News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari: New for 2017

Started by Patrx, August 22, 2016, 08:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

My opinion already said in other post is a work of art.

For my part, when I receive this figure on February-March (hopefully earlier) I will keep its plastic base. In fact I have preserved the plastic bases and displayed them on my shelves of the acrocanthosaurus Rebor, rajasaurus and deinocheirus (old version) Collecta to give a few examples.

Safari leader in the dinosaur toy market 2017.

Thanks for sharing your Dobber photos are beautiful. :)

Daspletotyrannus

How did the other dinosaurs turn out. Dose the Coelophysis and Einiosaurus look good?  Has anyone seen the Deinocheirus in person?

Jose S.M.

I wonder why they didn't made Psittacosaurus available on safari website yet, I need it for Christmas hehehe. I thought they will release all the smaller ones first at the same time and the big ones later, but they released the Diplodocus and no the Psittacosaurus.

sauroid

very beautiful T. rex. if only the PNSO Triceratops was the same scale then those two would be a perfect match.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

dinoMD

Quote from: Daspletotyrannus on December 06, 2016, 05:46:41 PM
How did the other dinosaurs turn out. Dose the Coelophysis and Einiosaurus look good?  Has anyone seen the Deinocheirus in person?

I just received my diplodocus, einiosaurus, and deinocheirus this afternoon from safari.  Have the velociraptor and parasaurolophus on the way from DeJankins. 

I think the models look great, definitely the best yet from wild safari, and on par with the better days of the carnegie line (or even better as in the case of the rex).  I haven't been this excited about safari in a long time...

Personally a big sauropod guy, so loving the new diplodocus.  It's a little smaller than the 2008 carnegie diplodocus, but if you don't have that one, I highly recommend this one if you're thinking about adding a sauropod to your collection.

Jose S.M.

Nice! Thanks for the photos, I was trying to order from the Safari website but I can't. I think the site is down or something, they made available to bag the Giganotosaurus and Psittacosaurus but I choose the bag it option and go to the cart page and nothing.

Killekor

Wow! The unic that don't interesting me Is the Einiosaurus, probably because i am not a big fan of ceratopsians.

I want to see the Velociraptor and the coelophisis; someone have get the Microraptor and the Quetzalcoatlus?

Thanks

Predasaurskillekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

SBell

I just got my first wave for my store!

There are a few that were backordered already...but to get any of them this early is such a great thing (Canada tends to be slow)!

A little more to say regarding the store here:

http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=1373.new#new

Side note...the kids have already taken most of the open dinos for their shelves. This won't last...but they're safe!

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Neosodon

They look good. I just wish the Ceolophysis was smaller.  It doesn't look right being bigger than the Einiosaurus.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

dinoMD

Quote from: Joe289 on December 07, 2016, 12:12:42 AM
Nice! Thanks for the photos, I was trying to order from the Safari website but I can't. I think the site is down or something, they made available to bag the Giganotosaurus and Psittacosaurus but I choose the bag it option and go to the cart page and nothing.

Hmmm...perhaps it was down at the time.  It's working for me right now though.  Let us know your thoughts on the giganotosaurus + pictures if you get it.  I'm a little hesitant because of the base (realizing this is not necessarily a cause for reservation for others).

I know others have said it but this is definitely looking like Safari's year.  Honestly, I'm happy for it, considering it's a company that really helped shaped my childhood fascination in dinosaurs and the sciences (via the Carnegie line). 

tanystropheus

Quote from: Predasaurskillekor on December 07, 2016, 01:23:52 AM
Wow! The unic that don't interesting me Is the Einiosaurus, probably because i am not a big fan of ceratopsians.

Hahaha, that's the one that interests me the most because, ceratopsians rule. And, Doug Watson's Einiosaurus is even better than last years Nasutoceratops. That model was more or less perfect to begin with minus the relatively dull, albeit naturalistic, color scheme.

This year's (i.e 2017) line-up is very, very good. Easily the best in Safari Ltd's history. The Velociraptor will take me some time to get used to...only because I am not accustomed to seeing that interpretation.  All of these models have been made painstakingly...the Kronosaurus and Microrapter looks as good as CGI...incredible finish on both models....the Para has ultra-realistic skin textures/wrinkles...the Diplo is perfect...the list goes on and on...not particularly thrilled with the felt marker like stripe going down the Coelophysis side but it is forgivable.

Jose S.M.

The Einiosaurus is my most expected figure too haha I'm a ceratopsian guy too. And about the Coelophysis color, I really like it because reminds me of an African antelope, the Thompson's gazelle, and I love those!

CMIPalaeo

Just ordered my Coelphysis and Tylosaurus from FaunaFigures! (Hopefully they'll arrive before I head home from college for Christmas!) I love how sea-snakey the mosasaur looks, it's really pretty cool and not, I think, totally implausible either.

Also, seeing ACTUAL photos of the Diplodocus rather than the website previews makes it look MUCH better.
Once a man is tired of dinosaurs, he is tired of life; for there is in a dinosaur all that life can afford.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

So exciting!!! Would one of you mind posting a pic of the Diplodocus alongside some other Safari sauropods? Including any Carnegies if you have them? I'm 95% sure I'm going to get the Diplo, but I want to make sure it doesn't look too out of place in my collection.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: suspsy on December 07, 2016, 02:23:10 AM
That is one bigass squid. :o
I like that in the picture, it's just hanging on the back of ol Dippy like "Oh hello, don't mind me, just a big squid here."
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Halichoeres

Thanks for the pics, DinoMD and SBell! Good to get a sense for the sizes of them.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

tanystropheus

T-rex update

It's been a cold, rainy day and my T-rex unexpectedly toppled over, despite not having any issues with leg warping.
It's a heavy figure and perhaps its legs can't support the weight. Changes in humidity or temperature might also have an effect.
My advice: keep the plastic tray, guys!

tanystropheus

Quote from: Joe289 on December 07, 2016, 02:47:56 AM
The Einiosaurus is my most expected figure too haha I'm a ceratopsian guy too. And about the Coelophysis color, I really like it because reminds me of an African antelope, the Thompson's gazelle, and I love those!

Yes, I've always been a ceratopsian guy. I also love pterosaurs and marine reptiles! I'm sure the Coelophysis will grow on me. It's a very unique looking model.

The Atroxious

Quote from: SBell on December 07, 2016, 02:02:11 AM

Is it just me, or does the hawk look a bit on the chunky side from this angle? Its pose is perhaps a bit strange, and its wings seem overly bendy, but I knew that from the Safari website. Just here its body looks awfully thick, which I wasn't expecting. The eagle on the other hand looks magnificent regardless. I thought the hawk would be my favorite of this set (alongside the Velociraptor) since I've had a special fondness for buzzards since I was really young, but the eagle seems to be edging higher on my list.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: