News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector In my case I had not seen this PNSO cryolophosaurs has favorably caught my attention. Thanks for sharing that image.

terrorchicken

I dont have any of these minis yet, are the details really that fine? its amazing considering how small these are.

& how cute is that mei!

ceratopsian

Quote from: DinoToyCollector on November 12, 2018, 11:05:18 AM
PNSO just send me pictures of all these little guys in high res...
Have we already seen this little fellow?

He is no. 48 I think in the pictures Flaffy posted just above, seen from the other side.  The "in the wild" photos have the base removed.  The "outdoors" photos also look a lot less "flat" than the photos Flaffy posted for us.

y09urt

Just ordered their Mini Chasmosaurus from the Amazon shop! Will probably do a short review once I receive it!

Minmiminime

"The big guys are coming"...so far, a re-release of Doyle...ever hopeful that the Amargasaurus and Spinosaurus will shortly make their debut! This post gives cause for hope ;D https://www.facebook.com/814219578676241/posts/1936209929810528/
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

ceratopsian

Plus they said "later this month" when someone on Facebook asked when the mini Baryonyx would be released.  I wonder - are the minis in their lovely photos the prototypes rather than production models?  Not much longer to wait to find out.

K.Bela

Quote from: Flaffy on November 12, 2018, 03:40:39 AM

These are very impressive. Small but exceptionally detailed.

However, I would like to ask for some advice regarding their purchase... I saw on Amazon that the new Doyle (https://www.amazon.com/PNSO-Dinosaur-Museums-Doyle-Triceratops/dp/B07KDML5J8/ref=pd_ybh_a_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=C7F0KQ5TRN5CAZSQQ0WW) and several of the new "mini-series" (https://www.amazon.com/PNSO-Prehistoric-Animal-Chasmosaurus-Brown/dp/B07K9NWFKN/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1542114678&sr=8-7&keywords=pnso) are available. Sadly, it is stated they're not shipped to my country, Hungary.

Any idea how can one resolve this?
Thank you in advance!

KeU

Quote from: Minmiminime on November 13, 2018, 07:32:18 AM
"The big guys are coming"...so far, a re-release of Doyle...ever hopeful that the Amargasaurus and Spinosaurus will shortly make their debut! This post gives cause for hope ;D https://www.facebook.com/814219578676241/posts/1936209929810528/
The paint apps looks much better from the first release.
Anyone getting the new and improved Doyle?
Was wondering if they are just using the same production sample for the photos.

ceratopsian

Re posting: avatar_K.Bela @K.Bela -  I have two suggestions.  You could try messaging acro-man, who is here on the Forum.  I have bought PNSO models (including "Doyle") through him when PNSO hasn't been on Amazon and he is very reliable.  (I have bought plenty of other things too through him.)  He takes Paypal.  Another suggestion to try: message PNSO (or Yiniao Sci-Art, or both) on Facebook and explain you are in Hungary and amazon.com doesn't offer shipping to Hungary, do they have suggestions. 

Quote from: K.Bela on November 13, 2018, 01:17:05 PM
These are very impressive. Small but exceptionally detailed.

However, I would like to ask for some advice regarding they purchase... I saw on Amazon that the new Doyle (https://www.amazon.com/PNSO-Dinosaur-Museums-Doyle-Triceratops/dp/B07KDML5J8/ref=pd_ybh_a_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=C7F0KQ5TRN5CAZSQQ0WW) and several of the new "mini-series" (https://www.amazon.com/PNSO-Prehistoric-Animal-Chasmosaurus-Brown/dp/B07K9NWFKN/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1542114678&sr=8-7&keywords=pnso) are available. Sadly, it is stated they're not shipped to my country, Hungary.

Any idea how can one resolve this?
Thank you in advance!

ceratopsian

False alarm: I thought my package of two minis had arrived and was very excited - but it turned out to be the third series of "The Virginian"!  A DVD box felt like it could be the two minis......

empire3569

Quote from: Minmiminime on November 13, 2018, 07:32:18 AM

I went ahead and ordered a second Doyle; I bought the original release when I thought that PNSO was going under and didn't want to miss out on that spectacular sculpt, but the paint job always left something to be desired. This second release looks much much better, so I'm ok getting a second model. May sell the original at some point

Regarding the other big models, I messaged them about a week ago and they replied, and I quote "hi, there are producing now! However, there were some troubles because of the factory, it will be late for the release"

I'm not sure what the troubles were (I remember last year there was some disagreements about pain apps?) or something else, or if they will be released this year, as they did not specify

Shonisaurus

I hope they commercialize at least the spinosaurus and amargasaurus I have to surrender to the idea that this year or next will make the giganotosaurus I have to be realistic.

But I hope that one of those two "big boys" is the spinosaurus and the amargasaurus crossed the fingers.

Ceratosaurus

Quote from: empire3569 on November 13, 2018, 03:49:26 PM
I'm not sure what the troubles were (I remember last year there was some disagreements about pain apps?) or something else, or if they will be released this year, as they did not specify
This is what I got a while back when I asked them about their Spinosaurus figure. Probably a similar issue.

My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

ceratopsian

Better to resolve "colour issues" rather than let them leave the factory in an unsatisfactory state.

K.Bela

Re posting avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian : I wrote to PNSO about my issue, and they changed the settings on Amazon. :) PNSO models and figure are now shipped to my little country, Hungary, as well.
They are back, tending to customers, informing them, etc. And that post about the coming of big guys... PNSO is activated. ;)

Quote from: ceratopsian on November 13, 2018, 03:17:49 PM
Re posting: avatar_K.Bela @K.Bela -  I have two suggestions.  You could try messaging acro-man, who is here on the Forum.  I have bought PNSO models (including "Doyle") through him when PNSO hasn't been on Amazon and he is very reliable.  (I have bought plenty of other things too through him.)  He takes Paypal.  Another suggestion to try: message PNSO (or Yiniao Sci-Art, or both) on Facebook and explain you are in Hungary and amazon.com doesn't offer shipping to Hungary, do they have suggestions.

Shonisaurus

Better that the PNSO figures are of high quality and painted correctly, I applaud the decision of PNSO because it is the most successful, it is better that the new figures are well elaborated both in their modeling and in their painting and above all I wish they are resistant to the abrasions caused by involuntary fall of the figures. I have figures of other brands that unfortunately fell out of my shelving and suffer serious abrasions. Without going any further, the giganotosaurus of Mojo, which by the way is poorly maintained unfortunately.

ceratopsian

My Spinops and Chasmosaurus arrived this morning just as I had to leave house for the day. I only had time to open box and get the capsules out quickly. The models inside look super, really detailed. I am looking forward to a better look this evening!

KeU

Quote from: empire3569 on November 13, 2018, 03:49:26 PM
I went ahead and ordered a second Doyle; I bought the original release when I thought that PNSO was going under and didn't want to miss out on that spectacular sculpt, but the paint job always left something to be desired. This second release looks much much better, so I'm ok getting a second model. May sell the original at some point
Regarding the other big models, I messaged them about a week ago and they replied, and I quote "hi, there are producing now! However, there were some troubles because of the factory, it will be late for the release"
Do you mind posting pics of Doyle v2.0 when you receive it?
Many thanks in advance.

ceratopsian

Back home now and I've taken a couple of snaps of the new arrivals.

I'll try and take more at the weekend when there is some daylight!  Very pleased with both of them, though the Spinops has a superior paint scheme and texture.  I'm delighted that the models are nicely matt rather than shiny plastic, but this is especially true of Spinops.  The posters are smaller than the old version but still good.  I like how they are done so that the animal is displayed against a naturalistic "outdoors" background when it is in its plastic bubble.

suspsy

Bloody Amazon won't ship these to Canada. Hopefully ED will get them in soon.

Incidentally, I was informed by MiniZoo that they're hoping to start stocking PNSO next year.  :)
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: