News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidB

'Winter' Wilson has a good backdrop with those snow-capped mountains.

sauroid

very crisp shots of Winter Wilson.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Over9K

Quote from: SidB on February 27, 2021, 02:45:09 PM
'Winter' Wilson has a good backdrop with those snow-capped mountains.

Quote from: sauroid on March 02, 2021, 05:01:22 PM
very crisp shots of Winter Wilson.

Thank you both!

Over9K

Fembrogon

My Spino 2020 arrived on Friday and I am IN LOVE:

While a slightly larger size or slightly smaller price tag would have been great, I am 100% pleased with this model. It is absolutely gorgeous.

Some comparison shots with another recent release:

The virgin Safari 2021 vs the chad PNSO 2020?  :P

Faelrin

Congrats on getting your hands on it.

Now I think I may have seen the two of these together before, but wow is that new Safari Spinosaurus even smaller then expected.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

SidB

It's a gem, and being based on the smaller fossil material is then roughly 1/35 scale, I understand. That being the case, I'm now reconciled to its size. On the other hand, I simply don't see the new Safari spino as an adequate substitute for the the previous sculpt by Watson, because of the size, and the lesser production values by way of comparison. Safari needs a new 1/35 Doug Watson figure, though I don't see that happening anytime soon. In the meantime, the PNSO is a real gift to collectors.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon My congratulations on your two new acquisitions. I honestly like the PNSO spinosaurus much more than its Safari counterpart. It is a much more realistic dinosaur and is much better painted from an artistic point of view.

Fembrogon

Yeah, I suppose that's the difference between a $15 model and a $35 model.  :))
I do like the Safari figure, but it's clearly outclassed in every way.

sauroid

i was able to finally complete this set (well except for the Sinosauropteryx)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Shonisaurus

avatar_sauroid @sauroid My congratulations for all your new additions to PNSO, in my case I bought them all together in the box model with stamps included and a book. I think it was comparatively cheaper than the figures each bought individually.

sauroid

yeah Shoni but i missed the chance to buy the Seven Little Dinosaurs box set when it came out the first time around.

Irritation

I would honestly love PNSO to make an Iguanodont. Their Hadrosaurids look so phenomenal and Ornithopods (in general) are often undermade in the popular toy brands.

Bread

I noticed that the Spinops has been removed from their amazon shop. Is anyone aware if PNSO basically discontinue an item if it is no longer available on their amazon store?

Dinoguy2

Quote from: Bread on March 18, 2021, 02:49:32 AM
I noticed that the Spinops has been removed from their amazon shop. Is anyone aware if PNSO basically discontinue an item if it is no longer available on their amazon store?

I've been wondering this too. Without yearly catalogs it's very hard to tell if some older models are still in production or not. None of the 2015 era figures are still listed on their web site but they seem to be readily available from AliExpress...
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SRF on February 05, 2021, 12:49:43 PM
Well that was a nice surprise, today my two PNSO models that I ordered at My Online Toy Store came in! It took them 16 days to get here, so that's still quite fast. The packages were well packed. I ordered both the Ankylosaurus and the Qianzhousaurus with their boxes. The few Euros that would save me aren't worth the risk I feel.

Now on to the models, because I have some issues with them actually.

First the Ankylosaurus. Since I have the Safari Ltd Ankylosaurus I didn't feel I needed the PNSO Ankylosaurus. But since I like to display my Tyrannosaurs with animals from their own time and environment, I decided to get what I already felt is the best Ankylosaurus available to display together with my Winter Wilson. I still feel it is the best Ankylosaurus, but oh man the coloration on my Ankylosaurus is a bit of a let down. I know PNSO's end product doesn't always match the promotional images, but the colors are a lot more dull than I see on other in hand pictures and review videos on YouTube. I haven't been able to take and upload some pictures yet, but my Ankylosaurus seems to be a lot more greyish and dusty than on the images in the review on this website for instance. It's like the paintwork is unfinished, as if they forgot to put the lighter yellowish colors which are present on the underside of the model on the upperside. It makes the model a lot less lively.

I know this model was released back in 2019, so I wonder if this is just a quality control issue or that the quality of the paintwork tends to go downhill after the initial release?

Then over to the Qianzhousaurus. This model is very well done and I'm very happy to finally have it. Only nitpick I have here: the model came without the plastic stand. For now it stands very well, but I really feel the stand is needed to keep it that way. So maybe I'll also have to contact MOTS or PNSO to see if I can get a plastic stand for A-shu.

As you mentioned the Ankylosaurus is very "dusty" looking which I suppose could be good? We rarely ever have dinosaur figures that look like they were just taken from an outdoor environment.

SRF

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 18, 2021, 02:51:02 PM
Well that was a nice surprise, today my two PNSO models that I ordered at My Online Toy Store came in! It took them 16 days to get here, so that's still quite fast. The packages were well packed. I ordered both the Ankylosaurus and the Qianzhousaurus with their boxes. The few Euros that would save me aren't worth the risk I feel.

First the Ankylosaurus. Since I have the Safari Ltd Ankylosaurus I didn't feel I needed the PNSO Ankylosaurus. But since I like to display my Tyrannosaurs with animals from their own time and environment, I decided to get what I already felt is the best Ankylosaurus available to display together with my Winter Wilson. I still feel it is the best Ankylosaurus, but oh man the coloration on my Ankylosaurus is a bit of a let down. I know PNSO's end product doesn't always match the promotional images, but the colors are a lot more dull than I see on other in hand pictures and review videos on YouTube. I haven't been able to take and upload some pictures yet, but my Ankylosaurus seems to be a lot more greyish and dusty than on the images in the review on this website for instance. It's like the paintwork is unfinished, as if they forgot to put the lighter yellowish colors which are present on the underside of the model on the upperside. It makes the model a lot less lively.

I know this model was released back in 2019, so I wonder if this is just a quality control issue or that the quality of the paintwork tends to go downhill after the initial release?

Then over to the Qianzhousaurus. This model is very well done and I'm very happy to finally have it. Only nitpick I have here: the model came without the plastic stand. For now it stands very well, but I really feel the stand is needed to keep it that way. So maybe I'll also have to contact MOTS or PNSO to see if I can get a plastic stand for A-shu.

As you mentioned the Ankylosaurus is very "dusty" looking which I suppose could be good? We rarely ever have dinosaur figures that look like they were just taken from an outdoor environment.

Could be, but I wouldn't expect Ankylosaurus to live in a desert-like environment actually.  :)

Compared to review videos and photos from when the model was initially released, I still find the coloration on my Ankylosaurus a bit disappointing. I guess it's best to purchase a figure you really want right away when it is released.

Meaning PNSO is going to get me bankrupt this year.  :-X
But today, I'm just being father

Dinoguy2

Yeah, the more vibrant one looks nice but I kind of like the caked mud look, especially how it settles in between the armor cracks. It would be weird for a big, old animal like this to not be covered in a little grime. Like a big tortoise.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Dinoguy2 on March 18, 2021, 04:31:54 PM

Yeah, the more vibrant one looks nice but I kind of like the caked mud look, especially how it settles in between the armor cracks. It would be weird for a big, old animal like this to not be covered in a little grime. Like a big tortoise.

Very true. One  reason I like the figures with mud brown feet to their ankles.   I'm also reminded on the JP Triceratops animatronic, Spielburg had the crew take this pristine blue/grey piece and toss reddish brown dirt all over it saying it was far too clean to be real.  It's one reason we keep seeing a color discrepancy though lol 

Mattyonyx

I need help with the Spinosaurus: I remember there was a variant o the 2017 version with colors similar to the 2020 version. It even had a sort of red and green circle on the sail. Does anyone have pictures of it and tell me if it was an official version or a Custom?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: