News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor 1:35 scale Tenontosaurus tilletti (Ceryneian Hind)

Started by Everything_Dinosaur, May 03, 2016, 07:23:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking Spawn

No problem.  My photos are for collector's references anyway.   ;)

Simon

Quote from: MLMjp on May 06, 2016, 02:45:09 PM
Well, this corpse definitely makes a cool diorama :)
However.......

Excuse me Viking Spawn for using your image.

Thats Tenontosaurus is HUGE. Tenontosaurus did not grow that big. That is off putting, it kills the "realism" of the diorama.

Again sorry for using your image Viking Spawn.

It might help you to kindly consider that:

a.  It might be an "oversized" specimen of a related sub-species, or ...

b.  It might be not a full-grown Acrocanthosaurus ...

... see, one thing that almost all paleo-fans (inlcuding me) do is mentally assume that each representation of a dinosaur "must" be the maximum-sized individual known to science .. if its not, we feel subconsciously "disappointed" in some manner, because (of course) its the sheer mega-size of dinosaurs in general that first attracted us to them as children ...

... of course, 90% of all critters alive at any one time today or in the age of dinosaurs were NOT close to the "maximum-sized" individuals of each species ... hence the fallacy of seeing the diorama in the way that you described it ...

... believe me, I have been as guilty of this as anyone, and so I bring this up to show you that you need not feel guilty or wrong in simply enjoying a beautiful diorama such as this one (well, beautifully gory anyway) just because each animal is not depicted in its penultimate size vis-a-vis the other ...

DinoG

True that, a bit of flexibility doesn't harm when considering scale
Run!

Arul

Quote from: Viking Spawn on May 06, 2016, 02:54:20 PM
No problem.  My photos are for collector's references anyway.   ;)

You should give your photo a watermark Viking Spawn, so people can find you :D

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Appalachiosaurus

Yeah, that Tenontosaurus is no where near 1:35. Even with all things considered, it is easily two to three times the size of a real 1:35 scale model.

Viking Spawn

Thank you Arul and Raptor!  I thought about using watermarks but decided against it so as not to distract from the image. 

Dinomike

Quote from: Simon on May 06, 2016, 04:17:16 PM
Quote from: MLMjp on May 06, 2016, 02:45:09 PM
Well, this corpse definitely makes a cool diorama :)
However.......

Thats Tenontosaurus is HUGE. Tenontosaurus did not grow that big. That is off putting, it kills the "realism" of the diorama.

Again sorry for using your image Viking Spawn.

It might help you to kindly consider that:

a.  It might be an "oversized" specimen of a related sub-species, or ...

b.  It might be not a full-grown Acrocanthosaurus ...

... see, one thing that almost all paleo-fans (inlcuding me) do is mentally assume that each representation of a dinosaur "must" be the maximum-sized individual known to science .. if its not, we feel subconsciously "disappointed" in some manner, because (of course) its the sheer mega-size of dinosaurs in general that first attracted us to them as children ...

... of course, 90% of all critters alive at any one time today or in the age of dinosaurs were NOT close to the "maximum-sized" individuals of each species ... hence the fallacy of seeing the diorama in the way that you described it ...

... believe me, I have been as guilty of this as anyone, and so I bring this up to show you that you need not feel guilty or wrong in simply enjoying a beautiful diorama such as this one (well, beautifully gory anyway) just because each animal is not depicted in its penultimate size vis-a-vis the other ...

Lol! This is so true! I never even think about dinosaurs as anything but huge - and of course they always reached their maximum size! Thanks for pointing this out!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

MLMjp

A living Tenontosaurus is a possibility, specially a hatchling. The Triceratops fallen queen is also a corpse and now there´s a hatchling triceratops, and there is going to be a living Triceratops, king trident. If their first corpse gets a baby, why not the second?. Rebor said they will make hatchling of every dinosaur they make.

However, about an adult Tenonto, the problem is that I don´t know how it would fit in any of their "dioramas", they can still release it as a standalone piece though. But somehow I find the adult less likely to become a reality, don't know why. :-\

And Simon. I know that not every single dinosaur has to be at its max size, i don't have a problem with dinos being a little too big or a little to small. Besides I am pretty sure Rebor´s intention was to make the Acrocanthosaurus an adult, maybe not a max sized adult but and adult. And that´what I found the diorama a bit of putting and also because I like my collection to be in scale (so don't get surprised every time I complain about scale). And this Tenonto look big even if we consider it a full grown Tenonto next to a normal sized adult Acro.

Saying that I appreciate what you have said about being more flexible, in fact I´m actually somewhat flexible since not everything is in the same scale in my collection (specially the dinos under 6 meters). But I think you are somewhat right, a bit of flexibility does not hurt. however I still got mixed feeling about this corpse, but the diorama is still gory beautiful. I only I could buy the Acro.... :'(

Also, video review from JC:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_GiKSw7sts

Takama

Quote from: joossa on May 06, 2016, 05:27:25 AM
I don't understand why people complain so much about the dead herbivores...especially after all this time. Rebor has their roster of models to create and I'm sure they will get to the living herbivores eventually. All in good time. Whining about it over and over won't change anything, if that wasn't obvious at this point.

VK, great photos. I'm holding off on getting that piece until the raptors are out. It looks nice with the Hercules model. It's also nice to start getting a better sense of feel of how the raptors will fit into the diorama.

ITs not just the fact that there dead. its the species they chose that is dead. Tenotosaurus is seldom seen in model form, and here comes a company with great potential, who sees it as nothing as food for a theropod that already been made by other company's before.    Also i really dont like the fact that there selling there models as pieces to Dioramas. I prefer to collect just the animals and not the stuff that comes with them, unless that other stuff is a base that is permanently attached to the models feet.    If i ever start buying there products (and thats an if, There Close to convincing me, but i wont give in until they blow my mind) I will get the Acrocanthosaurus, but never the Tenotosaurus corpse..

Megalosaurus

Pals, here you are a recipe for a living Thenontosaurus
1.- Take the Thenontosaurus corpse and cut the intestines.
2.- Take the other Thenontosaurus part from Hercules and unite to the corpse with your favorite putty/clay.
3.- Use more putty to fill the Thenontosaurus wounds.
4.- Paint the complete piece as your heart desires (or Just paint the putty and blood in the adjacent colours)
5.- ENJOY your NEW LIVING RESTING THENONTOSAURUS.

Quote from: Takama on May 10, 2016, 04:03:24 PM
[...] I will get the Acrocanthosaurus, but never the Tenotosaurus corpse..
Never say never! You may regret that in the future.

Thats what happened to me with other figures, then I payed much more than the original price.

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

empire3569

Quote from: Megalosaurus on May 13, 2016, 02:04:36 AM
Pals, here you are a recipe for a living Thenontosaurus
1.- Take the Thenontosaurus corpse and cut the intestines.
2.- Take the other Thenontosaurus part from Hercules and unite to the corpse with your favorite putty/clay.
3.- Use more putty to fill the Thenontosaurus wounds.
4.- Paint the complete piece as your heart desires (or Just paint the putty and blood in the adjacent colours)
5.- ENJOY your NEW LIVING RESTING THENONTOSAURUS.

Quote from: Takama on May 10, 2016, 04:03:24 PM
[...] I will get the Acrocanthosaurus, but never the Tenotosaurus corpse..
Never say never! You may regret that in the future.

Thats what happened to me with other figures, then I payed much more than the original price.

The only problem with that is because the figure has a flat back, it can only be in a laying down pose and never standing. It would be unique as you don't often see dinosaurs resting, but still. It would be nice if they just released a living version

Victoria's Cantina

Oh man, awesome photos as always, Viking Spawn! I wasn't planning on getting this one until I see what the completed diorama will look like, but your photos have me much more interested now.

Arul

I will be waiting for the cerberus clan. If cerberus clan satisfying i will buy this and cerberus clan, i already have the acro. Im sure it will be a very good 3 in 1 diorama

Viking Spawn

Quote from: Victoria B on May 13, 2016, 07:19:55 AM
Oh man, awesome photos as always, Viking Spawn! I wasn't planning on getting this one until I see what the completed diorama will look like, but your photos have me much more interested now.

Thank you Victoria.  It is an amazing diorama so far.  I hope the last act comes out this year.

Megalosaurus

Does anyone notice the similarity of this Tenonto with the ones from CMStudio?

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

tanystropheus

that's probably REBOR's inspiration for the piece. Notice the raptors.

Flaffy

THIS should be the true inspiration for Rebor.  :P

Notice all the similarities...

MLMjp

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on June 10, 2016, 05:43:57 AM
THIS should be the true inspiration for Rebor.  :P
Notice all the similarities...

REBOR itself said that they did not know about that picture and it is just pure coincidence that their Acro and this picture show a similar scene.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: