News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The.......end?

Started by CarnegieCollector, July 24, 2016, 06:20:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarnegieCollector

I was reading the Dino Toy Blog, and it got me to thinking...

What will happen to the blog when every dinosaur toy/model has been reviewed?

Sure, it would be a long time away (longer than a diplodocus), but what if it DOES happen someday? When all dinosaur/prehistoric critter toys have been reviewed?

???
Is there an alternate universe in which dinosaurs collect figures of people?

CityRaptor

Given that there are constantly new Dinosaur toys made, that will probably never happen.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

CarnegieCollector

Quote from: CityRaptor on July 24, 2016, 09:09:30 AM
Given that there are constantly new Dinosaur toys made, that will probably never happen.

Lol good point  :))
Is there an alternate universe in which dinosaurs collect figures of people?

Derek.McManus

Also when you think of the many many dinosaur toys made over the years even if some of them would not actually be considered dinosaurs nowadays  ;)

laticauda

I guess we could get to a point where none of the reviewers have anything left to write about and we are stuck waiting for the next releases. 

suspsy

I calculate that by around December of this year, I will no longer be able to post a weekly review. After that, it'll simply be a question of waiting for new stuff.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

laticauda

Quote from: suspsy on August 05, 2016, 02:58:42 AM
I calculate that by around December of this year, I will no longer be able to post a weekly review. After that, it'll simply be a question of waiting for new stuff.
To quote Dr. Peter Venkman: Slow down. Chew your food.

Gwangi

Quote from: suspsy on August 05, 2016, 02:58:42 AM

I know that feeling well. The only reason I've been able to review so frequently as of late is that I dragged my unwanted dinosaurs out of the attic. That's why there are so many AAA and UKRD reviews popping up. But even that box is running low. Naturally this is also why I get a bit obsessive over the models I have plans to review. When you have next to nothing left, and someone reviews it, it's one more review you can't write.

Libraraptor

I am sure: Even if the well- known lines and series will alle have been reviewed someday, there will always be enough quirky stuff around  to keep the Blog running for decades. And there will always be replenishmeht, too.
There are and there will be more models and figures out there than we think.

EmperorDinobot

There's a lot of stuff that has not been reviewed: Carnage dinosaur toys (working on it), and why don't we move into a wider spectrum of dinosaur toys? For example, I review dinosaur toys AND MORE here: http://emperordinobot.blogspot.com/, so for all the Dinobots you won't see at the Dino Toy Blog, you can find some there.

I think that for those of us who have 2000+ dinosaur collections, we are able to find that if anything MOST dinosaurs have not been reviewed. The archive here is very large, but up 'till last year we didn't have a Carnegie Dilophosaurus pair review! Those two have been around since '95 and most collectors have them.

Dinosaur toys are forever. We'll never run out of dinosaur toys to look at.