News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Japanese Dinosaur Sculpting Book

Started by kap91, June 28, 2016, 08:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kap91

I really like this book! How do other folks like it? My only complaint is that there are only 3 dinosaurs done step by step. Triceratops, some apatosaurus, and T-rex. T-rex is done twice, one standing and another sitting, but it has feathers. The author has some lovely sculptures, would love to see more walkthroughs of other dinosaurs though.
Are there dinosaur sculpting books folks can recommend? Listed the amazon link and name of the book below.

恐竜のつくりかた (古生物造形研究所)

https://www.amazon.co.jp/%E6%81%90%E7%AB%9C%E3%81%AE%E3%81%A4%E3%81%8F%E3%82%8A%E3%81%8B%E3%81%9F-%E5%8F%A4%E7%94%9F%E7%89%A9%E9%80%A0%E5%BD%A2%E7%A0%94%E7%A9%B6%E6%89%80-%E7%AB%B9%E5%86%85%E3%81%97%E3%82%93%E3%81%9C%E3%82%93/dp/4766125231

stargatedalek

It looks really nice, I'll definitely consider getting it thanks.

kap91

It really is! There is a section on texturing and making your own stamps that I really like. Then there is a section that is a gallery of his sculpts which is really cool!
I wish I was better at Japanese. I've only managed six pages so far of the first Rex walkthrough.

spinosaurus1

ProSauropod

Mine is on order (along with a bunch of other stuff).  If anyone has a concern, Amazon jp. has given me even better service than US Amazon.  Very fast secure shipping.  One caution - you may want to let your CC company know there will be charges from overseas they may not have seen before, to avoid a possible fraud hold.  Amazon jp. will tell you if there is an issue and will try the same card again in a few days, so you can clear it up.

spinosaurus1

this is the first time i'm ordering from a foreign website. unfortunately i'm finding it a bit difficult to navigate atm. i manage to register and proceed to checkout this book, but i'm having trouble understanding the page were you give your information. heres a screenshot.

would anyone be able to translate the information i need to type in this page, and if so, also relay some of the other requirements i need to put in to proceed the purchase?

stargatedalek

You can also purchase it from amazon in English.

spinosaurus1

wha? i searched amazon not to long ago and couldn't find it.

edit: i just found it on ebay. should be making the purchase soon

kap91

Hope you guys enjoy it! Should I post more preview pictures?

spinosaurus1

thank yo for notifying this books existence :). i personally would like to see some of the build pics of the triceratops. also how many pages does it have?

docronnie

Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

kap91

It is around 125 pages. The triceratops in the tutorial is pretty basic, as it's the first tutorial in the book. I also put a few pics of the feathered rex and the camarasaurus(sorry, got the name wrong in the original post).

Mamasaurus

If the English version can be bought on Amazon I'd love to know the title translation. I can't find it.
Any help would be awesome, thank you  ^-^

Images copyrite to Mamasaurus

Rathalosaurus

Dude, I very like Dinos and I cannot understand those who don't.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.