News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari: New for 2017

Started by Patrx, August 22, 2016, 08:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrorchicken

there were dinosaurs in a Transformers movie? which one? Ive avoided those flicks like the plague.

Jose S.M.

In the opening scene of the fourth film, it's a short scene, like 2-3 minutes long, Psittacosaurus is the main dinosaur featured.

Appalachiosaurus

Quote from: Takama on December 24, 2016, 09:21:17 PM
Honestly, the Psitaccosaurus in that film are the best dinosaurs to have ever graced a major Blockbuster to this day(and that Says an AWFUL lot about the likes of JW). Its also the Only thing i remember from that Particular Transformer movie.(seriously, i thought he had more Chrector then anyone else in the film. WHY COULD THEY NOT OF SET THE MOVIE IN THE MESOZOIC? I want to see this little guys adventures during a Transformers invasion during the age of dinosaurs.

You haven't seen many dinosaur movies, have you?

stargatedalek

Honestly, the Psitaccosaurus in that film are the best dinosaurs to have ever graced a major Blockbuster to this day(and that Says an AWFUL lot about the likes of JW). Its also the Only thing i remember from that Particular Transformer movie.(seriously, i thought he had more Chrector then anyone else in the film. WHY COULD THEY NOT OF SET THE MOVIE IN THE MESOZOIC? I want to see this little guys adventures during a Transformers invasion during the age of dinosaurs.
As adorable as that would have been, that sort of thing wouldn't have made for a good movie. Maybe a web-series, or a series of advertisements, maybe.

And Walking with Dinosaurs 3D would like to argue with you on your earlier point. Bear in mind that Psittacosaurus is still far from perfect.

Takama

Quote from: Appalachiosaurus on December 25, 2016, 05:33:55 PM

You haven't seen many dinosaur movies, have you?

No its just that I think the rest of TF4 is junk compared to the third and first films.

Also are  you sure that I have not seen many dinosaur films? lets see

WWD3D: (Reply to StargateDelak) i would of mentioned this if it were not for the fact that it done so poorly when compared to the likes of TF4 and Jurassic World.

Jurassic Park 1-3: the only dinosaur films that anyone seem to care about in the general public(along with JW).

Land of the Lost: Not a great movie by any sense of the imagination.

Land Before Time: A film i loved as a kid, and i still do to this day.

Theodore Rex: A funny Concept that was ultimately ruined

Super Mario Bros: A Craptastic movie, based on a Video Game that has little to nothing to do with dinosaurs.

Valley of Gwangi: Great film, with great effects>

The lost World 1920s: The only Silent film i ever saw.

Were Back: A dinosaurs story. One of a few movies that many people seem to dislike, that i actually love

10000 BC: Great movie, with great effects

Dinosaur 13: Not really a Movie, But its length could constitute one.

Ice Age Dawn of the Dinosaurs: The last good Ice-age flick before they milked the series dry.

Jurassic World: An addicting movie to watch but by no means a Masterpiece, plus it spawned one of the things i hate with a Passion (and it begins with a I)

Dinosaur Island 2004 An Animated movie that you may or may never heard of, Pretty decent for a Kids film

Dinosaur Island 2014: One of my favorite dinosaur films, but it seems very few people may share that opinon

Back to the Jurassic/Dinosaur time 3D: A film amde for VERY little Kids, which is fine, and the movie at least makes a better effort to reconstruct the Cretaceous period then most other media that is not science based

Dinotasia: Great movie, And best of all, it has no Talking Dinosaurs in it.

The list would go on, if i included the Land Before time sequels, and all of the Crappy Asylum esc movies i purchased just because they have dinosaurs in it. and that list would not evean count movies that Feature Godzilla, or any other prehistoric creature that is hevealy Focused on. 

Can we please get back on topic now?

Appalachiosaurus

Impressive, but that means you have seen 4 blockbusters and 9 movies in total with better dinosaurs than TAOE.

joossa

Safari really knocked it out of the park with their new models. I am so impressed. They even threw in a hard copy of their catalog and an awesome tote bag. I will be posting more pictures of the individual models with comparison shots in my collection thread over the next couple weeks.

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

stargatedalek

Nice to finally see the size of that Alligator!

Takama

You know, the more photos i see, the more i feel like that the Giganotosaurus and Tyrannosaurus seem WAY too big when compared to everything released from 2008-2016 and every other Dinosaur released in 2017(noticed i said Dinosaur).  I was going to get them, but the models seem too big when compared to all the others. Heck, even the Diplodocus seems to fit in better with previous releases.

Shonisaurus

The deinocheirus looks larger compared to other photos. But in summary the figures are exceptional and beautiful, their models are realistic and the most important are better than the promotional photos and I value that much.

They are figures of dinosaurs very detailed, and with a very elegant painting. Thanks joosa for sharing your photos with forum members.

joossa

Yes, the stock photos do not do the models justice in any sense. The Giga looked like it had a straight up zebra pattern and color scheme, but in hand, it's downright gorgeous.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Simon

Quote from: Takama on December 25, 2016, 11:48:04 PM
You know, the more photos i see, the more i feel like that the Giganotosaurus and Tyrannosaurus seem WAY too big when compared to everything released from 2008-2016 and every other Dinosaur released in 2017(noticed i said Dinosaur).  I was going to get them, but the models seem too big when compared to all the others. Heck, even the Diplodocus seems to fit in better with previous releases.

That's because the Safari line has never been a 1/40 line, with most of the larger animals being rendered in 1/50 scale 0r smaller. So, the 1/40 TRex and Giga. stand out.

The purely  1/40 lines went out with Carnegie and Battat (probably) never to be resurrected again.  Ir makes things tough for a collector who prefers his figures all in scale with each other (and I know, because I used to collect only 1/40 figures).

Takama

Quote from: Simon on December 26, 2016, 01:21:57 AM
Quote from: Takama on December 25, 2016, 11:48:04 PM

That's because the Safari line has never been a 1/40 line, with most of the larger animals being rendered in 1/50 scale 0r smaller. So, the 1/40 TRex and Giga. stand out.

The purely  1/40 lines went out with Carnegie and Battat (probably) never to be resurrected again.  Ir makes things tough for a collector who prefers his figures all in scale with each other (and I know, because I used to collect only 1/40 figures).

At least the 2011 t.rex and this(soon to be over) years Carcharodontosaurus , fit in just fine, evean if the t.rex has been bested

tanystropheus

I love the fact that the Quetz has the same pose as the Tyco version.
The DR Quetz was my first Quetz  :)

EmperorDinobot

I got my fill yesterday. These are so...so so good. The quality is amazing.

CMIPalaeo

I got the Tyrannosaurus for Christmas. It is the finest dinosaur figure I own. I think Safari has really outdone themselves with the 2017 lineup. Hopefully this is a trend that will long continue.
Once a man is tired of dinosaurs, he is tired of life; for there is in a dinosaur all that life can afford.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: CMIPalaeo on December 29, 2016, 09:46:41 PM
I got the Tyrannosaurus for Christmas. It is the finest dinosaur figure I own. I think Safari has really outdone themselves with the 2017 lineup. Hopefully this is a trend that will long continue.

I am hopeful that it will even improve further and bearing in mind that today the best toy dinosaur company in the world.

Neosodon

Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 29, 2016, 09:50:42 PM
Quote from: CMIPalaeo on December 29, 2016, 09:46:41 PM

I am hopeful that it will even improve further and bearing in mind that today the best toy dinosaur company in the world.

I used to think safari and collecta were evenly matched as wild safari was more detailed and realistic while collecta produced more models and had better paint jobs. But with the results of this year's releases I would say safari is steadily taking the lead.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Tyto_Theropod

Quote from: joossa on December 25, 2016, 10:49:26 PM
Safari really knocked it out of the park with their new models. I am so impressed. They even threw in a hard copy of their catalog and an awesome tote bag. I will be posting more pictures of the individual models with comparison shots in my collection thread over the next couple weeks.

Too bad these don't seem to be out in the UK yet, your pictures have made me realise that I may just need them. NOW.  :))
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

suchomimus

Here's a feature of Dippy in 360
I think by a member of the forum.

here

Dippy's hips seem to be a little too compressed, no? That or it has been eating too much in 2016 or something. I kinda get that Diplodocus have slimmer builds but it feels like Dippy's feet could be better spaced apart.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: