News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceratopsian

Quote from: Dobber on May 12, 2019, 03:21:02 PM
What is the significance of Sophie?

Chris

The completeness of the fossil.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Dobber on May 12, 2019, 03:21:02 PM
What is the significance of Sophie?

Chris

I would also like why the new stegosaurus discovered by scientists is called Sophie (it seems related to the name of a woman)

The PNSO stegosaurus is totally fabulous. By the way, the color of their plates on the back remind me of Bullyland's stegosaurus, which also brings me good memories.

ceratopsian

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus. "Sophie" was named after the young daughter of the man who led the group of private individuals  who funded the purchase of the fossil for the Natural History Museum. Apparently the daughter was very keen on dinosaurs.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: ceratopsian on May 12, 2019, 05:17:10 PM
avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus. "Sophie" was named after the young daughter of the man who led the group of private individuals  who funded the purchase of the fossil for the Natural History Museum. Apparently the daughter was very keen on dinosaurs.

avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian Thanks for the info. Thanks to you now I know why it was nicknamed that stegosaurus "Sophie".

Dino Scream3232

While await for the new PNSO figures to get delivered did a review on their fantastic Chasmosaurus. Lots of nice detail on such a small figure. Wish more companies would show more love to this well described dinosaur. Looks like my channel will be dominated by PNSO the next couple weeks. Very exciting!! https://youtu.be/5wo4tMHYmvo

Shonisaurus

As always Dino Scream3232 I'm "hooked" to your video portal. I share the same opinion as you that the chasmosaurus is a very undervalued figure among the collectible and even toy dinosaurs and it is plausible on the part of PNSO that he has made for me the only chasmosaurus figure that I have decent so far. Magnificent revision comparing this figure with the triceratops of PNSO, styracosaurus of Safari, einiosaurus of Collecta and nasutoceratops of Safari.

Dino Scream3232

The Ankylosaurus is now not listed on Amazon all of a sudden. Mine is still in transit but noticed it wasn't on amazon anymore. Mysterious indeed.

Shonisaurus

D @Dino Scream3232 The same thing happens to me I asked for the ankylosaurus and the megalodon in Amazon and in the search engine they say that my package is being inspected by Chinese customs. This is all weird.

ceratopsian

PNSO disappeared from Amazon in the past.  This doesn't sound like good news!

Takama

I ordered The Ankylosaurus two weeks ago, and now im worried.

Jose S.M.

Some of their figures have disappeared from Amazon while they were out of stock and then came back. The mini Nemicolopterus was absent for some time as well as The first Megalodon just after they came back to Amazon. Maybe since it was a cheaper product there was higher demand than for the most expensive ones and the stock ran out quickly.

Dino Scream3232

I'm sure it just sold out is the most logical conclusion. I've had stuff held up in Chinese customs before. So I'm not too worried.

Shonisaurus

On aliexpress.com your products are even much cheaper, the giganotosaurus and the yanchuanosaurus vs chungkingosaurus pnso are even cheaper I pass the links,

giganotosaurus pnso aliexpress.com:

https://es.aliexpress.com/item/PNSO-Giganotosaurus-dinosaurio-modelos-en-la-colecci-n-del-museo-a-las-1-35/33012017675.html?albbt=Google_7_shopping&isdl=y&slnk= & albslr = 220904080 & src = google & acnt = 494-037-6276 & aff_platform = google & creates = es33012017675 & netw = u & plac = & albcp = 1633820309 & mtctp = & aff_short_key = UneMJZVf & gclid = Cj0KCQjwzunmBRDsARIsAGrt4mtmYwT-Y_yRftwOGDTEWYbsWPj4mU2H5Au3ynqTN8j6RZeluFiNkqgaApKpEALw_wcB & albag = 63890294393 & albch = shopping & albagn = 888888 & TRGT = 743612850914 & device = c & gclsrc = aw.ds

yanchuanosaurus vs chungkingosaurus pnso on Aliexpress.com link:

https://es.aliexpress.com/item/PNSO-ChungKingosaurus-Yangchuanosaurus-dinosaurio-modelos-en-la-colecci-n-del-museo-a-las-1-35/33012788330.html?albbt=Google_7_shopping&isdl= and & slnk = & albslr = 220904080 & src = google & acnt = 494-037-6276 & aff_platform = google & creates = es33012788330 & netw = u & plac = & albcp = 1633820309 & mtctp = & aff_short_key = UneMJZVf & gclid = Cj0KCQjwzunmBRDsARIsAGrt4msdj3srkSKUauX1MENJWEsYzlJrffeVEuOUWeKyAN9quy4seiUIlqIaAsPuEALw_wcB & albag = 63890294393 & albch = shopping & albagn = 888888 & TRGT = 743612850914 & device = c & gclsrc = aw.ds

The shipping is free as in Amazon and ten euros cheaper. It is advisable in the future to wait and buy the aliexpress before.

Syndicate Bias

usually it takes 5 days for my stuff to come from Amazon. Its been 3 or 4 now and Lucas is still in China as it seems. Odd, I guess this may have to do with the recent news regarding China

Nimravus

Quote from: Bokisaurus on May 10, 2019, 09:48:12 PM
WOW, my bank account is empty! ;D
It is crazy how PNSO has starting to release figures in the last four months! Amargasaurus, Mamenchisaurus, Mosasaurus, Ophtalmosaurus, Giganotosaurus, Yangchuanosaurus & Chungqinggosaurus, Ankylosaurus, my wallet cannot afford it! I need to choose between them! Unfortunately!  :'(
The Yangchuanosaurus is a must though

Shonisaurus

S @Syndicate Bias What news do you mean about China? Could it be the commercial war and that is why it is affecting the arrival of our orders?

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Shonisaurus on May 14, 2019, 08:51:59 PM
S @Syndicate Bias What news do you mean about China? Could it be the commercial war and that is why it is affecting the arrival of our orders?

I honestly don't know avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus  but my Giganotosaurus has been stuck in Item being readied to be dispatched since Sunday and the last update was also Sunday. I guess something went wrong

RobinGoodfellow

I have always envied those who received objects from China in a few days.
To get to my house, an item from China always took 4 or 5 weeks (shipping time, foreign Customs clearance, local  Customs, etc etc..).
Maybe things are changing worldwide,  I don't know..
Probably some people are experiencing the same and they're worried  only because not used to such things..
Who knows.  :-\

Personally I ordered all new figures from PNSO.
They were shipped on May 10.
I think I will see them in June... ::)
But it's usual.  O:-)

In the past, when PNSO disappeared, I didn't receive a model I ordered.
But I was refunded by Amazon without problems.
Amazon' Customers Care is really good.
So I'm not worried at all.
^-^

(for sure Amazon is more expensive than Aliexpress but it's also safer ; on Aliexpress I always pay by Paypal when available for the same reason: more expensive but safer.. )

KeU

There have been reports out by the Chinese owners, that the legs of Lucas is warping and him falling over.
Only after a few days.
This is not good news.

Ceratosaurus

Quote from: KeU on May 15, 2019, 01:58:13 PM
There have been reports out by the Chinese owners, that the legs of Lucas is warping and him falling over.
Only after a few days.
This is not good news.

I'm guessing that's why there's a 2nd peg added to the base in these photos.
My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: