News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino Scream3232

Finally got the new stegosaurus. I think it's a good figure but not great. Have a couple nitpicks with it. It is more detailed in hand than the images show. So as of right now I'm all caught up on the new stuff until the next big reveals. And knowing pnso that won't be long lol. https://youtu.be/6L2hQrkPDZ4

Dimitar_E

Quote from: Dino Scream3232 on June 04, 2019, 02:52:16 AM
Finally got the new stegosaurus. I think it's a good figure but not great. Have a couple nitpicks with it.

Great video and thank you for all the comparisons! Wrong number of backplates as well, imho. The neck seems quite awkward to me too, like turtle... Still I think nothing can come close to Safari Ltd 2018 in terms of accuracy.

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you as always for your beautiful video being honest I like the safari stegosaurus more than this version of PNSO, it is a stegosaurus obviously taking into account the new line of very small PNSO. As always the comparison of the stegosaurus with other figures of other brands is something great that is always appreciated in your videos.

Remko

I received the Stegosaurus "Bieber", Giganotosaurus "Lucas" and Yangchuanosaurus "Dayong" with Chungkingosaurus "Xiaobei" set yesterday. I have to say, not disappointed!

Although Bieber the Stegosaurus could have been a bit larger and in scale (1/35th) with the other figures. Then again, it's perfect size to convert it to a nice Alcovosaurus longispinus.

Now, apart from the Amargosaurus "Lucio" and Mosasaurus "Ron", my PNSO collection is basically complete. I'd like the Ceratosaurus "Nick" and Ophthalmosaurus "Brook", but these are just out too big, I prefer my figures all the same scale (around 1/35th).

I noticed the underbite on Lucas as well. Other than that, very nice figure. Compares pretty good to the Eofauna Giganotosaurus.

I'm looking forward to new releases. More Chinese dinosaurs would be nice. Deinocheirus, Therizinosaurus and Shunosaurus for example. Of course all in 1/35th scale. And we need a nice big Stegosaurus as well to go with the rest of the line.

But seeing how fast PNSO is releasing these figures, I think it's safe to say it's just a matter of weeks before the next couple are announced.

Remko

Finally got the new stegosaurus. I think it's a good figure but not great. Have a couple nitpicks with it. It is more detailed in hand than the images show. So as of right now I'm all caught up on the new stuff until the next big reveals. And knowing pnso that won't be long lol. https://youtu.be/6L2hQrkPDZ4

Good review, although I disagree with the Ankylosaurus belonging to the smaller toy line. At about 24 cm long (8,4 meters) it's right in the 1/35th scale range. Same as the other bigger figures.

suspsy

Has anyone else noticed how PNSO appears to share CollectA's apparent aversion to dromaeosaurs? I want to see them tackle Utahraptor, Austroraptor, and Deinonychus.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Remko

Quote from: suspsy on June 04, 2019, 02:04:30 PM
Has anyone else noticed how PNSO appears to share CollectA's apparent aversion to dromaeosaurs? I want to see them tackle Utahraptor, Austroraptor, and Deinonychus.

They might still come. I'm actually expecting a Velociraptor vs. Protoceratops scene myself.

Dobber

Yup, I really hope they decide to start making them.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Fenestra

The plates on the Stego look like rock band guitar picks.
There.
I said it.

Fembrogon

Quote from: Dobber on June 04, 2019, 04:00:38 PM

Yup, I really hope they decide to start making them.

Chris
It seems particularly ironic, considering how famous that group of dinosaurs is (if only for Velociraptor). One would think we'd get more representation from the companies.

Syndicate Bias

BoTM has them covered. I think PNSO should focus on what they have planned considering that they are providing both accuracy and quality

suspsy

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on June 05, 2019, 03:06:31 AM
BoTM has them covered.

Except that not everyone cares for their aesthetic or their price tag. Besides, why should BotM carry the load?

QuoteI think PNSO should focus on what they have planned considering that they are providing both accuracy and quality

And adding dromaeosaurs to the mix wouldn't drastically alter those plans.

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Gwangi

Safari too, to be honest. They have that excellent Velociraptor of course, and Microraptor, but we need more than that. And it's such a popular group of dinosaurs, I don't get it.

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: suspsy on June 05, 2019, 06:23:30 PM
Quote from: Syndicate Bias on June 05, 2019, 03:06:31 AM
BoTM has them covered.

Except that not everyone cares for their aesthetic or their price tag. Besides, why should BotM carry the load?

QuoteI think PNSO should focus on what they have planned considering that they are providing both accuracy and quality

And adding dromaeosaurs to the mix wouldn't drastically alter those plans.

Then again I'm not the one making the sculpts for PNSO or have any decision on what they do. I just had my opinion on the matter as does everyone else here.

And I'm not sure about why BoTM should carry that as I don't have a say as to which companies do what either but they do have a FB page or other ways to contact them if you want I can link them?

Anyways if I'm right we should be coming up on that Yutyrannus and Carnotaurus within the next couple of months

Ceratosaurus

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on June 05, 2019, 09:37:22 PM
Anyways if I'm right we should be coming up on that Yutyrannus and Carnotaurus within the next couple of months

There's actually quite a few sculpts from the exhibition last year that haven't been released. Many look to be super detailed and without articulated jaws. If I had to guess I'd say they'd be closer in size to their Ceratosaurus.
My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

Ceratosaurus

I'm most looking forward to Zhao doing a feathered dinosaur sculpt. Possibly a Yutyrannus or even another feathered dinosaur depicted in his paleoart.

My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

tanystropheus

Looks pretty good, a bit more like Vitae than PNSO. My only issue is the tail curvature is really...strange.

DragonRider02

Any information if these are going to be realesed or not? They're only large PNSO figures I am interested in for now.

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: DragonRider02 on June 06, 2019, 08:21:17 AM
Any information if these are going to be realesed or not? They're only large PNSO figures I am interested in for now.

nothing yet but as I suspect we should be getting those as well very soon buddy

Shonisaurus

A sinosauropteryx and a PNSO microraptor would have a safe buyer in my case especially the sinosauropteryx is a rare dinosaur on the market that I would like it to be of a larger size. I hope you will be commercialized soon and please PNSO! I hope you commercialize the PVC tsintaosaurus is one of my favorite herbivorous dinosaurs and sincerely I would like that tsintaosaurus in resting position that has shown in his day PNSO.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: