News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

dinosaurtime.co.uk trustworthy shop?

Started by Mo_the_Triceratops_King, October 17, 2016, 06:45:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mo_the_Triceratops_King

Hi guys,

yesterday i ordered a few dinos on this webside:

http://www.dinosaurtime.co.uk/

I live in germany, but they ship to the whole EU. I payed with paypal and ofc i let them know my email, adress and so on. But so far i didnt get any info about my order. I even send them an email and asked for confirmation. No anwer so far.
So i wanna know if someone of u already ordered there and u think its trustworthy? Seems to me like a normal dino shop, but from the Urzeit Shop in germany and Everything Dinosaurs i get an answer almost immediately atleast a fast order confirmation. something.

Best regards

Mo

DinoToyForum

I've found them reliable on the three or so occassions I've ordered from them. Once they sent the wrong item but replaced it free of charge, letting me keep the wrong order.

RobinGoodfellow

I had some trouble with Dinosaurtime in the past.
They sent me a wrong item two times.
They are really slow to answer to questions.
At my last (and wrong) order they didn't answer at all...  ???
So I stopped buying from them.
I don't trust in Dinosaurtime at all.  >:(
Sorry.  :-\

Mo_the_Triceratops_King

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on October 17, 2016, 07:13:13 PM
Hm ok, i wont cancel the item. Its the Tricic Spinosaurus. I will wait and send another mail and see what happen. When they dont send the dino i can still use paypals money back option i guess.

DinoToyForum

How long has it been? It took over a week for them to deliver to me and I'm in the UK.

Mo_the_Triceratops_King

Quote from: dinotoyforum on October 17, 2016, 09:39:51 PM
How long has it been? It took over a week for them to deliver to me and I'm in the UK.

I ordered on sunday. At least a confirmation would be nice, i have no idea whats going on now. : /

Dilopho

In the past I've ordered two small figures and the first one took around 3 days to come, and the second took 5. They take 3-5 working days usually so it was alright. And they deliver after the weekend if you order on friday, I think.

I've had no problems with them. But I think they should arrive faster because the postage is a tiny bit higher than some other shops that take quicker to wrangle their dinosaurs.

Mo_the_Triceratops_King

Quote from: Dilopho on October 18, 2016, 04:05:31 PM
In the past I've ordered two small figures and the first one took around 3 days to come, and the second took 5. They take 3-5 working days usually so it was alright. And they deliver after the weekend if you order on friday, I think.

I've had no problems with them. But I think they should arrive faster because the postage is a tiny bit higher than some other shops that take quicker to wrangle their dinosaurs.
Tx for ur answer. I will wait now 1 week, it sucks that u get zero feedback from them. But when they deliver the nice modell without any problems i can live with it.

Mo_the_Triceratops_King

After 3 days i got my confirmation today, that it will be send tomorrow..ok. Hope its atleast fast here. But almost 4 days for packing a single dino..hmmm ???
Im really curious how this will end. I will let you know.

Moodyraptor

They're not my store of preference (not as cheap or as good customer service as everything dinosaur) but I've ordered from them a few times and never had a problem.

tyrantqueen

Never had any issues with them (but I stopped ordering from stores, I just buy everything from eBay now).

DinoLord

For what it's worth I had a good experience ordering from them in the states some years ago.

Mo_the_Triceratops_King

Got the Spino yesterday, i only ask myself why it has red teeth while every pic i saw of the Tricic (i will never get this name right ^^) Spinosaurus has white teeth.

Joey

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on October 17, 2016, 07:13:13 PM

That is unfortunate in my opinion because I saw the Carnegie Giganotosaurus there and it was in stock there, unlike Everything Dinosaur but I won't buy from Dinosaurtime then since they are unreliable.

vmi

Mo_the_Triceratops_King

Quote from: vmi on November 01, 2016, 06:12:15 AM
why not buy on ebay?
on ebay the Trici Spino cost a lot more like 150+ even over 200, on dino time i got it for 95+25 shipping.
Strange thing the shop owner doesnt answer 1 mail, the just ignore me. I got the dino but i still dont know why it has red theeth...

Tyto_Theropod

I used to order from them regularly and never had a problem until they sent me the wrong model and didn't respond when I let them know. Other than that I didn't have any problems with them, but I tend to use Everything Dinosaur now.
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

RobinGoodfellow

My last and final transaction with Dinosaurtime was in May 2017.
After a web research, apparently Dinosaurtime was the only shop in Europe with the Trcic resin Stegosaurus statue.
I had troubles with Dinosaurtime in the past so I wasn't so sure...
I tried and ordered the figure.
After 2 weeks no shipping notification.
I sent an email.
1 week and no answer.
I sent again 2 emails.
After a week I received an answer: Dinosaurtime didn't have the Trcic Stegosaurus in stock from years (but website said that was available).
They asked me if I prefer another figure (my order was about 90 £ + shipping) or a refund.
I received my refund and I won't order again from Dinosaurtime UK.
Today Dinosaurtime website shows the Trcic Stegosaurus as available: probably it isn't.... I don't know.. ???
Terrible communication with clients.  >:(

If someone is searching for a serious web shop in Europe, I can strongly suggest:
Urzeitshop (DE)
EverythingDinosaurs (UK)
Modellpferdeversand (DE)

:)

bigbear

I've bought a couple of lots of dinosaurs from Dinosaur Time, when Everything Dinosaur didn't have the models I wanted. (A rare thing!). They were friendly, helpful and my order arrived in good time. This was a while ago, so don't know what they're like these days.

Mironimus

Next time try and order from Urzeitshop in germany.
They are very reliable.
I can tell, I am the owner.
;)
Just click on the Smilodon skull and you are there.

Urzeitshop - dinosaur online shop from germany
https://www.urzeitshop.de/gb/
Telegram: t.me/urzeitshop
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Urzeitshop

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: