new ones.

I guess i did not post it before i am not shure. I might redo him entirely some day because i find his colours a little bit boring now.

Anyway here are some new pics of my recent customs...bad ligthning, and overall messy pictures but it was late and i was tired ;D

...the trex is a jp 1 inspired repaint of my green one. I had to redo both rexes because i had problems with the paint i used back then.

here comes my papo ankylosaurus....I only did some touch ups on this one...

and here is my new male raptor jp3 style

I used Citadel colors and primer for my new repaints and i am really happy with the result as i had problems previously with paint getting sticky.

I am currently working on a little resculpt for the papo stegosaurus but it might take some time to finish.

Reptilia

I wish Papo used such colours for the Acrocanthosaurus, maybe with some burgundy striping or other kind of pattern along the body, to add a bit of variancy. Honestly I like the eyes on your repaint way more than on the original, can't stand that red circle around the pupil they did. Great job on all of them, the raptor in particular is simply stunning!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: