News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Wanted: Dinosaucers - anything related to the show

Started by TheMasterTurtle, March 09, 2016, 04:09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMasterTurtle

Hi There - I was part of the old forum but stepped away from collecting for quite a while but now I'm back to it. I'm looking to grow my Dinosaucers collection and am interested in anything from the show, large or small. I have amassed quite a Dinosaucers collection but am actively looking for more.

Cels, Toys, Promotional items - ANYTHING.

Please message me or email me if you have any available or have any leads.

Even if not for sale - Id simply LOVE to see anyone else's Dinosaucers collections/items!

Thanks for reading and hope to track some items down!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Man, I've heard of these pieces being really hard to locate. All I have is a orig. vhs in storage.   Would love to see pics of what a true collector has though.  eBay will probably be your best bet in the end.

TheMasterTurtle

I'm missing 1 of the official released VHS tapes so I'd be curious which one you had?

I'll have to post it here but other than a few items here's a link to my collection:
http://themasterturtle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Archinto

I was a huge fan of dinosaucers. I really wish they had released the toys in the usa. I guess they were produced by glasslite in Brazil. Either way ebay is probably your best bet for the uuber rare stuff. Ive seen piles of animation cels over the years on ebay that were pretty affordable. Pretty envious of your figures, they are amazing!
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

TheMasterTurtle

Thanks I appreciate it. I wish the toys would have been released before the show because I think it would have been a success. The toys are probably my favorite out of everything I collect. I've been doing the eBay watching for a good decade now and have snagged some stuff. I recall a member here years ago having some cels and I figured who knows, maybe I'd have luck here again. It's pretty amazing that they had 65 episodes and there are barely any cels out there. Most must have just been destroyed through The cancellation of the show and eventual sale of DiC.

There's a cel on eBay right now of Ichy for $880 which is ridiculous. In acquiring the cels that I have I've never paid over $80 for one but would value some between $100-$150. There's a Fan base but small. And of that small group not many will pay extreme prices which I think anything above $150 is. The seller looks to be a gallery and I'm curious to see how long it takes that cel to sell if it does at all at that price.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: TheMasterTurtle on March 09, 2016, 07:56:41 PM
I'm missing 1 of the official released VHS tapes so I'd be curious which one you had?

I'll have to post it here but other than a few items here's a link to my collection:
http://themasterturtle.deviantart.com/gallery/

I think had the Hollywood episode on it if I recall..I think it's the one you have with Bonehead on the cover.

Awesome collection though, that's the most Dinosaucers material I've seen in one place.

I too wish the figures had made it here..I know I would have had a few!

TheMasterTurtle

I actually got that one not long ago. Frozen Furballs is the last VHS tape I need.

And thanks - I've been making so many efforts to grow this collection. It's actually probably been the most enjoyable thing I've collected simply because I can't just go buy it off a shelf and in many cases I can't click a buy button. Lots of this stuff has been through finding leads and calling people.

I've enlisted a friend to 3D the remaining characters for 3D printing. I'm putting lots of efforts into making these things a reality but I'm at the mercy of his busy schedule so it hasn't gotten much traction thus far.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: TheMasterTurtle on March 11, 2016, 01:47:36 AM
I actually got that one not long ago. Frozen Furballs is the last VHS tape I need.

And thanks - I've been making so many efforts to grow this collection. It's actually probably been the most enjoyable thing I've collected simply because I can't just go buy it off a shelf and in many cases I can't click a buy button. Lots of this stuff has been through finding leads and calling people.

I've enlisted a friend to 3D the remaining characters for 3D printing. I'm putting lots of efforts into making these things a reality but I'm at the mercy of his busy schedule so it hasn't gotten much traction thus far.

That's cool! We have a few 3D artists here that might help out, but sadly it is time consuming so a bit costly.

Have you considered doing a Kickstarter? I bet there are fans of the show that would support it..I'd love to have some replicas of the characters myself.

TheMasterTurtle

I've considered a Kickstarter but I see a lot of roadblocks a long the way that I'd have to figure out and some I have no control over.

I'd be nervous drawing attention and not having licensing for them which would be an extra fee. It seems nuts but I don't want any loose ends that would get me in trouble.

Fans are far and few between and although some exist the list is small and even smaller is the list that would spend money on what it would cost to make these. If there was a large following with potential of lots of support the price per unit would go down but Id expect each figure to be a couple hundred when all said and done. I want all the Dinos on my shelf one day and logically if this project would become accessible to other people of interest I'd assume the title characters would be wanted first (Allo and Rex specifically). Because those have been made though, my last step in all this would be 3D scanning the 5 Brazilian and 1 Galoob ones to make available.

I'm pretty preliminary with the project due to lack of time but I have some irons in the fire. I've got a friend currently living in China who I gave an extra scratched up Rex with missing pieces to figure out what a cost could be to produce some of these if I ever got the ball rolling. Slow moving but still going places.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: TheMasterTurtle on March 11, 2016, 12:22:51 PM
I've considered a Kickstarter but I see a lot of roadblocks a long the way that I'd have to figure out and some I have no control over.

I'd be nervous drawing attention and not having licensing for them which would be an extra fee. It seems nuts but I don't want any loose ends that would get me in trouble.

Fans are far and few between and although some exist the list is small and even smaller is the list that would spend money on what it would cost to make these. If there was a large following with potential of lots of support the price per unit would go down but Id expect each figure to be a couple hundred when all said and done. I want all the Dinos on my shelf one day and logically if this project would become accessible to other people of interest I'd assume the title characters would be wanted first (Allo and Rex specifically). Because those have been made though, my last step in all this would be 3D scanning the 5 Brazilian and 1 Galoob ones to make available.

I'm pretty preliminary with the project due to lack of time but I have some irons in the fire. I've got a friend currently living in China who I gave an extra scratched up Rex with missing pieces to figure out what a cost could be to produce some of these if I ever got the ball rolling. Slow moving but still going places.

I was actually thinking something a bit more detailed and originally sculpted.  If based loosely in concept and not named exactly the same , licensing shouldnt be a issue.  They be printed through Shapeways, a 6-8" figure is about 40.00. Not a huge cost involved then.

TheMasterTurtle

I admit this would be my first venture into 3D printing as well but through what I've seen/ been recommended by some modelers a printers, unless you print in resin (sla printer I believe) it won't capture high detail such as small texture and print lines would be visible. The acetone wash removes the print lines but also fine textures. In the case of these, even if they were loosely based I feel skin and suit textures would be needed to satisfy what I'd be looking for. I may be all wrong but not being experienced I've only been able to base my opinion off what I've read and been told. Something about toys in general that always bother me is when they aren't very screen accurate and I think I'd be bothered for the rest of my Life If I had these printed and they weren't accurate especially when I had control over their accuracy.

All a dream right now but I hope it's an eventual reality.

TheMasterTurtle

Was able to acquire 31 new cels but still looking for more stuff!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.