News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Dino Scream3232 on May 25, 2019, 09:44:02 PM
Lucas is finally here. I'm more impressed with him than I initially thought. However major standing issues on the base right out of the box. Have reshape his legs to get him to stand properly.

did you push the leg deep into the peg? Mine doesnt have issues standing at all but can I ask you if yours is slightly slanted? i may have to reshape mine i think its slightly bent to the left

stargatedalek

Quote from: empire3569 on May 25, 2019, 10:54:54 PM
Quote from: stargatedalek on May 25, 2019, 10:48:49 PM
That rex design is definitely pretty monstrous, but it's monstrous in an overly dramatic sense rather than a trope-riddled bipedal crocodile sense so it would still represent a solid improvement over Wilson if you ask me.

If you don't mind me asking, what are the issues with Wilson? The only things I'm aware of are lack of lips and large scales. I thought from an anatomical standpoint, the model was pretty solid
Shrink wrapped, no feathers, and a general design that looks extremely "sell-able" all bother me greatly. The design in particular looks like every pseudo-accurate edgy Tyrannosaurus design I've seen in every video game lately, zombie colours and all.

Dino Scream3232

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on May 25, 2019, 11:22:39 PM
Quote from: Dino Scream3232 on May 25, 2019, 09:44:02 PM
Lucas is finally here. I'm more impressed with him than I initially thought. However major standing issues on the base right out of the box. Have reshape his legs to get him to stand properly.

did you push the leg deep into the peg? Mine doesnt have issues standing at all but can I ask you if yours is slightly slanted? i may have to reshape mine i think its slightly bent to the left
Yep I pushed the peg into till the foot was flush with base. While like that the right foot is too high above the rock which makes the model lean forward and makes the peg pop out of the foot. So heated up the peg foot and moved it about a quarter inch forward which seems to remedy the problem. The right foot and toes now fit over the rock. Time will tell if it holds.

terrorchicken

Quote from: stargatedalek on May 25, 2019, 11:25:24 PM
Quote from: empire3569 on May 25, 2019, 10:54:54 PM
Quote from: stargatedalek on May 25, 2019, 10:48:49 PM
That rex design is definitely pretty monstrous, but it's monstrous in an overly dramatic sense rather than a trope-riddled bipedal crocodile sense so it would still represent a solid improvement over Wilson if you ask me.

If you don't mind me asking, what are the issues with Wilson? The only things I'm aware of are lack of lips and large scales. I thought from an anatomical standpoint, the model was pretty solid
Shrink wrapped, no feathers, and a general design that looks extremely "sell-able" all bother me greatly. The design in particular looks like every pseudo-accurate edgy Tyrannosaurus design I've seen in every video game lately, zombie colours and all.

it also could really use a pedicure.  :o

Andanna

I don't have a problem with gloss in general - but it must be ,,justified" such as inside the mouth or animal coming out of the water. I am therefore struggling with the face that is half gloss and half matt. I do like the colors, though.

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: Andanna on May 26, 2019, 03:52:13 AM
I don't have a problem with gloss in general - but it must be ,,justified" such as inside the mouth or animal coming out of the water. I am therefore struggling with the face that is half gloss and half matt. I do like the colors, though.

Same here, I find the glossy patch on the face quite off-putting, I know its just a small detail but it's really noticeable in all the photos i've seen.

As for Wilson, I think the design of him is quite grotesque and unnatural, he actually looks more like a creature that would turn up in Jim Henson's The Dark Crystal than a real animal.

Shonisaurus

The problem I see in the Giganotosaurus Lucas of PNSO is that he has painting problems. I see that the body paint is somewhat neglected at least my giganotosaurus has that anomaly. Different thing is the great yangchuanosaurus and chungkingosaurus of PNSO and the same I can say of the ankylosaurus of PNSO his painting is correct and impeccable.

Dino Scream3232

After looking over Lucas I have to say he's a really good giganotosaurus. We now have a number of great mass market gigas to pick from now. EoFauna, Safari Ltd, and Vitae all have great gigas and I rank Lucas right up there with them. But I can see why some won't like this version. Definitely a different take on a giga. https://youtu.be/oQCQUqIXk-s

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Shonisaurus on May 26, 2019, 11:52:40 AM
The problem I see in the Giganotosaurus Lucas of PNSO is that he has painting problems. I see that the body paint is somewhat neglected at least my giganotosaurus has that anomaly. Different thing is the great yangchuanosaurus and chungkingosaurus of PNSO and the same I can say of the ankylosaurus of PNSO his painting is correct and impeccable.

Let me know if you ever wanna get rid of the PNSO Giga

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Dino Scream3232 on May 26, 2019, 06:53:37 PM
After looking over Lucas I have to say he's a really good giganotosaurus. We now have a number of great mass market gigas to pick from now. EoFauna, Safari Ltd, and Vitae all have great gigas and I rank Lucas right up there with them. But I can see why some won't like this version. Definitely a different take on a giga. https://youtu.be/oQCQUqIXk-s

Maybe i am just biased but I knew what I was getting from the get go when i saw the leaked pictures. I dont get the complaints now when we had the pictures to see Lucas for quite some years.

It's my #1 Mass Produced Giga with Eofauna at #2 and WS at #3, and Carneige at #4 and Vitae as #5.

At least imo. Other than that the best Gigas are the resin kits such as Shane Foulkes or Sean Cooper's or Cen Dao yi which is easily the best one of the three.

I know theres two Geene models Gigas but they aren't qnything special and I know there is another one from China that Acro Man has on a thread. There is also two more from Fonseca i believe but they're unique and one of a kind. His biggest Giga is 1/7th scale i believe which makes it the biggest Giga you can get if the currenr owner sells it.

I went off but nonetheless I think this is one of the more aesthetically pleasing Gigas.

I left out Shapeways and a handful of other models but for those of you out there who got the lontic Giga i found the best version of DK. avatar_mgaguilar @mgaguilar

forgot to add thank you D @Dino Scream3232 for the review. I have Lucas but I have a weird thing for still watching videos of my favourite models

I also agree with Carcha needing more love. Thankfully i have the high end resin kit from Mo Models which satisfies my needs for another Carcha. I asked PNSO about it but they didn't bother answering that. I guess a Carcha is out of the equation for now

DinoObsessed

is that the dorling kinderly sculpture of giganotosaurus ive always wanted one.

PhilSauria

I have long had a fascination for Giganotosaurus and I think that the Lontic version may have been the first model of it that I bought, only later seeing the DK book cover that inspired it. I have never seen the figure in your photos before. May bring the Lontic gig out of the big tub where it is in storage with my other Lontic figures and find a spot on display again.

The Vitae is out of my price range but I have the Safari and Eofauna at the front of my display and I am just trying to work out where the heck I'll fit the PNSO when it arrives! (currently on layby with Mini Zoo). I usually keep the mouths closed on my therapod figures if they have jaw articulation but the PNSO kinda looks better with its mouth open. I think when it is closed it emphasised just how long and narrow the head on this one is. Thanks for the images.

Dino Scream3232

It's my favorite giga now S @Syndicate Bias. And wow that Carcharodontosaurus looks fantastic. Has a very Gregory S. Paul look. And yeah I watch a ton of reviews on stuff I already have too lol. Especially on transformers.

KeU

Quote from: Dino Scream3232 on May 26, 2019, 06:53:37 PM
After looking over Lucas I have to say he's a really good giganotosaurus. We now have a number of great mass market gigas to pick from now. EoFauna, Safari Ltd, and Vitae all have great gigas and I rank Lucas right up there with them. But I can see why some won't like this version. Definitely a different take on a giga.
Great review.
Surprised you didn't throw in a comparison with Wilson as well.

Flaffy

Is the PNSO spinosaurus head prone to warping?
I've seen some samples having their head crest bent, and part of the teeth (usually the left side) bent outwards along with the jaw.

mgaguilar

Thanks for the tag S @Syndicate Bias! That is definitely a beautiful DK sculpt. A bit outdated now, but the insane nostalgia more than makes up for it. Crisp details.
And thanks for all the photos! Can't believe the Giga is at this price point for a figure of this calibre. Gorgeous, but hoping for a repaint. The current colors are pretty bad.

ALSO, ANOTHER REX FROM PNSO??? Is it a larger one to replace the older tripod that went out of production? Or perhaps lipped-Wilson in a different pose? Interesting.

KeU

Anyone else noticed these little feather details on Lucas?
Along his scapula and the back of his arms.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy In my case, the PNSO spinosaurus does not tend to deform its jaw. Fortunately it is a perfect figure. Of course, the articulated jaw is a weak jaw but I repeat that it does not tend to deform.

avatar_KeU @KeU As for the pretty PNSO giganotosaurus, I had not noticed that feature. That makes it different from other giganotosaurus of other brands of model collecting with more resistant material. Thanks for the photography! It seems incredible that having that figure two weeks ago I would not have noticed that detail.

Takama

Quote from: mgaguilar on May 27, 2019, 06:40:38 PM
Thanks for the tag S @Syndicate Bias! That is definitely a beautiful DK sculpt. A bit outdated now, but the insane nostalgia more than makes up for it. Crisp details.
And thanks for all the photos! Can't believe the Giga is at this price point for a figure of this calibre. Gorgeous, but hoping for a repaint. The current colors are pretty bad.

ALSO, ANOTHER REX FROM PNSO??? Is it a larger one to replace the older tripod that went out of production? Or perhaps lipped-Wilson in a different pose? Interesting.

I think its a part of there Secondary Dinosaur line, that features the Smaller Megalodon, Stegosaurus , and Ankylosaurus.

Ceratosaurus

Quote from: Takama on May 27, 2019, 11:11:22 PM
Quote from: mgaguilar on May 27, 2019, 06:40:38 PM

I think its a part of there Secondary Dinosaur line, that features the Smaller Megalodon, Stegosaurus , and Ankylosaurus.

Is there any news on this or is this just speculation?
My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: