News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PS Artwork (My Presentation)

Started by Prehistoric Sculptures, April 29, 2016, 03:30:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prehistoric Sculptures

Hello there! I'm Prehistoric Sculptures, and these are 100% handmade dinos, in cold porcelain and my only tools are my hands and some toothpicks por minimal details. They are all made in a 1:72 scale and my final project is to make one big diorama for each region (representing the echosystems of Australia/Antarctica, North and South Americas, Europe, Africa, Madagascar/India and Asia).  ;)

I'm a hobbist sculpturist from Argentina who is 16 years old, and I started with this when I was about 5 years old with modelling clay, but I changed the materials because clay used to melt in hot days and to freeze in very cold days  >:( (I'm from Patagonia). I also sell them to some tourists that come here eventually.

If you like them, I will upload more artwork next week and I'll try to bring my other ones plus Siats, Ekrixinatosaurus, Tarbosaurus and herbivores like Shantungosaurus, Comahuesaurus and Torosaurus.

I will also make a "How to make" video if you want, or a photo thread.

No more intro, here are them, enjoy and feel free to ask questions, make requests or criticize them, bye!  ^-^

Ignore the improvised pedestal with the Adidas trainers box and black background with a TV, I wanted them to contrast but I'll have them painted someday hahaha.

Sorry for the photo quality, they were taken with my cell phone.

These are some Under Construction ones, you will meet them in a few days. Also meet my model (the human), post name suggestions for him hahaha.

ARGENTINOSAURUS HUINCULENSIS

ISISAURUS COLBERTI

REBBACHISAURUS GARASBAE

RAPETOSAURUS KRAUSEI

LIMAYSAURUS TESSONEI

MAGYAROSAURUS DACUS

THE SAUROPOD FAMILY!

NOW, THEROPODS!

NEOVENATOR SALERII

SIGILMASSASAURUS BREVICOLLIS (Based in a Spinosaur influenced reconstruction)

RAJASAURUS NARMADENSIS

YUTYRANNUS HUALI

GIGANOTOSAURUS CAROLINII

TYRANNOSAURUS REX

ORNITHOPODS AND THE GOOD GUYS FROM THE DINOSAUR WORLD

LURDUSAURUS ARENATUS

HUAXIAOSAURUS AIGAHTENS

ANTARCTOPELTA OLIVEROI

THERIZINOSAURUS CHELONIFORMIS

TITANOCERATOPS OURANOS AND HYLAEOSAURUS ARMATUS (I liked how they looked together hahaha)

TRICERATOPS HORRIDUS

spinosaurus1

damn, you beat me to it. i was going to be the first guy to make a Sigilmasaurus sculpture.

amazing sculptures. and so many done. i esspecially like the isisaurus

Prehistoric Sculptures

Quote from: spinosaurus1 on April 29, 2016, 04:14:09 AM
damn, you beat me to it. i was going to be the first guy to make a Sigilmasaurus sculpture.

amazing sculptures. and so many done. i esspecially like the isisaurus

Haha thanks man! Sorry for that Sigilmassasaurus  :P

PumperKrickel

deleted

Prehistoric Sculptures

Quote from: ScarletSpider on April 29, 2016, 04:56:56 AM
Impressive sculptures and you´re still so young! Do you plan on painting them eventually?

Thanks! Yeah I will, someday haha, nah seriously, I think I should start painting them because I have sooooooo many, those are about 1/4 of the total sculptures I have, because I make about 10 of them per week (that's because I have lots of spare time)

btb300

While I can't judge the anatomic accuracy the level of detail at this scale is amazing. I also would love to see them painted.
BTW I am a bit envious that you live in Patagonia, I wanted to visit ever since I read Two Years' Vacation by Jules Verne :D I even have a slideshow of pictures from Patagonia for desktop wallpapers on my work computer :)
Inevitably, underlying instabilities begin to appear.

DinoToyForum

Good work, especially with just your hands. My suggestion for the human - Percy Porcelain. Percy P. For short ;D

Prehistoric Sculptures

Thank you all! Would you like to see something in particular? I'm also having the smaller ones almost completed, I'll post them asap

Archinto

Your sculptures are very unique! I love the material you are using. One thing that may help you acheive more details, is a very simple tool you can make. If you take a good quality round toothpick,(bamboo is best but wood is good too) and cut one end off flat, leave the other end pointy. You can use it to roll out details and for attaching small pieces and rolling out the edges so they blend well with the sculpture.

Keep up the good work! I am interested to see what else you make :)
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

Megalosaurus

Muy bien.
Porcelana fría? Muy interesante.
Espero verlos pintados pronto, así se aprecian más los detalles.

---

Very good.
Cold porcelain? Interesting.
I hope to see them painted soon, that way detail will show.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!