News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari: New for 2017

Started by Patrx, August 22, 2016, 08:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dinoMD

Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 17, 2016, 06:41:58 PM
Quote from: suchomimus on December 17, 2016, 04:34:26 PM
Quote from: ItsTwentyBelow on December 16, 2016, 08:46:16 PM
Went to my local shop in Kent, WA yesterday and found that they have their Safari shipment in! Limited myself to Kronosaurus and Einiosaurus for now, but got to see and handle everything else, except T.rex.

These are superb models. I'm glad I never had the Carnegie Kronosaurus.

Any idea what's the scale on these two? AFAIK the feathered velo is approx 1:10 or 11

I love the kronosaurus Safari but now that we talk about the discontinued Carnegie kronosaurus I hope the new version is not hollow like its predecessor and a semi-rigid plastic. In any case, the new kronosaurus version of Safari is far superior to other toy pliosaurus figures and only rivals the Collecta brand Safari.

On the other hand the kronosaurus Safari will be on a scale of 1:30 or 1:35 by calculating the size.

The new kronosaurus is a solid fella.  For all its inaccuracies, I was fond of my old Carnegie Kronosaurus - this one blows it out of the proverbial water.

John

Quote from: dinoMD on December 18, 2016, 03:54:54 AM

@dinoMD,does that new Diplodocus in the pictures have nails on all five digits on the back feet,or just the three large claws on the first three?
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Jose S.M.

The Parasaurolophus is another one that looks much better in pictures taken by owners than the promotional ones.

dinoMD

Quote from: John on December 18, 2016, 04:06:36 AM
Quote from: dinoMD on December 18, 2016, 03:54:54 AM

@dinoMD,does that new Diplodocus in the pictures have nails on all five digits on the back feet,or just the three large claws on the first three?

Alas, all five toenails are painted, but the last two toes are appropriately tiny compared to the first three.

tanystropheus

The colors are so on point on that Kronosaurus. It's as if it was etched in by laser.

Regardless, of whether the colors appear too same-y or inspired (in the case of Krono), the application and blending is superb on most models. A huge step forward from the last few years.

Dilopho

Is there anywhere to get these in the UK? Amazon won't send it to my address and Safari website doesn't carry the T. rex and raptor yet.

Roselaar

Quote from: Dilopho on December 18, 2016, 11:02:46 AM
Is there anywhere to get these in the UK? Amazon won't send it to my address and Safari website doesn't carry the T. rex and raptor yet.

Everything Dinosaur will have them in stock sooner or later. Or so I hope.

That Krono is really huge!

MLMjp

Quote from: Roselaar on December 18, 2016, 12:44:56 PM
Quote from: Dilopho on December 18, 2016, 11:02:46 AM

Everything Dinosaur will have them in stock sooner or later. Or so I hope.

That Krono is really huge!

I send a personal message to everything dinosaur about when they were going to get the new figures in stock
They said that it will be sometime in January. It could be early, mid or later.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: tanystropheus on December 18, 2016, 05:02:04 AM
The colors are so on point on that Kronosaurus. It's as if it was etched in by laser.

Regardless, of whether the colors appear too same-y or inspired (in the case of Krono), the application and blending is superb on most models. A huge step forward from the last few years.

I do not know if they will be laser engraved or not but I would like them to be very resistant to abrasions.

I believe that the diplodocus, giganotosaurus (which does not appear here) and kronosaurus the three magnificent figures are made with a painting that withstands abrasions like those of Papo.

Although the feathered tyrannosaurus rex, einiosaurus and feathered velociraptor for putting three examples I seem to be more prone to abrasions by accidental falls

Appalachiosaurus

Can someone please take a comparison shot with the new einiosaurus and some of Doug Watson's other Ceratopsids? I'm trying to figure out how big it is.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Appalachiosaurus on December 18, 2016, 09:46:14 PM
Can someone please take a comparison shot with the new einiosaurus and some of Doug Watson's other Ceratopsids? I'm trying to figure out how big it is.

I don't have my camera handy right now, but it looks to be the exact same size more or less as the Vagaceratops, it's a bit more splayed out/hunkered down though.

EmperorDinobot

Holy Battat Diplodocus, that Kronosaurus is large!

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on December 19, 2016, 01:31:29 AM
Holy Battat Diplodocus, that Kronosaurus is large!

Interesting juxtaposition... now I'm going to have to buy an extra dippy to customize into a rearing position.

All these photos make me more and more anxious to order them.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

CMIPalaeo

The more pictures I see, the more and more I like the Diplodocus! And seeing the photos here I'm more and more anxious for my Tylosaurus and Coelophysis to arrive...
Once a man is tired of dinosaurs, he is tired of life; for there is in a dinosaur all that life can afford.

ItsTwentyBelow

Here is that comparison photo. What a wonderful bunch of brutes Doug Watson has sculpted for us over the years.

Jose S.M.

Quote from: ItsTwentyBelow on December 19, 2016, 04:08:43 AM
Here is that comparison photo. What a wonderful bunch of brutes Doug Watson has sculpted for us over the years.

I love them all! I can't wait to get the Einio and complete the family. And hopefully the coming years will bring more of those!

tanystropheus

Quote from: ItsTwentyBelow on December 19, 2016, 04:08:43 AM

Amazing photo! Thank you for that. I will need the Einio to complete the set. I hope an annual ceratopsian is part of Safari Ltd's plan. I just love these frilly guys  ;D Hopefully a Triceratops Torosaurus will be next!

Did Doug Watson sculpt the Psittaco, as well?

tanystropheus

Is the Krono supposed to be this huge? How does it scale to the other dinosaurs? to Tylosaurus?

Jose S.M.

Yes, the Psittacosaurus is sculpted by Doug too, it looks great right?

Shonisaurus

To me this year I find fabulous all the news of Safari 2017 in regards to dinosaurs and prehistoric animals.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: