News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM

Started by dragon53, August 10, 2016, 06:41:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faelrin

The poop scene in JW was in the trailers but was a deleted scene (there was also that line from Hoskins in the trailer that wasn't in the film), and then there was that scene in the trailer for the first film with Ellie grabbing a leaf, that was missing from the film. So it wouldn't be a first time if something minor (though I doubt major) from the trailers is missing. It's just a waiting game at this point.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

John

Quote from: Dilopho on May 30, 2018, 11:13:51 PM
Quote from: John on May 30, 2018, 10:30:33 PM

And no Jurassic Park movie has ever had a trailer that had scenes that weren't in the movie itself,and I don't see that starting now.

I'm probably wrong, but didn't Jurassic World include the poop scene in some trailers even though it was cut from the movie?
I didn't even know there was a scene like that filmed for Jurassic World...at least I haven't seen anything like it...I can't think of a place in the story it would be.
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

John

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on May 30, 2018, 11:02:36 PM
The movie I mentioned is an exception to most things yes correct...but using fake scenes is hardly anything new and happens in many trailers if one takes the time to research it..although most generally are not as blatant or as obvious. I will accept your bet on the ideal the scenes I have referenced from the Infinity war trailers appear in the sequel...they do not as confirmed by the Russo Brothers repeatedly . They also discussed that throughout the production of the entire movie they shot multiple fake scenes in order to confuse even the set workers and extras and keep everyone confused what the actual movie would contain. We will be able to say in a year, but yes I do accept your bet, regarding this matter.
Also curious, but are you certain the various Jurassic park trailers contain no scenes that did not appear somewhere within the movies?

Spoiler
For instance the battle scene where all are charging into battle which has become one of they key elements featured in many trailers features the Hulk as well as the Hulk Buster, etc.Also many of the scenes with Thor were included that were obviously incorrect intentionally.  This was a clearly intended misdirect based on the plot, an intentionally faked scene and subsequently confirmed by the Russo brothers in multiple interviews.
[close]
I doubt there will be anything major cut out.Maybe something minor,but nothing like Avengers:Infinity War.
And don't believe the Russo Bros.As you say they lied about this Avengers movie.Even down to the fact that it was actually just half of a movie in the first place,so don't take them at their word what is confirmed or not for the next one.

Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: John on May 31, 2018, 03:41:27 AM
The movie I mentioned is an exception to most things yes correct...but using fake scenes is hardly anything new and happens in many trailers if one takes the time to research it..although most generally are not as blatant or as obvious. I will accept your bet on the ideal the scenes I have referenced from the Infinity war trailers appear in the sequel...they do not as confirmed by the Russo Brothers repeatedly . They also discussed that throughout the production of the entire movie they shot multiple fake scenes in order to confuse even the set workers and extras and keep everyone confused what the actual movie would contain. We will be able to say in a year, but yes I do accept your bet, regarding this matter.
Also curious, but are you certain the various Jurassic park trailers contain no scenes that did not appear somewhere within the movies?

Spoiler
For instance the battle scene where all are charging into battle which has become one of they key elements featured in many trailers features the Hulk as well as the Hulk Buster, etc.Also many of the scenes with Thor were included that were obviously incorrect intentionally.  This was a clearly intended misdirect based on the plot, an intentionally faked scene and subsequently confirmed by the Russo brothers in multiple interviews.
[close]
I doubt there will be anything major cut out.Maybe something minor,but nothing like Avengers:Infinity War.
And don't believe the Russo Bros.As you say they lied about this Avengers movie.Even down to the fact that it was actually just half of a movie in the first place,so don't take them at their word what is confirmed or not for the next one.
It isn't really a question of being cut out so much as never included to start with....as was the point of my post.  As for what will or will not be, that is speculation at this point. Given the current methods used in movies to try and state what will or wont be is at best guessing. The case has been made nicely that many movies today do not include all the scenes from the trailers. That was again the point I made with my post. Regarding "believing the Russo brothers..." these are two of the most highly respected producers in Hollywood who just oversaw the biggest blockbuster ever filmed . They have credibility ..well earned. I never said they llied about a thing...I said, and repeat, they placed misdirection within their movie trailers to confuse and hide the true plot of their movie and to avoid giving away major spoilers. This is no way the same as being a liar. Regarding the "half a movie ' comment, you do somewhat understand these two men work for a vast corporation known as Marvel which in turn is owned by Disney correct? The decisions what constitutes this movie or that sequel are not their own to make, and rest in the hands mostly of Kevin Feige , the operational director for Marvel. They likely have input and are allowed to make suggestions but ....to suggest their reputation is somehow less than credible due to a direction decision by Marvel itself is...odd.
  Both men speak quite honestly to the fans and media when asked and either they avoid answering or give the best possible answer they can without spoiling everyones enjoyment...that does not make them liars ...it means they respect and care about their audiences.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

John

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on May 31, 2018, 07:46:02 AM
Quote from: John on May 31, 2018, 03:41:27 AM

Spoiler
[close]
It isn't really a question of being cut out so much as never included to start with....as was the point of my post.  As for what will or will not be, that is speculation at this point. Given the current methods used in movies to try and state what will or wont be is at best guessing. The case has been made nicely that many movies today do not include all the scenes from the trailers. That was again the point I made with my post. Regarding "believing the Russo brothers..." these are two of the most highly respected producers in Hollywood who just oversaw the biggest blockbuster ever filmed . They have credibility ..well earned. I never said they llied about a thing...I said, and repeat, they placed misdirection within their movie trailers to confuse and hide the true plot of their movie and to avoid giving away major spoilers. This is no way the same as being a liar. Regarding the "half a movie ' comment, you do somewhat understand these two men work for a vast corporation known as Marvel which in turn is owned by Disney correct? The decisions what constitutes this movie or that sequel are not their own to make, and rest in the hands mostly of Kevin Feige , the operational director for Marvel. They likely have input and are allowed to make suggestions but ....to suggest their reputation is somehow less than credible due to a direction decision by Marvel itself is...odd.
  Both men speak quite honestly to the fans and media when asked and either they avoid answering or give the best possible answer they can without spoiling everyones enjoyment...that does not make them liars ...it means they respect and care about their audiences.
Ease up on the righteous indignation here,I didn't call the Russo Bros. filthy liars.All I meant was that their misdirection makes it impossible to take them at their word when it comes to any details of any Avengers movie they are working on.I doubt there will be such misdirection in Jurassic World:Fallen Kingdom simply because that franchise is not big enough to do so and get away with it,unlike the Avengers or Star Wars.

dragon53

MLMjp

After watching the three trailers, some featurettes and a few tv spots I have swear that I am not going to watch anything until I finally see the movie. However JW related videos keep popping up in my recommended videos on youtube. I have not watched them, but one of them got my attention because of certain dinosaur. Thankfully, I have been able to find the picture in question without having to watch the video.

Thanks to subreddit here we have a proper look at the Allosaurus:

Pretty nice I must say!

Dilopho

Man, I'm just super excited to see this,,, :o

DerbesSchuhwerk

I find the head shape a bit off. It reminds me more on a bigger Dromeosaur.

Neosodon

Quote from: DerbesSchuhwerk on June 01, 2018, 06:09:18 PM
I find the head shape a bit off. It reminds me more on a bigger Dromeosaur.
Yeah, looks to long and narrow. I really hope they get at least one dinosaur right.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Patrx

Whoah, does the Allosaurus have lips? That's neat.

Faelrin

I'm super glad the Mattel toy matches the color scheme on this film version after all. Like they both have the red crests, blue tongue, yellow striping and ring around the eye, as well as the eye color, aside from the blue grey body color. Only thing the toy doesn't have is the yellow or cream color on the belly. Of course the sculpting is also a little off with the over sized teeth, and possibly the head shape and thin raptor like tail, but still with the colors close it means it is pretty close to being film accurate after all.

That all aside this really does look like an improvement from the look at it in the first trailer.

Neosodon

Quote from: Patrx on June 01, 2018, 07:01:05 PM
Whoah, does the Allosaurus have lips? That's neat.
Lips actually aren't uncommon in JP reconstructions surprisingly. Since they're supposed to look scary you just kind of expect their teeth to always be showing. But even the raptors have had lips since the beginning.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Dilopho

Is it just me , or does Rexy in this poster look a little weirdly coloured? I thought she was just brown with darker stripes.

Maybe she's turning into a male, like in Jurassic Park.  ;)

Actually, quite a few of these look different.

MLMjp

Save the dinosaurs and save modern animals also:
(Don't worry there are no spoilers)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkgP4juyjgk
The Sinoceratops is adorable. :))

dragon53

Free poster if you buy your tickets in advance from Fandango.

Dilopho

That's an awesome poster, but isn't it weird that rexy is both in the main group  and in the helicopter in the background?  ^-^

DinoToyForum

The Velociraptor let the team down by not saying "ah!".

Faelrin

It's a fan made poster or so I've heard (on reddit). Really nice for what it is. In fact I quite like it a bit more then any of the official posters that have been revealed so far. Guess I'll get my tickets there.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Faelrin on June 05, 2018, 03:28:53 PM
It's a fan made poster or so I've heard (on reddit). Really nice for what it is. In fact I quite like it a bit more then any of the official posters that have been revealed so far. Guess I'll get my tickets there.

I'm not sure Fandango would sell an unofficial product..I mean they are asking for 25,000 for a replica Indominus Rex bust.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: