News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinoguy2

Quote from: tanystropheus on July 04, 2019, 03:21:27 AM
Quote from: Dinoguy2 on July 03, 2019, 10:45:42 PM
Quote from: Remko on July 03, 2019, 10:29:18 PM
Quote from: Dinoguy2 on June 28, 2019, 11:28:50 PM
I'm actually holding back on buying the Ankylosaurus because it's not 1:35 but every time I look at it I come close to caving 😉

What do you mean that the Ankylosaurus isn't 1:35th scale? Because it most definitely is.  ???

I guess I'd have to measure the skull to be sure, but based on the blog entry for it it seems more like 1:30. It's larger than the Carnegie Ankylosaurs which itself is pushing it for being 1:35. I suspect people are using length estimates without any regard for the proportions in sometimes very differently proportioned reconstructions. Scaled to the largest known skull, a modern "shorter tail" ankylosaurs would be about 6-7m long. If the PNSO one is 9" long, that would be too big.

It could be a particularly well-nourished alpha Ankylosaurus!

Haha! Maybe if I eat all my vegetables I'll grow to 12 ft tall with a head 2m in circumference 😉

I just like to nitpick because I display a scale sized human with my dinos. The fact that the Carnegie Ankylosaurs' head is more than half her height bugs me because I know there's no Ankylosaurs fossil anywhere near that big, and therefore the whole scale is out of whack.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: tanystropheus on July 04, 2019, 03:23:22 AM
Btw, is there a list of all the 1:35 or 1:40 PNSO minis?

As a 1:40 scale fanboy, I would appreciate this list myself.

Takama

I got reports that the Links did not work for those images i posted previously

This should work

Those who wanted the Post Card Minis to get a individual release will get there wish.

Dino Scream3232

avatar_Takama @Takama do you have the link go get website these are listed on? Would like to take a closer look at them.

Takama

Quote from: Dino Scream3232 on July 04, 2019, 04:21:06 PM
avatar_Takama @Takama do you have the link go get website these are listed on? Would like to take a closer look at them.

Straight from here

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6183240745

Jose S.M.

I'm not a fan of minis of big animals but this gives me hope for an affordable larger Tsintaosaurus in the future.

Ravonium

Quote from: Jose S.M. on July 04, 2019, 04:58:05 PM
I'm not a fan of minis of big animals but this gives me hope for an affordable larger Tsintaosaurus in the future.

This, but in regards to the Gigantoraptor.

PumperKrickel

deleted

Ravonium

Quote from: PumperKrickel on July 04, 2019, 06:13:01 PM
Edit: Also, I would love to make a list providing the scale of each PNSO mini, but I don´t have any. Should I just start a thread where we collectively collect the data?

I've calculated the scales of most of the minis for dinotoycollector.com, so feel free to look on there* or PM me for the list.

*NOTE: Some of the scales displayed on the main PNSO page are rounded to a specific number, so you'll have to click on the products individually to get the proper scales.

Dinoguy2

Quote from: Ravonium on July 04, 2019, 06:26:17 PM
Quote from: PumperKrickel on July 04, 2019, 06:13:01 PM
Edit: Also, I would love to make a list providing the scale of each PNSO mini, but I don´t have any. Should I just start a thread where we collectively collect the data?

I've calculated the scales of most of the minis for dinotoycollector.com, so feel free to look on there* or PM me for the list.

*NOTE: Some of the scales displayed on the main PNSO page are rounded to a specific number, so you'll have to click on the products individually to get the proper scales.

I notice you have the scale of the PNSO Stegosaurus listed as 1:50. Is that based on the length of Stegosaurus ungulatus (9m) or Stegosaurus stenops (7m)? I measure the steg at 20cm long which puts it at 1:35 for S. stenops (ungulatus would have smaller/pointier tail plates and longer hind limbs).
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

PumperKrickel

[deleted

Ravonium

Quote from: Dinoguy2 on July 04, 2019, 06:41:05 PM
I notice you have the scale of the PNSO Stegosaurus listed as 1:50. Is that based on the length of Stegosaurus ungulatus (9m) or Stegosaurus stenops (7m)? I measure the steg at 20cm long which puts it at 1:35 for S. stenops (ungulatus would have smaller/pointier tail plates and longer hind limbs).

I didn't calculate the scales for the large figures, so I have no idea.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

It seems everyone is picking their Spinops, Eurhinosaurus et al and looking forward to what's next and I'm just sat here patiently and yet excitedly for the Amargasaurus and Yangchuanosaurus/Chungkingosaurus to make it. Hopefully it'll give me plenty of time to clear out some old stuff
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Remko

My Spinops and Eurhinosaurus came in today. Figures are very nice, although I still fink the shape of the Eurhinosaurus seems weird.

Also, both the beak of the Eurhinosaurus abd the horns of the Spinops are made of soft material, that makes them prone to warping.

But still, nice additions to my collection.

As for the scale, the Spinops is about 22,5 cm along the spine. For a 7 meter animal, it suggests a scale between 1:30th and 1:35th. With the latter for a large individual.

The Eurhinosaurus is about 20 cm long. So 7 meters in 1:35th scale. Well within the size range for this species.

For the time being, only the Amargasaurus and the Mosasaurus are on my wishlist. The Opthalmosaurus and Ceratosaurus are beautiful, but too large for my collection.

Now, if PNSO released a Shonisaurus or Shastasaurus the size of Brooke...  8) 8)

Ravonium

Received the Eurhinosaurus yesterday. In spite of it not quite looking like the promo image, it's still one of the best 'large' figures they've made yet.

Shonisaurus

On Thursday I got the dakosaurus and I can affirm that it is a beautifully executed figure although it is smaller than I thought (considering the curvature of the tail).

ceratopsian

My Spinops arrived yesterday.  The box's sides looked a little squashed but the model was quite safe inside.  I was also surprised how small the box looked - I guess I'm so used to their massive Museum Line boxes!  Anyway, I'm in love with it.  It's nicely painted, well detailed - love the folds of skin over its belly as it steps forward - really sturdy and well fed.  It looks as if it is a living, breathing beast, frozen in motion.  It's really well balanced too and despite one foot being "on tiptoe", it wouldn't be easy to knock over.  I like the way the sheet explains (on a level accessible to children) the slightly unusual story of how Spinops was named and identified.  I'm also impressed that PNSO takes the trouble to ensure that the English on their information sheet is flawless.   It's a very long way from the average dinosaur toy with a basic rather caricature paint scheme and pose.

Halichoeres

Based on the known elements, the Spinops figure is more like 1:20.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Remko

Quote from: Halichoeres on July 07, 2019, 04:19:31 PM
Based on the known elements, the Spinops figure is more like 1:20.

After doing some more measurements, I agree with you.

KeU

Wellllll.... Lucas finally toppled over after 3 months for me.
Not exactly toppled over, but started leaning to his right heavily.
There were several warm days in Iowa last week.
I took him off and rested him on his side to allow the feet to 'reset'.
Now he is good to go again.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: