News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

can't connect to Google or Yahoo email

Started by dragon53, May 28, 2016, 04:30:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon53

My pc developed a problem with the Black Screen--Startup Repair and Blue Screen--Crash Dump. I tried Restore which caused another problem---now I can't connect to Google, Yahoo email or Youtube because of an insecure connection (I can connect to Amazon, ebay, this forum, etc.).

Does anyone know how I can re-connect to Google and Yahoo email?

Sim

Are you trying to connect to Google/Yahoo/YouTube via a saved link, like a bookmark/favourite?  If so, what happens if you try to connect to them without using one of these saved links?  For example, what happens when you click on this link?: https://www.google.co.uk/

dragon53

SIM:

This is what I get when I click on Google in my bookmarks:

"Your connection is not secure
The owner of www.google.com has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website.
This site uses HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) to specify that Firefox only connect to it securely. As a result, it is not possible to add an exception for this certificate."

This is what I get trying to get to Yahoo email:

"Secure Connection Failed
An error occurred during a connection to us-mg4.mail.yahoo.com. The OCSP response is not yet valid (contains a date in the future). Error code: SEC_ERROR_OCSP_FUTURE_RESPONSE
The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified."

So I need someone to copy/paste instructions on how to solve the insecure connections for Google and Yahoo email when using Firefox or Chrome with Vista.

stargatedalek

Firefox thinks the site is a danger to you. You may have a virus tracking your internet activity and Firefox is noticing traces of it, or your Firefox may be bugged.

dragon53

STARGATEDALEK:

I did Avast and Malwarebytes scans and found no problems. The problem began when I did a System Restore.
I just cleared my Firefox history and the problem worsened----now I can't log into Amazon because of a "Secure Connection Failed". I called Amazon support, and they could not help.

If anyone can copy/paste any instructions on how to solve the Google/Firefox/Vista secure connection problem, that might help.

Sim

I'm not sure if you tried what I suggested in my previous post?  Did you try clicking the link I provided?

dragon53

SIM:

Yes, I tried your link and got "Your connection is not secure"---the same reply I'm getting at my Amazon.

This is the reply I just got a few minutes ago on my Amazon when I tried to sign in:

"Your connection is not secure
The owner of http://www.amazon.com has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website.
http://www.amazon.com uses an invalid security certificate.
The certificate will not be valid until Tuesday, May 17, 2016 7:00 PM. The current time is Saturday, April 30, 2016 6:30 PM."

Sim

It looks like your computer's time is set incorrectly.  Maybe when you did a system restore the computer's date went back to the date the restore point is from?  If your computer's date is incorrect, try changing it to the correct date and then connecting to the websites.

dragon53

SIM:

After my first System Restore, the insecure connection problem began, so I tried to undo it, but there was no "undo option" box to check. Consequently I set two other System Restores on April 10 and 30 (before the insecure problems began) and used the "undo option" on one of the April restores. The first Restore apparently caused the insecure connection problem and the two April restores didn't help.
Any other suggestions---such as another Restore to the CURRENT date?

Sim

Have you tried going to your computer's settings and making the date correct?  I would guess there is somewhere you can click to make the date automatic?

dragon53

SIM:

You're right!-----the date was May 1. I just corrected it.....when my pc crashed via the black screens and blue screens, it changed the clock, which I corrected, but I didn't realize the date was also changed.

I just checked Google, Amazon and Yahoo email-----they all work!!!!

Thanks very much for your help and patience. It's greatly appreciated.

PS----Do you know how to cure the Startup Repair Black Screens and Crash Dump Blue Screens that caused this problem in the first place?

Sim

I'm glad the problem's been resolved and that I could help!  I don't know about the black and blue screens you mentioned, but searching for each individually on Google brought up some results, so that could be worth looking at if you haven't already.

dragon53

SIM:

Thanks again for the help. Having Google back is especially helpful.

This morning it took me about 45 minutes to get my pc started. I got a Blue Screen Crash Dump which said, "Driver...IRQL...Not_Less_or_Equals"

I then ran Startup Repair using the OEM dvd and got the following:

"Startup Repair cannot repair this computer automatically.
Problem Event Name--Startup RepairV2
Problem Event Signature 01--External Media
Problem Event Signature 02--6.06000.16386.6.0.6000.16386
Problem Event Signature 03--0
Problem Event Signature 04--65537
Problem Event Signature 05--Unknown
Problem Event Signature 06--Oxa
Problem Event Signature 07--0
Problem Event Signature 08--2

I'll keep looking for answers to the Blue Screen problem. Thanks again for the help.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.