News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dinosaur bone sphere collection

Started by amargasaurus cazaui, May 30, 2012, 08:39:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Panzerwerk

Arul

So beauty...im sorry but what is this actually ? I mean how its made ?

amargasaurus cazaui

It is ground from the interior of a solid piece of rock using several processes. I believe i covered the entire process in the opening of this thread thanks
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Arul

Ohh i see...in indonesia its called "akik" :)

amargasaurus cazaui

Been awhile since I posted in this topic, but I still work on this hobby from time to time as life permits. I have this guy on my desk...larger piece, roughly the size of a cantalope and thought to share it. I work on it , polishing it by hand as time allows. For those who never get to study dinosaur bones up close and see the textures, colors and patterns caused by bone growth, fossilization and the ensuing millenia, here you go. The various colors are noteworthy if not as glamorous as they could be. There seem three larger features noticeable, being the area with large cell structure, the pocket of tan webbing, and finally the tan line. This piece was taken from a chunk from a large vert that was likely sauropod, given the size. Enjoy !

Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Halichoeres

I have no idea how large this is, but have you ever considered using it to go bowling? ;)
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Halichoeres on January 17, 2016, 06:07:56 PM
I have no idea how large this is, but have you ever considered using it to go bowling? ;)
Roughly the size of a cantalope....its fairly heavy however. Funny story there...my grandfather used to make spheres when I was a child...he was nationally famed for his pieces. At that time it was a seldom seen form of art, and he had done some very impressive spheres....and he had won some shows and awards. He kept a case of them in his living room that were his show pieces. My cousin who was younger than myself had gone to visit ...and left unsupervised for a few moments was found in the backyard playing croquet with some of them. We were all amazed he survived to become much older...To be fair my grandfathers work was seldom using dinosaur bone, he was more an agate and petrified wood type, whereas mine is the reverse.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.