You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Ceratopsian's custom paints and everything else: new 10 May 2024

Started by ceratopsian, March 19, 2016, 12:58:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Son los achelousaurus y rubeosaurus que siempre me gustaría tener en el mercado del juguete. Magníficas figuras de resina. Te felicito ceraptosian. Es increíble.  :o

Megalosaurus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 16, 2018, 03:36:43 PM
Son los achelousaurus y rubeosaurus que siempre me gustaría tener en el mercado del juguete. Magníficas figuras de resina. Te felicito ceraptosian. Es increíble.  :o

Amigo Shonisaurus, ¡estás escribiendo en español! Se agradece el esfuerzo. Tienes razón, ambas figuras son fabulosas.

---

Dear Shonisaurus, you are writting in spanish! Much appreciated. You're right, both are gorgeous figures.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

ceratopsian

Thanks, Shonisaurus.  I too would like to see models in the toy market that have that sort of life in them!  Thanks too, all the other various people who commented.  Reptilia - yes, I have accumulated a lot of books - but over quite some time.

Reptilia

Books are one of the greatest things in life, my family have lots but I'm trying to build my own, personal collection. Hope I'll have a dedicated room sometime in the future.

ceratopsian

Another parcel from UMF models arrived yesterday, this time quite a small box.  Here's what it contained.

I'm sure you will recognise the Schleich Psittacosaurus hiding under a new colour scheme.  I know that some people like the more vibrant "factory settings" colours but they didn't appeal to me - colours are so personal a thing.  My preference was for something much more subdued.  I am aware that there has been discussion as to which species of Psittacosaurus the model represents.    Nevertheless, I asked Martin for something on the lines of Bob Nicholls' life-size model, only a bit more decorative.  I saw his model first at the Dinosaur Society's weekend in Barnes, then again at Wollaton Hall, and I love it.  I asked for a "modest" base, so was surprised to have something so detailed.  (Not that I'm complaining!)  I like the way Martin created a little hill to make the posture of the beast even more dramatic.  As always, I like the result of his artistry.

Beegfood

Sooooo much better than the factory paint job,

I would buy it in a shop(if it would be there)for sure!!

Faelrin

That custom base and paint job is excellent. Wish that was the real deal one could buy.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

postsaurischian

:D Wonderful, wonderful!

Mine is also in the works - just has to wait until Wild Safari Dimetrodon and Triceratops are also finished to get back to me.
      Have I already mentioned before how much I enjoy the anticipation?

Patrx

Fantastic! I never knew a Schleich figure could be made to look so appealing  :))

Postsaurischian, I am very much looking forward to seeing what Martin makes of your new Safari figures, too!

ceratopsian

Thank you for your various comments, friends.

Faelrin and Beegfood: whether you would want to buy it in a shop is a true test of the success of a repaint - thank you!

Postsaurischian: looking forward to seeing your version, along with the WS figures.  And yes, anticipation is a big part of the fun.

Patrx: I have bought very few Schleich figures!

Shonisaurus

The personalized figure of psittacosaurus Schleich is what one would like to have is a magnificent figure, it is much more realistic than that marketed by the company.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Megalosaurus on January 19, 2018, 12:16:59 AM

Amigo Shonisaurus, ¡estás escribiendo en español! Se agradece el esfuerzo. Tienes razón, ambas figuras son fabulosas.

---

Dear Shonisaurus, you are writting in spanish! Much appreciated. You're right, both are gorgeous figures.

Sorry megalosaurus my lapsus when writing in Spanish, I'm sorry. I'll try not to happen again. It was not my intention, I know that in the forum is written in English (the official language of the forum) I apologize.  :(  :-[

Patrx

Don't worry, Shonisaurus, writing in Spanish isn't against the official rules or anything, it's just that many of us are unable to read it  ;)

PhilSauria

Very nice job, what a transformation! Seems a lot of people are happy with the sculpt but not so much with the colour - is this one heading for some sort of most-repainted award? I am seriously considering giving mine a makeover along similar lines, though I'm sure the end result won't look quite so impressive.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Patrx on February 01, 2018, 08:00:11 PM
Don't worry, Shonisaurus, writing in Spanish isn't against the official rules or anything, it's just that many of us are unable to read it  ;)

Thanks Patrx for your words, I hope that it does not happen again.  :)

Megalosaurus

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Bokisaurus

Looks beautiful and almost looks like a resin model. Great new addition ^-^

ceratopsian

I've had several parcels arrive over the last couple of weeks, all of them containing "off the peg" models.  First up, the resin Sinoceratops from Vitae.  I ordered this from Monster House HK and was amazed when the package arrived after about five days.  I opened it in trepidation in case the contents had been damaged in transit but all was well.  Some photos:

It's striking and I'm pleased with it.  The colour choices are unusual.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: