News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: KeU on July 09, 2019, 02:30:07 PM
Wellllll.... Lucas finally toppled over after 3 months for me.
Not exactly toppled over, but started leaning to his right heavily.
There were several warm days in Iowa last week.
I took him off and rested him on his side to allow the feet to 'reset'.
Now he is good to go again.

Mine started leaning on the third day i had him. I keep him laid down 99% of the tims these days I only pick him up and out him on his base if I am gonna admire him.

Remko

Quote from: KeU on July 09, 2019, 02:30:07 PM
Wellllll.... Lucas finally toppled over after 3 months for me.
Not exactly toppled over, but started leaning to his right heavily.
There were several warm days in Iowa last week.
I took him off and rested him on his side to allow the feet to 'reset'.
Now he is good to go again.

I've done the exact same thing. Just had him of the base for a couple of days and put him back on. Like nothing happened.
But like you, we've also had a few very warm days around here.

Remko

Quote from: Shonisaurus on July 07, 2019, 11:52:19 AM
On Thursday I got the dakosaurus and I can affirm that it is a beautifully executed figure although it is smaller than I thought (considering the curvature of the tail).

Counting the curvature of the tail, what's the length of this figure across the spine? Is it in the 1:35th scale range, or something else?

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Remko on July 11, 2019, 09:30:38 AM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on July 07, 2019, 11:52:19 AM
On Thursday I got the dakosaurus and I can affirm that it is a beautifully executed figure although it is smaller than I thought (considering the curvature of the tail).

Counting the curvature of the tail, what's the length of this figure across the spine? Is it in the 1:35th scale range, or something else?

I do not know how to specify but I think it will be at a scale of 1:30. Despite its small size, I think the dakosaurus is made to a larger scale than to be 1:35 scale.

Bokisaurus

Interesting to hear others having problem with this figure.
I never had any problems with mine even when we had the record heat in Seattle last June. My CollectA rex also never had any issues, while my feathered Safari started to slip forward.
I wonder if there is a slight difference or inconsistency  in the material used.

KeU

Quote from: Bokisaurus on July 11, 2019, 05:10:26 PM
Interesting to hear others having problem with this figure.
I never had any problems with mine even when we had the record heat in Seattle last June. My CollectA rex also never had any issues, while my feathered Safari started to slip forward.
I wonder if there is a slight difference or inconsistency  in the material used.
I have mine displayed on the 2nd level, where it is generally hotter compared to the lower levels of the house.
And I had my AC off that day as well. So it was probably 80-83 at home.

Mononykus

The new set of 6 minis is now listed at Amazon, but only as a set for $40.
But this bit from the description may suggest they will also be available individually (Dakosaurus is #18 and the other medium-sized figures also have numbers)?

Quote19 Luxi the Huayangosaurus; 20 Er-ma the Mamenchisaurus; 21 Dayong the Yangchuanosaurus; 22 Gaoyuan the Microraptor; 23 Shanshan the Gigantoraptor; 24 Cuiyu the Tsintaosaurus

Here is the link to the set: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07V43FMJF/

Edited to add: the new minis have their own individual boxes rather than the clear clamshells and are listed with the larger figures rather than the other minis, so I guess aren't considered part of the mini line.
Also, I checked Ali Express and couldn't find them there yet (but their search function sucks)

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Can anyone confirm whether the Spinosaurus and Amargasaurus were released about the same time, and that the Yangchuanosaurus/Chungkingosaurus and Ankylosaurus and Stegosaurus together and not long after?
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Ravonium

Quote from: Mononykus on July 11, 2019, 06:51:29 PM
the new minis have their own individual boxes rather than the clear clamshells and are listed with the larger figures rather than the other minis, so I guess aren't considered part of the mini line.

I should add here that they're around double the size of the minis (which, admittedly, surprised me when I first looked at them; I had suspected they were going to be comparatively large, but I didn't know they were as much as double the size of the minis).

I would have bought the Microraptor, but unfortunately I also have to buy the rest of the set in order to get it.

Shonisaurus

I think these minis are the same ones I bought in their day if I remember correctly (I have a very bad memory) to Acroman and that they were from a box with stamps from China of PNSO that was dedicated to the dinosaurs of China which included a microraptor and the Sinosauropteryx I passed the link of a box that sold these figures. I understand that those six that show are the same figures of that series of dinosaurs limited with box I passed the link of eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PNSO-China-Post-7-Dinosaurs-Models-W-Limited-Stamps-Unique-Species-Free-Shipping-/253401306900

They came with a luxurious book with stamps and illustrated with paintings by the great paleo artist Zhao Chuang.

Halichoeres

Yes, the China Post series is now completely re-released now (the Sinosauropteryx was small enough to include in the ordinary miniatures set, with slightly modified paint). You just don't get the big fancy box and the art book with stamps. For what it's worth, other sellers on Amazon and AliExpress are selling the figures individually, at somewhat inflated prices, just not PNSO's official Amazon storefront.

Still hoping for the large Tsintaosaurus and Gigantoraptor to be released.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Probably not going to be interest to most of you, but if anyone else was waiting for Everything Dinosaur to get the PNSO figures in, they now have Dayong the Yangchuanosaurus and Xiaobei the Chungkingosaurus set, Essien the Spinosaurus, Lucas the Giganotosaurus, Lucio the Amargasaurus, Ron the Mosasaurus, Sede the Ankylosaurus, the gift box of 48 minis and, Patton the Megalodon (small one).
I have ordered the Dayong/Xiaboei set and Lucio for now. May pick up others later.
The rest of the figures that are currently available on Amazon will be arriving in a later shipment.

PS how big are the Gigantoraptor, Tsintaosaurus and Huayangosaurus?
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

triceratops83

Found these on Ebay.

In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

suspsy

Hopefully those will hit Amazon soon.

Is anyone else dying to know when and what the next mid-size class reveal will be? Either a pterosaur or a theropod or an ornithopod would be nice, but the latter especially so.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Syndicate Bias

I'm still holding out for a Yutyrannus since that's the next known theropod that PNSO has made aside from Carnotaurus

suspsy

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on July 17, 2019, 05:37:43 PM
I'm still holding out for a Yutyrannus since that's the next known theropod that PNSO has made aside from Carnotaurus

Yutyrannus (or any other member of the tyrannosauroid family) would be sweet, but I've always been skeptical of the notion that it's imminent.

I also wonder just how many of these mid-size toys we're getting this year.

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Shonisaurus

I want a medium sized tsintaosaurus and gigantoraptor. They are of the two very rare and exotic dinosaurs and deserve a better paleoartistic representation.

On the other hand a microraptor equal to or higher than that of Safari would be desirable. Zhao Chuang is a great paleo artist and I am certain that he will not disappoint us at all and that he will make figures of collecting. I hope the PNSO said a tsintaosaurus and gigantoraptor of PNSO.

Killekor

I'm really happy to see the new PNSO's released! I'll absolutely get that epic Gigantoraptor! Now I'm waiting for the Sinosauropteryx.

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Nimravus

Has anyone ordered these dinosaurs from Amazon PNSO?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07V43FMJF/ref=twister_B07MH76Q73?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
It looks like the ones from China Post but without the Sinosauropteryx, am I wrong? What scale are they?
Thanks

Ravonium

Quote from: Nimravus on July 29, 2019, 09:47:03 PM
Has anyone ordered these dinosaurs from Amazon PNSO?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07V43FMJF/ref=twister_B07MH76Q73?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
It looks like the ones from China Post but without the Sinosauropteryx, am I wrong? What scale are they?
Thanks

Yep, they are the China Post figures (w/out the Sinosauropteryx).

Based on the lengths given in the Amazon pictures, these are the approximate scales for them (since it always seems to happen, if anyone more knowledgable than me can explain why a particular length estimate is better than another, please do):

Huayangosaurus: 1:41
Yangchuanosaurus: 1:68-1:92
Gigantoraptor: 1:78
Microraptor: 1:6-1:10
Tsintaosaurus: 1:78

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: