News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO 2016 releases

Started by Halichoeres, September 09, 2016, 03:22:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceratopsian

Quote from: acro-man on September 17, 2016, 07:05:57 AM
first peek on the real stuff.
a friend from the Chinese dinosaur forums shared the new PNSOs he found during his visit to Chungking National Museum

Interesting images, nice to see a glimpse of a Chinese museum's exhibition as well - thank you.

Flaffy

The Chungkingosaurus has a colour variant? If my eyes are not deceiving me, I see a green and yellow version of the figure!
The confuciusornis colours are a lot better than expected. The basilosaurus is not as impressive as once thought,I personally would prefer a more whale like depiction, the head looks a little weird tough.
The blogger says that the exhibit mostly sells bootleg figures, unfortunately...
The blogger also says that the chungkingosaurus doesn't have a box, which is strange as the Amazon listing does have a picture of it's box.
(hopefully I read it correctly  :P)

MLMjp

HUM.....That Megalodon does not look as good as the promo (That looked like a real thing). And thats a very bad paint app on the lower teeth.....I hope it is just an individual flaw.....Also now looks a bit more great-white-sharkish..... But that´s not a big deal for me. I will wait until photos from members of here, so someone, please get that Megs ;D

ceratopsian

I hadn't thought of it before - but if the exhibition is in Chungking, I guess that the Chungkingosaurus was presumably designed specially for the exhibition.

CMIPalaeo

Oh my... these are some real beauties! I'll have to get my hands on some of these figures. That Basilosaurus is very imposing! And the Chunkingosaurus is probably about the nicest stegosaur I've seen. I'm sauropod guy, so the Huanghetitan and Euhelopus (even if it's a bit scrawny) also strike my fancy, as does that Shantungosaurus. Hopefully these will become more widely available in America soon as I really can't justify $50 on a single figure, which is what the Basilosaurus is on Amazon right now. The sauropods are a little less but still just too pricey for me at the moment at about $30-40 apiece. I'm very hopeful to see this line become more easily available because I am very much impressed.
Once a man is tired of dinosaurs, he is tired of life; for there is in a dinosaur all that life can afford.

Albertosaurus

I should be receiving my Chungkingosaurus tomorrow. Lets see!

tanystropheus

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on September 17, 2016, 10:29:08 AM
The Chungkingosaurus has a colour variant? If my eyes are not deceiving me, I see a green and yellow version of the figure!
The confuciusornis colours are a lot better than expected. The basilosaurus is not as impressive as once thought,I personally would prefer a more whale like depiction, the head looks a little weird tough.
The blogger says that the exhibit mostly sells bootleg figures, unfortunately...
The blogger also says that the chungkingosaurus doesn't have a box, which is strange as the Amazon listing does have a picture of it's box.
(hopefully I read it correctly  :P)

The Basilosaurus still looks like a cetacean, reminiscent of an amazon river dolphin, imo.

The Megalodon looks a lot less epic than before, but it still looks great.

The Chungkingosaurus looks more or less the same. That's a good thing.

darth daniel

I received my Huanghetitan today. I was blown away by the size and the sculpting is fantastic. It´s a really impressive model, and the deep body and thick neck are a nice contrast to the skinny sauropods produced by other companies (I´m thinking of the newer Carnegie sauropods and the CollectA Diplodocus).
There are some disappointing aspects though:
At the middle of its length, the neck is slightly squeezed in ventral-dorsal direction. Somehow the wall thickness of either the neck or the middle section of the neck is lower than for example the body´s wall thickness, so the neck is quite soft and deformable. Despite its weight I´d prefer a solid figure, although these can be warped as well of course.
The seams across the limbs are not too noticeable, but the seam where the tail is attached to the body is somewhat disturbing.
The front feet don´t have the "C"-shape which I thought sauropod front feet had.
And finally, the left rear leg shows 3 claws as it should, but the right rear leg has a fourth claw (sculpted and painted). Why???
Despite these flaws it´s still an awesome display piece and worth its price in my opinion. More sauropods from PNSO please! :)

suspsy

Quotehttp://tieba.baidu.com/p/4784236737

I'm very impressed with the Carcharocles megalodon! As I noted before, it actually looks like a monolithic, prehistoric deathbringer as opposed to simply a blown up great white shark. The seam lines are unfortunate, but they can be overlooked.

This may be a silly question, but do it and the Basilosaurus include those display stands?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

postsaurischian

Quote from: darth daniel on September 19, 2016, 11:40:08 PM
I received my Huanghetitan today. ....... There are some disappointing aspects though:
At the middle of its length, the neck is slightly squeezed in ventral-dorsal direction. Somehow the wall thickness of either the neck or the middle section of the neck is lower than for example the body´s wall thickness, so the neck is quite soft and deformable. ....... the seam where the tail is attached to the body is somewhat disturbing.

Both flaws do not occur on mine. The seam where the tail is attached is hardly noticeable. We also had such seamline differences with the Kaiyodo Dinoland pre-built models. But a different material for the neck? That's strange because the neck on mine is solid just as the rest of the body is.

....... the right rear leg has a fourth claw (sculpted and painted). Why???

Good question.

DinoLord

Quote from: postsaurischian on September 20, 2016, 08:27:46 AM
....... the right rear leg has a fourth claw (sculpted and painted). Why???

Good question.

Maybe they're depicting an individual with a congenital defect?  :P

acro-man

喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

tyrantqueen

Hope it won't be too long before my minis get here. I ordered about three or four weeks ago from Amazon.com.

Flaffy

There is just something off about the majungasaurus... Don't really know what.
Is it the seemingly oversized hands/arms?
It doesn't give me the tingling feel of seeing an abelisaurid...

Dinomike

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on September 10, 2016, 04:00:36 AM
They might as well rename the 1/20 figures "The Ely Kish Tribute Line". Some of those are dead ringers for Kish paintings, what with those bones sticking out all over the place.

Any of those minis 1/40-ish scale?
[/quotes]
I like it! They are very Ely Kish! I really like some of them and the volume in which they are releasing these is impressive. So of them are a bit pricy, though. A very interesting line of creatures!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

ceratopsian

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 22, 2016, 04:20:52 AM
Hope it won't be too long before my minis get here. I ordered about three or four weeks ago from Amazon.com.

Not sure if you got yours yet.  If it's any comfort, I know that my package of some minis and a large figure, ordered on 6th Sept., should arrive on Tuesday - I received my Parcel Force customs demand today!

tyrantqueen

Quote from: ceratopsian on September 24, 2016, 10:53:20 AM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 22, 2016, 04:20:52 AM

Not sure if you got yours yet.  If it's any comfort, I know that my package of some minis and a large figure, ordered on 6th Sept., should arrive on Tuesday - I received my Parcel Force customs demand today!

Nope, nothing yet. I only ordered two, cheap, small figures, so I don't think ParcelForce will hold them for ransom.

ceratopsian

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 24, 2016, 12:07:04 PM
Nope, nothing yet. I only ordered two, cheap, small figures, so I don't think ParcelForce will hold them at ransom.

Indeed, you should escape.  I was lucky with the Huanghetitan, so I can't complain too loudly this time.

Dobber

I ordered the Rex and C. Megalodon. I got the shipping notice yesterday...took several days from when I ordered. I'll let you all know when they arrive.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

tanystropheus

Okay, I received some of my PNSO products today. I am still awaiting the Nyctosaurus.

All 3 models are hollow and are light weight. Beautiful painting on the package, reminds me of the Tyco DR days (no window flap, though)

Chungkingosaurus
+quality is Sideshow level; worth way more than the price. Massive size
+appearance is exactly the same as the promo pics (I have the green variant), no issues with paint
+super graceful pose; easily the best toy in my collection. Only my SS Mosasaurus could be regarded as better.
+relatively stable pose

rating: 11/10 (must buy)

Megalodon
+large size, triple-layer of teeth; extremely detailed rows of teeth that are sharp. The inner mouth is detailed and extends very far back (even more than Papo and REBOR products)
+definitive Megalodon model, nice sculpt, lots of details. The 2nd best Megalodon model is Favorite Collection's
-weird bloody gill slits on side
-not as epic as promo photo
-base support is inadequate; difficult to balance on top of mount; should have came with Y-support like Basilosaurus
-visible seams

rating: 9.2/10

Basilosaurus
+excellent sculpt; great interpretation; still appears cetacean(head is similar to the amazon river Dolphin but w/o the domed appearance), despite mild serpentine vibe
+definitive Basilosaurus (and will stay that way for the next decade or so)
+articulated jaw
+fairly long model
+solid removable base with Y-supports (can be screwed onto mount)
- (?) eyes are either missing or underdeveloped on my model. Perhaps, it is blind like the S.asian Dolphin. Not a deal breaker, because it is still indented inward where the eyes are supposed to be.
-visible seams

rating: 9.8/10

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: