News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

work in progress carnotaurus

Started by darylj, May 23, 2012, 03:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darylj

still a way to go... but this is my first total repaint.

[attachment msg=9964][/attachment]

Sharptooth

Very good repaint... But why you painted his snout like a beak? Just asking  ;)

"I am the eyes in the night, the silence within the wind. I am the talons through the fire."

darylj

this better? haha....
kinda happy with how this is turning out...
still gotta get some bases sorted as scrapped the gigi base on my other post.
anyone got any basing tips?

[attachment msg=9973][/attachment]

tyrantqueen

Hey you're good :) Nice colour scheme, did you make it up yourself or is it referenced from somewhere?

I hate bases on my figures so I can't help there sadly. But good luck.

darylj

i was loosely thinking of this - http://www.dinosaur-world.com/weird_dinosaurs/species/carnotaurus_sastrei.gif

but i just had in mind that it should be red... isnt there proof that this dino was red?

and thanks... im learning as i go

Sharptooth

Slightly better than before, if i may add  :)

"I am the eyes in the night, the silence within the wind. I am the talons through the fire."

Patrx

Quote from: darylj on May 23, 2012, 08:08:01 PM
but i just had in mind that it should be red... isnt there proof that this dino was red?

Red is a really popular color choice for Carnotaurus, but as far as I am aware, it's not based on anything particularly scientific.

darylj

Yeah thinkng about it I dont know why I thought there was evidence.
They do look right red though.  :)

Metallisuchus

Quote from: Pixelboy on May 23, 2012, 09:53:24 PM
Quote from: darylj on May 23, 2012, 08:08:01 PM

Red is a really popular color choice for Carnotaurus, but as far as I am aware, it's not based on anything particularly scientific.

The original JP Carno was red and black. I noticed that after that toy came out, Carno's were typically those colors. Then of course, Disney's Dinosaur was released, and the Carnos in that were red as well. As Daryl said, they just look good in red...

Bokisaurus

Very nice repaint of this one, I like it better than the original paint ^-^

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nice repaint ! I love how detailed this guy is..just wish the factory paint work would really bring it out.

darylj

ok, i think its finished?

[attachment msg=10362][/attachment]

Himmapaan

darylj

Horridus

Really lovely! I actually quite liked the yellow snout, but the final one is just as good.
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Gryphoceratops

Awesome job!  I too thought the yellow on the muzzle was cool in its own way.

Bokisaurus

reidak12

Beautiful detailing on the face! I wish I could do have that good a job on my Tamiya kits. :)

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.