News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

What dinosaurs look best with feathers?

Started by CarnegieCollector, August 10, 2016, 03:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of these, in your opinion, look best with feathers? (Evidence or lack thereof feathers doesn't apply)

Ornithomimosaurs (Deinocheirus, gallimimus, ornithomimus, pelicanimimus, struthiomimus)
Oviraptorids (Anzu, Gigantoraptor, Oviraptor, citipati, apatoraptor)
Tyrannosaurs (Tyrannosaurus, Yutyrannus, tarbosaurus, gaunlong, daspletosaurus, gorgosaurus)
Dromeosaurids (Velociraptor, Deinonychus, Utahraptor, archreoraptor, dakotaraptor)
Ornithischians (Stegosaurus, Triceratops, ankylosaurus, hypsilophodon, parasaurolophus, Corythosaurus)
Misc. carnivores (Carcharodontosaurus, acrocanthosaurus, coelophysis, allosaurus, Giganotosaurus, spinosaurus)
How they really looked in life is my favorite.

Tyto_Theropod

Glad to be agreed with, pal! Dromaeosaurids aren't half as bad as Oviraptorosaurs, but they do definitely look a lot more natural when reconstructed with proper feathering. Although at least some of them were, the extent to which Compsognathids were feathered is pretty debatable, especially are there are scale impressions from Compsognathus itself.
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

BlueKrono

I like the dromaeosaurs best with feathers. Having the nickname "raptors", they actually remind me quite a bit of modern raptor (predatory birds) when feathered. The sickle claws look as natural on a feathered dromaeosaur as do the wicked talons of an osprey or golden eagle. They aren't out there in your face, naked like the JP raptors, they are rather more hidden and less conspicuous, as are some of the deadliest animal weapons on the planet today such as the teeth of a komodo dragon or the claws of a lion. It took me a while to get used to the idea of oviraptors having feathers as it changes their look quite a bit, but I'm coming around to it, especially when imagining them as being a lot like cassowaries.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.