News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari: New for 2017

Started by Patrx, August 22, 2016, 08:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceratopsian

Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on January 06, 2017, 07:41:50 AM
Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on January 05, 2017, 11:25:42 PM
All 13 of the new for 2017 Wild Safari Prehistoric Life models are now in stock at Everything Dinosaur: .....

Okay then, goodbye money.

Indeed - it is going to be quite a pricey purchase!

Nanuqsaurus

Quote from: ceratopsian on January 06, 2017, 11:57:11 AM
All 13 of the new for 2017 Wild Safari Prehistoric Life models are now in stock at Everything Dinosaur: .....

I'm not going to buy them all at once, I could never get myself to do that. :P But I already ordered two figures today. Tyrannosaurus and Einiosaurus are on their way! :))

Jose S.M.

I was really fortunate that this big release of Safari figures came on the first year started collecting, my family gave me four of them! I'm going to post pictures soon, when my pc is fixed. If next year is going to be as big as these I better start a dinosaur special fund right now.

Silvanusaurus

I'm very excited that these are finally available in the UK, i've ordered several from Everything Dinosaur, but unfortunately can't afford the big fellers just yet, i'll have to wait for more funds before i can get the rex, giganotosaurus or kronosaurus, but at least it's something to look forward to!

Shonisaurus

I already ordered all the figures in October 2016 at shop.modellpferdeversand.de and they are all on the way. At the latest in seven days I have them in my house.

This was how the companies of Papo and Collecta had to do, releasing all their news at the end or beginning of each year, so that we can enjoy all their figures with more intensity. :))

Postosuchus84

Quote from: Paleona on January 03, 2017, 05:48:18 PM
I just wanted to tell Doug amazing work on the new feathered rex!! My husband gifted him to me for my birthday, and everyone that's seen it has been super impressed.
Beautiful sculpt! He's the jewel of my collection now. :))

:o

Wow! I am in awe at this figure! What's the scale like compared to the other Wild Safari Dinosaurs and even Carnegie? I was kind of curious to see some comparison shots of it.

Blade-of-the-Moon

look back through the thread, i posted some on page 79 and 80.

Neosodon

Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on January 06, 2017, 12:16:51 PM
Quote from: ceratopsian on January 06, 2017, 11:57:11 AM

I'm not going to buy them all at once, I could never get myself to do that. :P But I already ordered two figures today. Tyrannosaurus and Einiosaurus are on their way! :))
It's actually allot cheaper to order them all at once. Ordering 1 or 2 at a time will cost you big time with all those individual shipping and handling fees. :(

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

BlueKrono

Yeah, I usually save up, sometimes for years, then buy a bunch of stuff at once. I just got a slew of Starlux from France, which is one of the most expensive countries to ship from. But my collections were notoriously absent of the wonderful Stars.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Jose S.M.

I finally got my Christmas dinosaurs! 2017 Diplodocus, Einiosaurus, Coelophysis and Velociraptor. They are all great, can't post pictures right now because my pc is broken and I can't on mobile but soon I will post them.  :)

MLMjp

I was going to order the Tyrannosaurus and a few more figures from everything dinosaur just right now and guess what....IT´S OUT OF STOCK. :o
It is definitely the most demanded safari figure right now.
Damn! Now I have to wait until they re-stock them. >:( I feel so frustrated right now! >:(

Faelrin

So I've been wondering, aside from buying these online of course, is there any place I could buy these in person (like are there any stores that carry these) in the US? While I have no qualms with ordering online, I would really rather see the things in person before buying. Especially in regards to the new T. rex due to how pricey it is.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

DinoLord

Safari has a dealer locator on their website. But museum gift shops are generally a safe bet.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Faelrin on January 09, 2017, 09:40:46 PM
So I've been wondering, aside from buying these online of course, is there any place I could buy these in person (like are there any stores that carry these) in the US? While I have no qualms with ordering online, I would really rather see the things in person before buying. Especially in regards to the new T. rex due to how pricey it is.
When I visited the Denver museum of nature and science, they had a massive rack full of carnegies, and safari models. We then visited the Sternberg in Haysville, which had more of them same.....if you are located in the central US>
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Faelrin

Funny thing I asked that earlier and ended up at a Hobby Lobby shop today while waiting to go into the movie theater (with my sister) and we were an hour early. They had a few Safari figures (the Carcharodontosaurus, Masiakasaurus, and Iguanodon), alongside some Mojo and Papo (brown T. rex and Spinosaurus). They also had lots of the toobs there. I would of loved to pick up that Iguanodon and Papo T. rex but had no money on hand at the time.  The Carcharodontosaurus looked much better in person to me then I would have thought, as well. So I guess that is one place, although it was a tiny selection at the very best.

Also do I need an account for the dealer locator? I'm having trouble trying to find out where this is on the site. May just be having a dumb moment though.

Victoria's Cantina

Has Safari's website already had the Feathered T-Rex in stock and I just happened to miss them? They have some of the other ones from this new wave but not that one.

Dobber

Yeah, the Rex is what is holding up my order from Dan's too. I wonder what the hold up is?

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Victoria's Cantina

Safari's website has the Feathered T-Rex in stock! Ordered one along with Diplodocus and Feathered Velociraptor.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: DinoLord on January 10, 2017, 12:57:57 AM
Safari has a dealer locator on their website. But museum gift shops are generally a safe bet.
Quote from: Faelrin on January 10, 2017, 05:38:13 AM
Also do I need an account for the dealer locator? I'm having trouble trying to find out where this is on the site. May just be having a dumb moment though.

I think they removed that feature from the website.

Faelrin

If they removed it that may be why I seem to be having such a hard time finding it. Can't find what's not there. Really wish I knew what stores carried these aside from that one store I went to earlier in the week, so I can eventually hunt these down in person, especially in regards to the Feathered Tyrannosaurus, when it arrives in any case. I can take my chances with the other figures I want online, but that's the one I'd really like to see in person before buying it.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: