News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Ice Age Movies

Started by Pachyrhinosaurus, June 07, 2016, 02:57:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrorchicken

why cant any of these CGI studios make a family movie about dinosaurs/prehistoric mammals where they at least attempt to make them look somewhat accurate? They all have to look like cartoony Pokemon things. The closest was Disney's Dinosaur & Walking with Dinosaurs 3d and those were ruined by the awful voices/narration/sidekicks.

anyone seen Croods? Was excited for that, then I saw the trailer and the fauna were all crazy looking mutant things as well...sigh.

Flaffy

If Walking With Dinosaurs 3D stuck to its original idea of being a realistic, scientifically accurate silent documentary, I would have liked the film A LOT BETTER. The animations and details were all ruined by childish narration (or could I even call it that?) and immature poop and fart jokes. At some point in the movie the dinosaurs even mentioned nachos and ninjas :P.
I don't know whose stupid idea was to change the film's direction from a serious documentary/film about the life of a dinosaur to a "family friendly" movie, I think some of the people producing the film thought that the audience wouldn't connect to the characters without narration.
WWD3D could have been such a fresh eye-opener of what lived before us, but what we got in the end was... well, this.

terrorchicken

^same thing with Dinosaur. It was supposed to be a straight up dialogue-less film, then they said "nope, make the dinos talk! add funny lemurs!" gah!

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: terrorchicken on June 22, 2016, 06:31:55 PM
^same thing with Dinosaur. It was supposed to be a straight up dialogue-less film, then they said "nope, make the dinos talk! add funny lemurs!" gah!
If you look closely, the iguanodons' teeth are actually its beak, with the lips over it as to be better suited to speaking.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.