You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

What stores in The Netherlands sell non-Schleich brands?

Started by Nanuqsaurus, April 02, 2016, 04:25:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nanuqsaurus

Hi everyone!

I'm looking for stores in The Netherlands that sell dinosaur collectibles that are not Schleich, I'm mostly looking for Papo dinosaurs. Schleich absolutely dominates the market here, and I have quite a few of their dinosaurs in my collection. It's not that I don't like them, but I just want some other brands in my collection too. I can find some on the internet, but I rarely ever trust webshops. I could also buy them from international sites, like Amazon or Ebay, but the shipping costs are often very high. The most common payment method here in The Netherlands is iDeal, which works quite well but is rarely used in non-Dutch webshops. I don't really know how other payment methods work, and I'm afraid I might lose my money somehow if I'd try them. Does anyone know any stores in The Netherlands that sell non-Schleich dinosaurs? Or a site from which I can safely order them?

Fluffysaurus

Hello i know a store but i think he sells Some stuff for a too high price. Its http://speelboer.com but there are also other awesome sites like urzeitshop.de and everything dinosaur.
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

Nanuqsaurus

Quote from: Dinofiel on April 02, 2016, 04:31:18 PM
Hello i know a store but i think he sells Some stuff for a too high price. Its http://speelboer.com.

This site might actually be what I'm looking for! :D They've a lot of stuff for sale and the prices aren't bad. Thanks!

dutchdinolover

Speelboer is a good seller indeed. I bought several times at this shop. Good company

Nanuqsaurus

Quote from: dutchdinolover on April 02, 2016, 09:12:11 PM
Speelboer is a good seller indeed. I bought several times at this shop. Good company

Good to know! Thanks for the tip! :D Now I can finally add some other brands to my collection.

Roselaar

Best places to look for Paposaurs are alternative toy stores, the ones that sell "houten speelgoed" as we call it here. There's one or more in every major city, if you know where to find them. I have three addresses in Amsterdam (and there's likely more), this one being the most reliable:

http://www.gonewiththewind.nl/

They also sell Collecta.

Libraraptor

I could also ask for stores in Germany which don´t just sell Schleich, but it´s just hopeless! I was in the very southern end of Germany, 580 km from my home, and all I saw was boring Schleich pablum ::)
I talked to a store employee in a city ther who told me that since two or so years, since Schleich has a new manager,  their agents became more and more aggressive.
It´s so frustrating.

sauroid

i think Schleich agents work like the pharmaceutical agents. they give "incentives"/bribe to the store managers to carry just their products EXCLUSIVELY.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Uroplatus

Toystores where they sell "houten speelgoed" are, like Roselaar said, your best chance.
I have ordered from De Speelboer as well and never had any problems with them, fast delivery, decent packaging , etc...
I also bought some great stuff in het oertijdmuseum in Boxtel, but the last time I was there they didn't have very much.
There's also this one...  http://www.dinoworld.nl  ... But I never worked with them so I can't say anything abouth their services.

Fluffysaurus

Papo is coming up in the netherlands, but Schleich is everywhere. Its a virus!! Lol. We also have a store in Rotterdam that sells  PaPo, de kleine kapitein, and other stores too. But not Safari. Speelboer is a good store indeed, just dont like the price. Who else remembers that Bijenkorf in the old days of yore sold Safari and Carnegie. Oh those were the days. Also i think is that its very funny how sellers say PÀpó and sjleigggg. Jeesh i know schleich is agressive but you dont have to attack me like that. ;D
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

Nanuqsaurus

Amsterdam and Rotterdam aren't very close to my home  :( I live in the far north of the Netherlands, there aren't many large cities around here. That makes it even more difficult to find a good dino store...

Roselaar

Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on April 04, 2016, 04:34:22 PM
Amsterdam and Rotterdam aren't very close to my home  :( I live in the far north of the Netherlands, there aren't many large cities around here. That makes it even more difficult to find a good dino store...

Groningen perhaps? The last time I visited there, they had a store selling Papo. And even some older Collectasaurs.

reinier zwanink

I live in gorinchem but have bever seen any dinosaurs other dan scleich or the ones at bart smit.
If i want a good model i always go to www.urzeitshop.de
Ordered there 5 times now and always very fast and correct
Mails to them are also replyed fast

Nanuqsaurus

Quote from: Roselaar on April 04, 2016, 08:38:32 PMGroningen perhaps? The last time I visited there, they had a store selling Papo. And even some older Collectasaurs.

Do you remember the name of the store in Groningen? Maybe I'll look for it next time I'm in Groningen.

Erwinonychus

If you're looking for Dinostoreus models, you'll have to Ad Mineraal in Gouda. Since I only collect Rebor and dinostoreus, my options are limited. For my Rebor models, I have to order them at Speelboer or otherwise the German/American toy webshops like urzeitshop, modellpferdeversand, Everything dinosaur or Big Bad Toy Store. Almost all my models I ordered, are from Big Bad Toy Store (which costed me a huge amount of importcosts about 60 euro).

I'm not interested in Papo models, so don't know much about where to buy them

Nanuqsaurus

Quote from: Erwinonychus on April 06, 2016, 12:22:24 PM
If you're looking for Dinostoreus models, you'll have to Ad Mineraal in Gouda. Since I only collect Rebor and dinostoreus, my options are limited. For my Rebor models, I have to order them at Speelboer or otherwise the German/American toy webshops like urzeitshop, modellpferdeversand, Everything dinosaur or Big Bad Toy Store. Almost all my models I ordered, are from Big Bad Toy Store (which costed me a huge amount of importcosts about 60 euro).

I'm not interested in Papo models, so don't know much about where to buy them

Wow :o I don't think I would ever spend so much money on one model... I checked some German sites but the shipping costs are too high for me, and Speelboer is also kinda expensive if you compare it with some other sites. To be honest, I find it very difficult to spend money, and I always feel bad for a few days after purchasing something big. So on a side note, how do you guys save money for this hobby? Don't you feel bad when spending so much on it?

Roselaar

Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on April 05, 2016, 04:39:04 PM
Quote from: Roselaar on April 04, 2016, 08:38:32 PMGroningen perhaps? The last time I visited there, they had a store selling Papo. And even some older Collectasaurs.

Do you remember the name of the store in Groningen? Maybe I'll look for it next time I'm in Groningen.

http://asbran.nl/

Site says they still sell Papo. Haven't been there for quite a while, but last time it seems they were phasing Papo out (a common occurrence sadly, due to poor distribution on Papo's end). Maybe they restocked since. Just contact them before going there, I'd say.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.