News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Quote from: postsaurischian on March 21, 2019, 08:41:36 PM
Quote from: Andreioli on March 21, 2019, 08:34:25 PM
Quote from: KeU on March 21, 2019, 08:30:42 PM
Quote from: postsaurischian on March 21, 2019, 08:29:02 PM
??? Bittergasaurus?
Google translate strikes again.

Latin amarus = bitter  ;)

Ah! Then it's Amarusgasaurus :) .

True the google translator has played me a trick is amargasaurus.  :)

Andreioli

??? Bittergasaurus?

I have no idea what Shonisaurus wrote in Google translate that "bittersaurus" came out the other end  :D
But here's another way to miss-translate: is you misspell "amarsaurus" it transaltes to "lovesaurus"  ;D

Transaltion is fun !

Halichoeres

I'll bet it was "Amargosaurus"
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

suspsy

Here's a recent interview with Zhao Chuang. Have to say, it's great to see an Asian paleoartist rising to fame!

http://www.thatsmags.com/shanghai/post/27104/we-speak-with-one-of-the-world-s-best-dino-artists-zhao-chuang
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Shonisaurus

Zhao Chuang apart from fabulous paleoartist of pictorial works of dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures is a paleoescultor of height sincerely the figures that make in the toy market are a real luxury and they are sincerely destined to an adult public, even if they are of PVC or vinyl .

Superb interview with Zhao Chuang and what I like the most is his humility when affirming in the interview that he has to improve when making figures of dinosaurs or animals typical of the prehistoric world.

Ravonium

Quote from: Andreioli on March 21, 2019, 08:48:08 PM
I have no idea what Shonisaurus wrote in Google translate that "bittersaurus" came out the other end  :D
But here's another way to miss-translate: is you misspell "amarsaurus" it transaltes to "lovesaurus"  ;D

Well, whatever he wrote, this isn't even the first time it came out as 'bittergasaurus' (Also, in the second link, 'Papo' somehow came out as 'Pataspo')  ^-^

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Ravonium on March 22, 2019, 04:08:13 PM

Well, whatever he wrote, this isn't even the first time it came out as 'bittergasaurus' (Also, in the second link, 'Papo' somehow came out as 'Pataspo')  ^-^

Of course due to my bad English I use the translator many times and I have to say that the google translator makes funny translations.  :))

ceratopsian

Quote from: Shonisaurus on March 22, 2019, 04:15:43 PM
..... I use the translator many times and I have to say that the google translator makes funny translations.  :))

And it gives us quite a bit of gentle amusement when Google gets it wrong!   :))

BlueKrono

"Amarga" is Spanish for bitter, though the dinosaur was actually named after the La Amarga Formation in Argentina. Funny the translator would translate just part of a word...
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Ikessauro

Quote from: BlueKrono on March 22, 2019, 05:33:25 PM
"Amarga" is Spanish for bitter, though the dinosaur was actually named after the La Amarga Formation in Argentina. Funny the translator would translate just part of a word...

Yep. In Brazilian Portuguese we say "Amargo" for bitter and I instantly understood where the translation mistake came from, since Spanish and Portuguese are very similar. So if you were to make a play of words, the correct option would be Bittersaurus and not Bittergasaurus, because the "ga" is part of the "amarga" word.

Syndicate Bias

Of course due to my bad English I use the translator many times and I have to say that the google translator makes funny translations.  :))

You could put some Spanish down tho. It's also my mother tongue lol

Now has anyone ordered the new Wilson by any chance? I kinda wanna see a review before I purchase that one since I wasn't a fan of the original

Fembrogon

??? Bittergasaurus?

Well, that gave me a good laugh for today.  :)) :))

That was nice, quick interview. We certainly need more artists like Chuang becoming prevalent in the media - producing content with attention to scientific detail, while still making beautiful works of art out of them.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on March 22, 2019, 06:06:33 PM

Now has anyone ordered the new Wilson by any chance? I kinda wanna see a review before I purchase that one since I wasn't a fan of the original
S @Syndicate Bias De acuerdo te mando este mensaje en español alegrándome de que tengamos la misma lengua materna.
I have the new Wilson tyrannosaurus by Amazon. I did not resist to buy it and I can assure that I like it more than its previous version. Honestly I think a more realistic figure regardless of that it has no lips, it stays worse standing without pegs under the hooves and the colors are more monochrome but it is from my point of view (although the sculpture is the same) much better finished. He does not have those devilish eyes that had put his predecessor and my opinion about the tyrannosaurus Wilson of PNSO 2019 can only be one hundred percent positive and that he was and I am an enthusiast of his previous version. I understand that it is an improved version with that repainted and with that more colorful and beautiful base.

mgaguilar

It hasn't arrived yet. I ordered a day after you posted. Hopefully it comes in soon.

mgaguilar

Sorry for the double post, but legit checked with my security guard at 2 AM to grab a package and it turns out he arrived 10 days ahead of schedule! Sorry for the lame photos, but it's really late, and I can get better shots in the morning. Say hello to PNSO's 2019 Wilson!

I have never owned a PNSO dinosaur, but took the opportunity at S @Syndicate Bias 's Wilson Amazon link that was previously shared, and can honestly say that this is the best Tyrannosaurus rex figure available for <$100 on the market. It's an absolutely STUNNING figure and you can easily get lost in the realistic details. Stands stiff on two legs without base, and those glossy eyes just make it feel as though the figure is ALIVE. This figure is legitimately making me want to purchase the previous version just because this one is GORGEOUS. Well worth the $65 price tag. Can't wait to pick up more from them!

Killekor

Congratulations for your new acquisition Mgaguilar! PNSO's Wilson is a really great model!

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Albertosaurus

Looks like they have an Ankylosaurus planned together with the Stegosaurus

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6077554214?red_tag=3404334253

Halichoeres

Y la mía también!

Quote from: Albertosaurus on March 23, 2019, 02:00:48 PM

Remember when PNSO made Chinese dinosaurs that nobody else was making? I liked that. Anyway, I'm not 100% sure that's an Ankylosaurus; it actually looks like it might be one of the other ankylosaurids, like Saichania or Tarchia.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: mgaguilar on March 23, 2019, 10:02:49 AM
Sorry for the double post, but legit checked with my security guard at 2 AM to grab a package and it turns out he arrived 10 days ahead of schedule! Sorry for the lame photos, but it's really late, and I can get better shots in the morning. Say hello to PNSO's 2019 Wilson!

I have never owned a PNSO dinosaur, but took the opportunity at S @Syndicate Bias 's Wilson Amazon link that was previously shared, and can honestly say that this is the best Tyrannosaurus rex figure available for <$100 on the market. It's an absolutely STUNNING figure and you can easily get lost in the realistic details. Stands stiff on two legs without base, and those glossy eyes just make it feel as though the figure is ALIVE. This figure is legitimately making me want to purchase the previous version just because this one is GORGEOUS. Well worth the $65 price tag. Can't wait to pick up more from them!

Oooh nice! That looks pretty awesome I'm glad the paint app on Wilson is still good. I think the Version 1 goes for around a 100 dollars or more. I'd try EBay since Amazon sold out on them but the shipping people are charging is outrageous

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Albertosaurus on March 23, 2019, 02:00:48 PM

Is that a new picture of a Giganotosaurus I see  :)) :))

avatar_acro-man @acro-man what are they saying about the Giganotosaurus!!! I must know!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: