News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

That Spinops paint scheme has definitely improved quite a bit. Would love to see someone have both the previous paint scheme and current scheme figures be compared in photos.

Shonisaurus

The painting of spinops has greatly improved and in general and absolute terms in all the PNSO figures, perhaps this great brand of toy dinosaurs has been inspired by the repaints that exist in our forum and have decided to make figures of extinct animals repainted from the cool way they show us today.

Skorpio V.

Quote from: Dromaenychus on November 14, 2020, 02:34:02 PM
I just got the Spinops from Amazon US, and it seems they have modified the paintjob a bit. The wash on the face is gone. The frill is not as brightly colored and the dark stripes along the edge have been reduced to very short points. The stripes down the back are brown instead of dark green. The stripes also have a more irregular looke to them, more natural looking. Overall the bright yellow-orange color has been reduced to a few areas, with most of the contrast coming fom a light cream color. They also painted claws on the outer two digits on the front feet (hands I guess)

Could someone compare the new one with the older one? Seems like it'd make a nice Spinops couple! ;D
On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

Dromaenychus

I put together a couple of comparisons. On top are pictures of the old one I found on Google. Bottom ones are the new one. The lighting is different, but it gives you an idea.

I think the frill on the old one is better painted, but I like the back stripes on the new one better.

Shonisaurus

It is an absolute improvement over the previous one, when it comes to the touches of paint. The paint in this case is less conservative but much better done over its 2019 spinops predecessor. I'm tempted to buy it, it leaves the paint on the first version of this PNSO dinosaur in a secondary quality state.

Halichoeres

Mentioned in another thread, but since it's of more general interest, rumor has it that there'll be a new PNSO figure revealed roughly every week until February. That's--a lot of dinosaurs.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Andreioli

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 26, 2020, 06:28:41 PM
Mentioned in another thread, but since it's of more general interest, rumor has it that there'll be a new PNSO figure revealed roughly every week until February. That's--a lot of dinosaurs.

Bread

Wow, that sure is some news. Whether it is true or not, PNSO is definitely at the top currently (in my opinion). I don't think my wallet is ready though.

Over9K

Aren't we waiting for a Parasaurolophus, as well as the Tyrannosaurid from the sneak peek preview?

suspsy

Seeing will be believing. Be great if it turns out to be true!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Bread

Saw on an instagram post that apparently 7 figures are left to be released for this year. As well as large vinyls will be returning for next year. The instagram post included an image provided by Dan's Dinosaurs a teaser of the parasaurolophus and an image of a Tyrannosaur (appears to me to be a Tyrannosaurus). The instagram account username is: houseofthedinosaur. Not sure if this is correct information. This was just an instagram post.
Edit: It is two different post, but same IG account.

Creature

I'm gonna be needing that parasaurolophus.
Instagram: where I play with dinosaurs, horses, and action figures.

Bread

Sorry I did not post these with the original post I made about these images. So here they are:

Two things I noticed about this Tyrannosaur. The head seems somewhat small so that leads me to think it is not a Tyrannosaurus, but we'll see. Also, I noticed the tail is pointed downwards, making it a tripod possibly. This is kind of disappointing, but who knows, maybe this figure could be outstanding, making the tail not really an issue. Really interested in the Parasaurolophus though!
The vinyls are not really in my size range, but they do seem interesting. Probably cost a pretty penny.

Faelrin

Thanks for sharing those pics. Is that a Torosaurus too? Another genus long overdo for a model. The Parasaurolophus sculpt looks great too. I really want to see how it will be painted up. The Corythosaurus and Lambeosaurus already look so good.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Sarapaurolophus

Who started that rumor? It would be nice to see their 2021 range before I splurge on all these for 2020.

Shonisaurus

Honestly, the vinyl figures of the dinosaurs are very interesting, including the parasaurolophus, torosaurus? and tyrannosaurus but they are not in my range of preferences when it comes to collecting. They are very beautiful but due to their large size I do not encourage myself to buy them. If the material and the size were different, maybe my opinion would change.

The thing is, in my case I am not going to waste money buying a new dinosaur every week. It costs me a lot to earn and save this money so that I spend it lavishly on dinosaurs or other prehistoric animals.

Sarapaurolophus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 27, 2020, 12:40:46 PM
The thing is, in my case I am not going to waste money buying a new dinosaur every week. It costs me a lot to earn and save this money so that I spend it lavishly on dinosaurs or other prehistoric animals.

To be fair, PNSO's erratic schedule this year could have been due to the pandemic and unrest. I certainly hope next year they won't be dropping all models at once. Sometimes they just sell out so quickly and it generates a fear in me not being able to get what I want before it's too late. So I'll probably set money aside for the Parasaurolophus just in case it's gonna drop quickly and everybody pre-orders before I can get my foot in the door.

It's number one in my priority list for hopefully obvious reasons ;D My most favorite herbivore.

Bread

I am disappointed in the fact that the Parasaurolophus may just be a vinyl and not be in their main/medium size range figures. If you look at the photo that appears to be on Dan's website, the Parasaurolophus is the same sculpt as the vinyl, which leads me to think that this figure will only be a vinyl :-\
Hopefully this Tyrannosaur won't be a vinyl, something I am not interested in due to size and price.

suspsy

Yeah, I'm really hoping the tyrannosaur is in the same range as the toys that have been revealed lately.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Blade-of-the-Moon

Since I don't buy these smaller figures, it's nice to have at least one or two larger vinyl pieces.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: