News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Albertosaurus

The black paint wash doesn´t help. Probably it wouldn´t look so skinny with a different paintjob without those really dark shadows in every little indent

Halichoeres

Quote from: Sim on March 25, 2016, 12:01:48 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on March 24, 2016, 05:52:37 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on March 24, 2016, 12:04:17 PM
I just returned from China where I had the opportunity to visit the Peking Natural Science-Art Organisation (PNSO) HQ and workshops in Beijing. Their models are very good quality. Be patient, they are just starting out so watch this space for more - their products should become more widely available. I invited them to join the forum and they expressed an interest in doing so, so perhaps they will share details themselves here in due course.
Thank you for that news! You'll keep a number of us from some very foolish decisions :)

Sounds good Dr Admin!  Hehe, Halichoeres, I thought these figures would interest you, so when I saw the prices for the figures that had been posted in this thread I wondered what you might be thinking!

I was thinking, "Well, it's ramen for dinner for all of April, then."

Quote from: Daspletodave on March 26, 2016, 12:35:33 PM
I'd like to buy that artbook. Sure the text would all be in Chinese, but the artwork would be worth it.
I hope this line adds some Chinese stegosaurs!

Yes! Tuojiangosaurus and Yingshanosaurus would be most welcome. Between this homegrown Chinese line and Australia's new museum line, the Golden Age of dinosaur toys is just getting golden-er.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

terrorchicken

I dont mind shrink wrapping too much usually, but geez that lufengo is just... somebody please get Daryl Dixon to put it out of its misery.

tyrantqueen

Very gruesome. It has a strong William Stout look to it.

Sim

MHHK has posted more photos of the five herbivores: https://www.facebook.com/monsterhousehk/posts/1116357021749964

More photos of the herbivores, including photos of them with the Rebor Ceratosaurus and Papo Allosaurus can be seen here: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4426296150

Viking Spawn

Holy MOLY!!!!  No wonder they cost more!!!  They are HUGE!!!!   :o

Blade-of-the-Moon

Now I really want the two sauropods at least.. ^-^

Roselaar

Oh my, they're giants! Sucks actually, that means shipping will be prohibitively expensive... :-/

Viking Spawn

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 27, 2016, 02:14:13 AM

Agreed.  That is VERY tempting!   :o

darth daniel

This might be the second best looking sauropod figure after the Sideshow Apatosaurus (not counting kits). :)

pylraster

In their FB page, they have theropods. Their Ceratosaurus seems very "inspired" by the Rebor model. I'm liking this one more actually, despite the broken hands. Something JP-ish about it that appeals to me .

Their prices and their reputation though.  :/

Albertosaurus

This Cerato is not part of the PNSO line of dinosaurs. This is made by iToys or something like that.

Sim

Yeah, that's a Facebook page for Monster House HK, who is just one seller of the PNSO dinosaurs, as well as of other figures like that Itoy Ceratosaurus.  There's a thread for 2016 Itoy figures here: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4511.0

Halichoeres

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 27, 2016, 02:14:13 AM

Something about shelter for children?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Sim

@Halichoeres: You're referring to the image in Blade-of-the-Moon's post which has a kid with a nightcap, right?  It's changed several times today with at least two other variations - I think one showed food.  All the variations were the same at the top of the image though, with that symbol that looks like a broken image.  Copying the image location, pasting it into an address bar and then clicking enter brings up a photo of the PNSO Huanghetitan and Rebor Ceratosaurus - I think this photo is what Blade-of-the-Moon intended to have in his post..

Patrx

Quote from: Sim on March 27, 2016, 09:19:53 PM
@Halichoeres: You're referring to the image in Blade-of-the-Moon's post which has a kid with a nightcap, right?  It's changed several times today with at least two other variations - I think one showed food.  All the variations were the same at the top of the image though, with that symbol that looks like a broken image.  Copying the image location, pasting it into an address bar and then clicking enter brings up a photo of the PNSO Huanghetitan and Rebor Ceratosaurus - I think this photo is what Blade-of-the-Moon intended to have in his post..

I'll upload it somewhere else so the link is more reliable:

Halichoeres

Quote from: Sim on March 27, 2016, 09:19:53 PM

Ha, well that explains it. Thanks.

Simon

Quote from: Dan on March 24, 2016, 05:42:45 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 23, 2016, 11:32:39 AM
Didn't Monster House have a bad reputation as a scalper/scammer? I can't remember.

Correct, this seller has been known to manipulate PayPal for fraudulent purposes. They also are known for extremely high pricing, so I would expect these items to become available elsewhere for substantially less.

Well Dan, I trust you are working your contacts to make these products available in your store.  The models appear to be 1/30 scale judging by the size of the Titanosaur.  The main interest for me are the giant sauropods and Hadrosaurs.  Hollow large scale high quality models are an unmet need in the hobby since Kaiyodo discontinued their Dino Tales 1/20 scale and 1/30 scale lines in the 1990s ....

Simon

Dinomike

Wow! That picture with Rebor Ceratosaurus next to that sauropod! It's massive! I like it!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: