News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhilSauria

That stegosaurus is smaller than I expected as well (or hoped), as I've seen an image of this design online last year and it was much bigger in the hand of the photographer. Maybe we'll get a larger version at a later date but in the mean time I'll be buying this one when it comes up for order at Mini Zoo, along with the other two in this new line.

Looking forward to future additions to this range - bring on the sauropods!

Shonisaurus

Quote from: PhilSauria on May 02, 2019, 10:59:58 PM
That stegosaurus is smaller than I expected as well (or hoped), as I've seen an image of this design online last year and it was much bigger in the hand of the photographer. Maybe we'll get a larger version at a later date but in the mean time I'll be buying this one when it comes up for order at Mini Zoo, along with the other two in this new line.

Looking forward to future additions to this range - bring on the sauropods!

Well as they are like the discontinued huanghetitan of PNSO will have to save a lot and buy shelves of colossal size.

Dino Scream3232

Ordered the Ankylosaurus this morning. I was pleasantly surprised by the low price point of 21.99 shipped. Gives me a break from spending $60+ per new release lol. Seems like PNSO is making up for lost time with these rapid fire releases. Judging from the pics the armor placement does look good. Seems to match up well with the 2017 paper on the armor. The stellar Safari Ankylosaurus seems to have the armor placement from the 2004 placement. Can't wait for this to come in and I'm all for a smaller more affordable line from PNSO.

suspsy

I'm liking this new price point!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Syndicate Bias

Guessing the Stego is next and then Nanju.

PNSO told me Lucas maybe mid May so definitely not thus week.

i dont think we will be seeing the Yangchuanosaurus for a few weeks

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Since Everything Dinosaur will now be getting the Amargasaurus and Spinosaurus I will now start to consider them. So long as the Amargasaurus is somewhat smaller than the 2018 Safari Ltd Amargasaurus, I will be replacing it with the PNSO.

I am looking forward to the Yangchuanosaurus and Chungkingosaurus figure set (I'd prefer the latter was swapped with Tuojiangosaurus), but since this is likely the only feasable way for me to get a representation of either genera, it's a must to me when ED gets it.
I will never ever get any Megalodon figure though.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on May 03, 2019, 12:44:53 AM
Since Everything Dinosaur will now be getting the Amargasaurus and Spinosaurus I will now start to consider them. So long as the Amargasaurus is somewhat smaller than the 2018 Safari Ltd Amargasaurus, I will be replacing it with the PNSO.

I am looking forward to the Yangchuanosaurus and Chungkingosaurus figure set (I'd prefer the latter was swapped with Tuojiangosaurus), but since this is likely the only feasable way for me to get a representation of either genera, it's a must to me when ED gets it.

Honestly the PNSO megalodon is the weakest figure of that terrible prehistoric shark that I have seen in the market, being its PNSO vinyl figure paradoxically the best in the market.

We need a yangchuanosaurus and chungkingosaurus on the part of PNSO with a decent size. The yangchuanosaurus of Safari is quite small and obsolete (although you must also bear in mind that it has been around for more than twenty years) for the same reason that the chungkingosaurus wants a solid PVC and that it accompanies its enormous PNSO counterpart but with a larger size small and that occupies less space.

Syndicate Bias

this is how i feel about their upcoming Yuty

Gwangi

Quote from: suspsy on May 03, 2019, 12:11:52 AM
I'm liking this new price point!

Yup, this new line is what I'm all about.

suspsy

I caved and ordered the Ankylosaurus. To be honest, this new size class is almost kind of scary in terms of its potential. This is really going to put PNSO in the exact same running as CollectA and Safari.

Gwangi

Quote from: suspsy on May 03, 2019, 03:41:26 AM
I caved and ordered the Ankylosaurus. To be honest, this new size class is almost kind of scary in terms of its potential. This is really going to put PNSO in the exact same running as CollectA and Safari.

Yup, I'll be ordering it too. I was thinking about how with this new line PNSO will make Papo basically obsolete. These models will look as good as or better than Papo, have a similar price point, and actually be accurate.

Ceratosaurus

Quote from: Gwangi on May 03, 2019, 04:04:36 AM
Quote from: suspsy on May 03, 2019, 03:41:26 AM

Yup, I'll be ordering it too. I was thinking about how with this new line PNSO will make Papo basically obsolete. These models will look as good as or better than Papo, have a similar price point, and actually be accurate.

I believe you could be speaking to fast. I love PNSO but we're looking at a big drop off in quality from the museum line to this new line. Papo's accuracy over the years has improved quite a bit. I'll wait and see how it goes but I don't see Papo being obsolete. Zhao Chuang is my favourite Paleoartist and sculpter but even I know you get what you pay for most of the time.
My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

tanystropheus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on May 03, 2019, 12:52:05 AM

Honestly the PNSO megalodon is the weakest figure of that terrible prehistoric shark that I have seen in the market, being its PNSO vinyl figure paradoxically the best in the market.

We need a yangchuanosaurus and chungkingosaurus on the part of PNSO with a decent size. The yangchuanosaurus of Safari is quite small and obsolete (although you must also bear in mind that it has been around for more than twenty years) for the same reason that the chungkingosaurus wants a solid PVC and that it accompanies its enormous PNSO counterpart but with a larger size small and that occupies less space.

I absolutely love the Megalodon, despite its over-texturing and bloody battle damage. It looks great on any counter or display case. There is a certain hollywood vibe about it.

However, having said this, the smaller PNSO Megalodon is clearly the superior model and overall better deal.

Jose S.M.

I don't see that big drop in quality in the Ankylosaurus, looks pretty great in pictures at least.

Ceratosaurus

Quote from: Jose S.M. on May 03, 2019, 06:10:37 AM
I don't see that big drop in quality in the Ankylosaurus, looks pretty great in pictures at least.

I'll admit the photos of the Ankylosaurus look decent. It's definitely smaller than I'd like. The Megalodon however is a pass. Especially since I've seen what they can do with their old version.
My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

ceratopsian

Neither do I.  I have put one on reserve with Everything Dinosaur.  I am happy (sort of!) to wait a few weeks until they have them, given that I will avoid customs fees that way.  The Megalodon doesn't interest me at all - not an area I collect, regardless of its merits or otherwise.

Takama

I do not see the drop in qulity in PNSO Smaller Products.

Now Papo on the other hand. Thats a Diffrent story with there older releases ::)

PhilSauria

I have never liked their Pteranodon, part of the animal's name means 'without teeth" for crying out loud - why don't Papo have a category for movie merchandise and be done with it?

So pleased that Safari has released one this year that actually represents the animal not the fictional character, just waiting for that one to become  available here then I'll be placing my order. Now I'd really like to see a Pterosaur from PNSO!, in the larger format that is.

suspsy

Quote from: ceratopsian on May 03, 2019, 06:57:29 AM

Neither do I.

Nor me. The sculpting easily rivals the Wild Safari version's, at least in the images we've seen.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: