News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

General discussion - public

Started by DinoToyForum, March 13, 2012, 11:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueKrono

Quote from: Neosodon on May 22, 2017, 04:17:43 PM
Quote from: stoneage on May 22, 2017, 01:31:06 AM
:o  Can anyone tell me why these figures sold for so much?  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kleinwelka-Saurierpark-Parasaurolophus-Diplodocus-vintage-dinosaur-model-/322514579881?hash=item4b175df1a9:g:aGsAAOSwR29ZFgoY
The buyer accidentally put the decimal point in the wrong spot?

Yeah, it went from $262 to $5k. Well, at least that seller can enjoy a nice early retirement.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

CityRaptor

Woah, just woah!

Wasn't there a thread for something like that?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Tylosaurus

That is quite an expensive piece of plastic right there ...
Somethings are just over valued imo, collectors items or not, then again if people are that desperate, no one stopp'n 'em either.
Just not something you'd see me or anyone I'd know d, that's for true.

Such efforts some are willing to give out for, eh?

CityRaptor

Just saw a show called Woozle Goozle, which is supposed to be educational. They had a segment on Dinosaurs, which used footage from various documentaries.  Some mistakes by the show:
- Aucasaurus and Daspletosaurus are both called T.rex.
- Einiosaurus is identified Triceraptor.
- They claim Dinosaurs are extinct, with birds being only their descendants.
- they also claim that crocodylians are descended from Dinosaurs.
Oh no

Neosodon

Quote from: CityRaptor on June 17, 2017, 07:39:17 AM
- Einiosaurus is identified Triceraptor.
Mis-identifying a dinosaur is one thing. But to just make up names because your to lazy to look up the real one is despicable for a educational show.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

ZoPteryx

I have returned for the "wilds" of Montana and finally have reliable internet again!  ;D  Don't really have any interesting animals sightings to report though, despite lots of searching.  Did get to visit the Museum of the Rockies again, which has been revamped since my last visit (took lots of photos!) and had a well stocked gift shop!  ;)

sauroid

random/trivia: did you all know that Darren Naish, the renowned vertebrate palaeontologist is also an avid animal figure collector? he is a member of an fb animal toy figure collectors group. just sharing.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: sauroid on October 03, 2017, 01:29:57 PM
random/trivia: did you all know that Darren Naish, the renowned vertebrate palaeontologist is also an avid animal figure collector? he is a member of an fb animal toy figure collectors group. just sharing.

Yes, and when I hosted him at the Dinosaurs of China exhibition recently he left with some additions to his collection :)

sauroid

Quote from: dinotoyforum on October 03, 2017, 05:57:41 PM

Yes, and when I hosted him at the Dinosaurs of China exhibition recently he left with some additions to his collection :)
that's great. i hope he becomes one of the members here too. :)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: sauroid on October 03, 2017, 06:31:55 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on October 03, 2017, 05:57:41 PM

that's great. i hope he becomes one of the members here too. :)

Maybe he already is...   ;)

sauroid

CityRaptor

Someone we may not expect.

A few weeks ago I was in store and saw a couple chekcing out some Ravensburger Dinosaurs. They were talking that there were only the "evil" Dinosaurs ( T.rex, Spinosaurus, Velociraptor, Carnotaurus ) left till the woman found one of the "good" ones ( Camarasaurus ). I wanted to say something, but decided against it.
Oh no

Lanthanotus

Hihi,... if you deem the Camarasaurus "bad", have a look at the new Ravensburger Tiptoi Therizinosaurus :D

CityRaptor

Actually this was about them applying morality to animals. You know, the whole "Carnivores are Evil" thing.
Oh no

Lanthanotus

Hehe, yes, I got that - dividing animal kingdom in good and bad is somewhat in our blood I think.

Just wanted to "turn" the subject with this add, in fact, when it comes to accuray the T. rex for example is way better than others of the line and I was quite shocked when I saw that Therizonosaurus in a shop just few days ago.

(Does that make sense? Sorry, I sometimes may have confusing thoughts my wife says).

CityRaptor

The irony is that the most beloved pets are carnivores, too. You know, that bigger one that has masters and the smaller one that has servants.

Yeah, the Theri somehow makes me think of the Dino Crisis one:
Oh no

Faelrin

I have a question about something, but I don't think it needs its own thread (wouldn't know where to ask this anyways). I ordered some figures from the Safari LTD website for the first time on Friday. It says my order is still processing. Does anyone know how long it usually takes? I sent them an email yesterday (with the bernie email they have on the contact us page), since I'm a little confused. I ordered from DeJankins (also first time) on Monday, and I already have an email saying my thing shipped (Safari Ltd Scutosaurus) already, so that tells me the payment for that purchase went through. The only thing I can think of is that they might still have orders backed up from the hurricane yet, but of course I have no idea. My Safari Ltd order consists of the Ammonite, Deinocheirus, Iguanodon, and Werewolf figures in case anyone is wondering.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

stargatedalek

Quote from: Faelrin on October 18, 2017, 04:46:55 PM
I have a question about something, but I don't think it needs its own thread (wouldn't know where to ask this anyways). I ordered some figures from the Safari LTD website for the first time on Friday. It says my order is still processing. Does anyone know how long it usually takes? I sent them an email yesterday (with the bernie email they have on the contact us page), since I'm a little confused. I ordered from DeJankins (also first time) on Monday, and I already have an email saying my thing shipped (Safari Ltd Scutosaurus) already, so that tells me the payment for that purchase went through. The only thing I can think of is that they might still have orders backed up from the hurricane yet, but of course I have no idea. My Safari Ltd order consists of the Ammonite, Deinocheirus, Iguanodon, and Werewolf figures in case anyone is wondering.
When I ordered directly from them I don't recall if I got any confirmation emails (except for from my actual payment source). They only took about a week or two to arrive.

Faelrin

Quote from: stargatedalek on October 18, 2017, 10:37:24 PM
Quote from: Faelrin on October 18, 2017, 04:46:55 PM
When I ordered directly from them I don't recall if I got any confirmation emails (except for from my actual payment source). They only took about a week or two to arrive.
I did receive a confirmation email for my order. It did say this (as well as what my order consisted of, the time and date I ordered, my order number, and other stuff):

QuoteWe are processing your order.
Orders usually ship within 24 hours.
Once shipped your order will arrive in 4-6 business days.
Any order placed after 3pm EST or on the weekend will be processed the following business day.

Maybe I should just be more patient I guess. It hasn't been a full week yet, although I did already send them an email yesterday due to my confusion. My card's transaction history finally shows that the payment is no longer processing (although the amount on my card has oddly not decreased), so maybe things are moving along. On the other hand, Safari Ltd's site still shows my order is processing.

Edit: Okay so two things. First thing is that I calculated wrong so I thought I should have less on my card, which is why I thought it didn't pay. Second thing is shortly after I posted about my Scutosaurus arriving, I checked the website again, and it still said it was processing. About an hour afterwards my Safari LTD package came in the mail (right before I was about to leave to go donate plasma again, and I'm waiting until my dad gets back from work to open it). Now back from donating, I checked the website again, and it still says its processing. Which is odd. I guess I'll delete my browser cookies and cache and check afterwards. No email response yet either, but not sure if that matters now that I have the package. I feel dumb about this whole thing, though I'm still confused.

Second Edit: Deleted my browser stuff, still showing the same thing. Hmmm. I wonder if it's an issue with the site then. Well I'll not worry about it anymore, considering I have the package. I'll just have to keep this in mind for the next purchase there, assuming the same thing happens.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

CityRaptor

Geez, I knew feather haters were a thing, but apparently broken wrists have advocates, too:
https://xbloodgaruru.deviantart.com/art/lmao-jurassic-park-raptor-wrists-broken-714353948
Oh no

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: