News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Favorite Dromeaosaur!

Started by CarnegieCollector, September 25, 2016, 01:08:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Favorite Dromeaosaurids!

Velociraptor
5 (35.7%)
Deinonychus
8 (57.1%)
Utahraptor
9 (64.3%)
Dakotaraptor
4 (28.6%)
Atrociraptor
3 (21.4%)
Archreoraptor
3 (21.4%)
Zhenyaunlong (I don't know if this is a bird or a dromeaosaur, but hey, it's still here :D )
4 (28.6%)
Tsaagan
3 (21.4%)
Sinornithosaurus
3 (21.4%)
Saurornitholestes
3 (21.4%)
Dromeaosaurus
3 (21.4%)
"Velociraptor antrrihopus" (Jurassic park)
3 (21.4%)
Troodon
5 (35.7%)
Pectinodon
3 (21.4%)
Unenlagia
4 (28.6%)
I like all of them!
4 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 14

CarnegieCollector

:D that's all that I know!
Personally, I like deinonychus  ^-^
Is there an alternate universe in which dinosaurs collect figures of people?

stargatedalek

I put Jurassic Park and "all", because as much as I like the JP design it's really not something I would lump with the others.

CarnegieCollector

Quote from: stargatedalek on September 25, 2016, 03:19:56 AM
I put Jurassic Park and "all", because as much as I like the JP design it's really not something I would lump with the others.
that makes sense! :D

laticauda

This is a tough one for me, as I am not a big fan of Dromeaosaurs. Not saying I hate the group, just not one that really interests me.  Probably due to the over hype from Jurassic Park.  Utahraptor does gets some love from me because I really loved Raptor Red.

Jose S.M.

I like them all, actually, aside for ceratopsians that are my favorite group, I like all the other groups just the same, so bring me all the dromeaosaurs, I will like them all!

CarnegieCollector

Quote from: Joe289 on September 25, 2016, 03:37:30 AM
I like them all, actually, aside for ceratopsians that are my favorite group, I like all the other groups just the same, so bring me all the dromeaosaurs, I will like them all!
I love dromeaosaurs too!
Lol! How about ceratopsians with sickle claws and long toothy faces?

Jose S.M.

Quote from: CarnegieCollector on September 25, 2016, 03:40:09 AM
I love dromeaosaurs too!

That sounds like something out of the Jurassic World toy line  ;D ;D ;D

CarnegieCollector

Quote from: Joe289 on September 25, 2016, 03:45:50 AM
Quote from: CarnegieCollector on September 25, 2016, 03:40:09 AM
I love dromeaosaurs too!

That sounds like something out of the Jurassic World toy line  ;D ;D ;D
Oh my gosh, it does! What was it called...? Chaos effect? It's quite weird.
I think dinosaurs rolled over in their rock layer graves when hasbro released those!
OH PLEASE DONT GIVE HASBRO ANY MORE IDEAS!!!  ;D  ;D

CityRaptor

There are actually two such lines. Chaos Effect was the first, Dino Hybrid is the current one.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Nanuqsaurus

Troodon and Pectinodon are Troodontids, not Dromaeosaurs. And I don't think there's a dinosaur named Sinornitholestes.
But anyway, it's a difficult choice. As a kid, I loved Utahraptor, but I'm not so sure anymore now.

HD-man

Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on September 25, 2016, 10:49:39 AMTroodon and Pectinodon are Troodontids, not Dromaeosaurs. And I don't think there's a dinosaur named Sinornitholestes.

This. As for the poll, I love all dromaeosaurs. I can't pick just 1 genus, although I can say that eudromaeosaurs (especially Velociraptor, Deinonychus, & Utahraptor) are my favorite dromaeosaurs.
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

CarnegieCollector

Oh, I didn't know troodontids were their own separate group. I thought they were a sub-family of dromeaosaurs. Silly me! Should I remove them from the poll?

As for sinornitholestes, Iv googled it, and it's name comes up in a lot of places, but I can't find a Wikipedia article or anything like that.
I'll remove sinornitholestes from the poll. 

Nanuqsaurus

Quote from: CarnegieCollector on September 26, 2016, 06:07:59 AM
Oh, I didn't know troodontids were their own separate group. I thought they were a sub-family of dromeaosaurs. Silly me! Should I remove them from the poll?

As for sinornitholestes, Iv googled it, and it's name comes up in a lot of places, but I can't find a Wikipedia article or anything like that.

Yeah, Google gives some results, but it doesn't seem to be a valid name for any dinosaur. By the way, one of my favorite Dromaeosaurs is Linheraptor, but it's not in the poll. Maybe you could add it? :)

HD-man

Quote from: CarnegieCollector on September 26, 2016, 06:07:59 AMAs for sinornitholestes, Iv googled it, and it's name comes up in a lot of places, but I can't find a Wikipedia article or anything like that.

Or just replace it w/Saurornitholestes.
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

CarnegieCollector

Quote from: HD-man on September 26, 2016, 07:45:58 AM
Quote from: CarnegieCollector on September 26, 2016, 06:07:59 AMAs for sinornitholestes, Iv googled it, and it's name comes up in a lot of places, but I can't find a Wikipedia article or anything like that.

Or just replace it w/Saurornitholestes.
Wow...my head hurts. Saurornitholetes WAS the dinosaur I was thinking of when I wrote this poll, along with sinornithosaurus. I think I got them a bit mixed up in my head and created some abomination called sinornitholestes!  ;D oh well, saurornitholetes has its rightful place in the poll now. 

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.