News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

When will they commercialize the nemicolopterus? It is the most awaited figure on my part.

Ravonium

Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 21, 2018, 09:43:34 PM
When will they commercialize the nemicolopterus? It is the most awaited figure on my part.

It was put on Amazon.com earlier today :) : https://www.amazon.com/PNSO-Prehistoric-Animal-Nemicolopterus-Tracy/dp/B07K9L98K1/?th=1

ceratopsian

It is up today. All the minis are now listed on Amazon.com. I did not order it though.

Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 21, 2018, 09:43:34 PM

Ravonium

(WARNING: THIS POST WILL BE IMAGE HEAVY)

While PNSO's Facebook has only shown the Alioramus since my last update, a lot more outdoor photos have been posted on Amazon.com:

acro-man

Got mine.
No words would be best words.

喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

Shonisaurus

I am waiting for my PNSO nemicolopterus. It's on the way, the rest I'll buy from Everythingdinosaur or another European company that embarks on marketing those figures.

stargatedalek

No shipping to Canada, of course. Heaven forbid Amazon, the mega-corporation that it is, extend their automatic shipping pricing system that already exists to all products. The horror that would cause to their company, how ever could they sustain it. /s

These look incredible, I can hardly wait until they appear with a retailer I can actually use :'(

Flaffy

Opinion on Dakosaurus having osteoderms?
Most Dakosaurus restorations lack such osteoderms.

Sim

avatar_stargatedalek @stargatedalek, earlier in this thread another member expressed having the problem where there wasn't an option to ship the figures to their country.  They mentioned they wrote to PNSO about this and PNSO enabled shipping of their figures to that member's country.  So if you were to contact PNSO about this, on Facebook it appears is the recommended way, they might enable the option to ship their figures to Canada.  Check the following posts in this thread for what was said about it previously: Reply #1206, Reply #1208, Reply #1214

Here's a link to the page with those posts: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4503.1200

Shonisaurus

Seeing these magnificent photos of these PNSO dinosaur miniatures I have decided to entrust all the figures to Acro-man. I'm waiting for your answer. Honestly on Amazon I get much more expensive than buying the twenty-four new figures from PNSO to Acro-man. They are prehistoric animal figures very cool and very sweet from the point of view of a collector as is my case.

Mr. Challenger

I bought the Dakosaurus, the Atopodentatus, the Quanzhousaurus and the Tianyulong. I really like these tiny figures and I don't have any representation of any of these species in my toy collection.
I'll take pictures of them when they arrive if I can  :)

Shonisaurus

My dream is to buy Acro-man among other figures the odontochelys is one of my favorite figures for its rarity as a toy.

Ravonium

Of the figures acro-man posted, my personal favorite has to be Liaoceratops. Pretty much everything about the figure (from the scale texture and the frill's colour scheme, to even the eyes and mouth) adds a lot of character to this figure, while still remaining within reason for a living animal. It's a perfect figure for both collectors and children.

Mei long, Sinosauropteryx and Nemicolopterus are all just as good or better than the stock images in all regards. My only real issues with these figures are that the former two are depicted in the positions their fossils are in, and that the latter has too little fluff around the neck, and is a figure of a potential juvenile synomyn of Sinopterus.

The Odontochelys is a well painted figure, and the best taxonomic choice of the lot, but I'm not really sure what to think of the skin texture on the 'carapace'. It's well done, but I'm unsure of how accurate it is.

The Tianyulong is a fairly good figure in all regards, even if it looks a bit worse than the (unrealistically good) stock image. I agree with another user here that the 'funky skunk' look gives the figure a lot of charm. For all we know, maybe Tianyulong did spray like a skunk or at least have a strong smell  ;)

Halichoeres

Quote from: Flaffy on November 23, 2018, 06:26:21 PM
Opinion on Dakosaurus having osteoderms?
Most Dakosaurus restorations lack such osteoderms.

According to Young et al. 2012 (PLoS One 7: e44985), metriorhynchids lost their osteoderms; Dakosaurus would have had to re-evolve them. Seems like an oops to me. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3445579/
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

I was super excited to see the new minis pop up in my Amazon recommendations the other day! Definitely getting the Atopodentatus and Guidraco for my 1:40 display collection. I'm eager to buy the first available Yi qi toy too!

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

I love those in-the-field promo shots!

suspsy

That's a shame about the Dakosaurus; I was really keen on that one until I saw the osteoderms. May still pick it up; as I've lamented before, metriorhynchid toys aren't exactly legion. :(
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Shonisaurus

I have already bought the 24 beauties from PNSO to Acro-man, it's cheaper for me to buy it in their store than to buy it from Amazon. I am totally grateful.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Ravonium on November 24, 2018, 09:30:38 PM

The Odontochelys is a well painted figure, and the best taxonomic choice of the lot, but I'm not really sure what to think of the skin texture on the 'carapace'. It's well done, but I'm unsure of how accurate it is.

I missed this before, but I think the texture on the carapace is plausible. The carapace was incomplete, and while it's possible that there were some scutes, I don't believe any have been found.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: