News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinoguy2

Quote from: Baryonyx on December 21, 2020, 03:33:36 PM
D @Dinoguy2 this is the cheapest listing at the moment I believe, from Model Toy Center!
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mP4tVdF

Yikes! That's the first time I've seen Ali more expensive than Amazon, though I guess it's a wash with shipping. Might risk worse paint apps and see if the price goes down by this Spring.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Carnoking

Not sure where you're located, but Dan's Dinosaurs also has it for cheaper!

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: Dinoguy2 on December 21, 2020, 03:36:34 PM
D @Dinoguy2 this is the cheapest listing at the moment I believe, from Model Toy Center!

Yikes! That's the first time I've seen Ali more expensive than Amazon, though I guess it's a wash with shipping. Might risk worse paint apps and see if the price goes down by this Spring.

Hm? When i look at AliExpress it goes for 54 Euros with the cheap shipping of 1,50 Euros. To Germany.

Amazon and Dans are more expensive, even without shipping. At least, when i am looking.

Bread

This model is a bit pricey this time around compared to other 2020 releases. Now, my only worry is the shipping process or "transit hell" as others have called it.

suspsy

Both Amazon and DD are too expensive for me, sadly. Conversion rate and shipping are a bad combo. Fingers crossed that I can get a better deal from Everything Dinosaur or perhaps even Minizoo.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Syndicate Bias

Kinda wish BigBadToyStore had it or even HappyHenToys.

Lower shipping at least.

These PNSO figures have gotten pricier than they used to be. Although I don't care for the T Rex as much as any Carcharodontosaurid I have been waiting for one that fit the chunky and more accurate look this one has.

JohannesB

Not perfect (as it never could be), but nonetheless my favorite (relatively cheap, as compared to statues) toy model T. rex of the year, I think. The final product will for sure not be as pristine in its paint job, but I can fix that myself, I guess, if I feel like it. As far as no lips, well, yeah, I don't know. I can only hazard a guess (more like an opinion, as I am not a palaeontologist) that lips would have been present. I have seen some photo's online of the final product in hand, but those are rather bad quality photo's, so not a good comparison. I bought this thing on impulse. I love the nice proportions, the head and the bulky, round shapes. I just love the vibe I get from it. It's like listening to classical music: some recordings of certain works just speak to you more than others - it's a conglomerate of many things that speak to you on different levels, emotionally, esthetically, logically etc. Indeed, the vibe you get from it that appeals to you personally. I think I won't regret buying this thing.

stargatedalek

Quote from: suspsy on December 22, 2020, 02:22:01 AM
Both Amazon and DD are too expensive for me, sadly. Conversion rate and shipping are a bad combo. Fingers crossed that I can get a better deal from Everything Dinosaur or perhaps even Minizoo.
Minizoo has been my PNSO go-to for a long while now. Not sure how shipping to Canada from Australia manages to be cheaper than from the USA, but hey, they're the ones loosing out on USPS customers by overcharging us...

Dinoguy2

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on December 22, 2020, 12:55:34 AM

Hm? When i look at AliExpress it goes for 54 Euros with the cheap shipping of 1,50 Euros. To Germany.

Amazon and Dans are more expensive, even without shipping. At least, when i am looking.

Dan's is almost as much as Ali after shipping for me. I'm in the US and the model is not that big, so I'm not sure why Dan's is trying to charge me $17 for shipping alone 😳
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Martwad

Quote from: Dinoguy2 on December 22, 2020, 03:54:55 PM
Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on December 22, 2020, 12:55:34 AM

Dan's is almost as much as Ali after shipping for me. I'm in the US and the model is not that big, so I'm not sure why Dan's is trying to charge me $17 for shipping alone 😳

D @Dinoguy2 , much of the items on Dan's is drop-shipped from the supplier, so you are paying international shippin.  They don't have a lot of the items "in stock."

Bread

Some of the other PNSO figures off of Dan's site are about $8 shipping, the last time I checked. Amazon is about $9 I believe, correct me if I am wrong with any of these prices. Both stores shipping from the original seller (PNSO).

Kind of strange how this model is varying so much on price and shipping cost and it is not even much larger than most of the 2020 releases.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Surely its cost will be more in line with the other museum pieces like the Mamenchisaurus, Amargasaurus, Mosasaurus, Giganotosaurus etc. Rather than the other figures. The box is thicker too, thatbwould increase shipping costs surely?
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Shonisaurus

Could Aliexpress stores, at least, sell that figure without the box so the costs of the figure would decrease ostensibly or they could make a PNSO tyrannosaurus figure in a cheaper version as has happened with the Vitae jinyunpelta without a box and with a job much lower than paint. It would be interesting if PNSO did the same, especially in the Museum line dinosaur figures.

Bread

Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 22, 2020, 09:16:01 PM
Could Aliexpress stores, at least, sell that figure without the box so the costs of the figure would decrease ostensibly or they could make a PNSO tyrannosaurus figure in a cheaper version as has happened with the Vitae jinyunpelta without a box and with a job much lower than paint. It would be interesting if PNSO did the same, especially in the Museum line dinosaur figures.

Aliexpress does offer it without the box, sellers such as Model Toy Center have it available without the box and with the box. Without box being about $71 and with box being about $75, this is not including shipping, price still seems high sadly... Don't know why this figure is at such a high price, maybe due to popularity of the animal?

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on December 22, 2020, 09:04:33 PM
Surely its cost will be more in line with the other museum pieces like the Mamenchisaurus, Amargasaurus, Mosasaurus, Giganotosaurus etc. Rather than the other figures. The box is thicker too, thatbwould increase shipping costs surely?

Problably, but this figure does not include a base, which still leaves me and others uncertain of why the price is so high. However, I am starting to think it is due to popularity of the animal.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I do think you are right that the popularity of the animal likely contributed to its cost too, maybe they even paid a consultant too?
Speaking of the popularity of Tyrannosaurus, I notice some of you think it is a strange business decision of PNSO to announce the Tyrannosaurus at this point with still several more to be announced, however I think it's because, if you live in China, or manage to get fast enough shipping, the Tyrannosaurus will be the last figure released in time for Christmas, and its possible they are hoping for some quick sales now for people in China buying it for Christmas as the centrepiece gift.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Bread

Smart move by PNSO if you are right. Hopefully PNSO gains a ton of profit in order to produce a variety of prehistoric organisms. Would love to see something other than dinosaurs and prehistoric marine life.

Sim

I'm still waiting for PNSO to make some theropods that aren't Spinosaurus, Tyrannosaurus or allosauroids that almost everyone seems to want to make.  And I'm not keen on more tyrannosauroids either.  I'm hoping for species such as Carnotaurus, Suchomimus, Austroraptor...

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Sim on December 23, 2020, 06:01:22 PM
I'm still waiting for PNSO to make some theropods that aren't Spinosaurus, Tyrannosaurus or allosauroids that almost everyone seems to want to make.  And I'm not keen on more tyrannosauroids either.  I'm hoping for species such as Carnotaurus, Suchomimus, Austroraptor...
A good sized rajasaurus or indosuchus is what I want

Sim

Right after I made my previous post I find out PNSO is making a Qianzhousaurus.  Boring!  I'm still waiting for theropod species I find more interesting and which I don't already have (I have the Safari Qianzhousaurus.)

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Sim on December 23, 2020, 07:04:51 PM
Right after I made my previous post I find out PNSO is making a Qianzhousaurus.  Boring!  I'm still waiting for theropod species I find more interesting and which I don't already have (I have the Safari Qianzhousaurus.)
It's a great figure, but is probably overpriced. And there are plenty of cooler theropods out there, like you said

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: