News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo New for 2017

Started by Takama, November 04, 2016, 08:44:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nanuqsaurus

Quote from: suspsy on November 15, 2016, 12:11:11 AM
I hope the Acrocanthosaurus isn't super huge (and therefore super expensive) like the Baryonyx.

I still hope it's a pretty big figure though, I like it when the figures have some weight to them.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on November 15, 2016, 02:02:31 PM
I hope the Acrocanthosaurus isn't super huge (and therefore super expensive) like the Baryonyx.

I still hope it's a pretty big figure though, I like it when the figures have some weight to them.

unless it's carnotaurus sized i'd bet it will be about the same as the Bary.

MLMjp

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 15, 2016, 04:50:36 PM

Something between their T.rex and Allosaurus would be perfect.

DinoLord

There are already enough small Acrocanthosaurus (Safari, Terra) on the market. Bring on the big boys!

Appalachiosaurus

Quote from: Albertosaurus on November 15, 2016, 08:53:12 AM
I hope that the new Iguanodon and Acro are not as poorly sculpted as the Polacanthus. I have high hopes since those two I believe that are done by their main sculptor since he confirmed them himself some time ago in an interview. He said nothing about the Polacanthus so I assume that it is not his work...and it shows!
I would love to see a nasutoceratops or diabloceratops or any other ceratopsian that is not a triceratops,made by Papo. It has been a while since their last one.

All we have is a single blurry photo, at least wait for an official promotional picture to be released before you start shouting "the end is near".

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 15, 2016, 04:50:36 PM

Oof, that's a sad thought.  I'd much rather the Acro be comparable to the running rex rather than the tiny Carno.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Saurox

Until we get more images we can only speculate about the size. Oh boy to a wish Papo were swifter with releases.  :o

suspsy

Alright, Safari and CollectA have revealed their (fabulous) wares for 2017. It's your turn now, Papo. Get to it!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Shonisaurus

Quote from: suspsy on November 25, 2016, 03:00:13 PM
Alright, Safari and CollectA have revealed their (fabulous) wares for 2017. It's your turn now, Papo. Get to it!

Well we will have to wait until at least the end of 2017. It is the most reactive company to show its news in advance. True and true that they are first with Safari whose figures are usually available in the online market, which is appreciated. Collecta could do that, it takes a lot to market all his figures.

In fact I am waiting in a Shop face to face the second part of the novelties of Collecta. I usually reveal the news until the same dates of Christmas, that is on December 25, so we will have to wait a lot still. We should not have any illusions that they advance the ads before.

suspsy

December 25? No, historically that hasn't been the case. Papo has been revealing their upcoming toys around mid-December for the last two years.

Shonisaurus

Strict in terms of previous years but I remember that the pachyrhinosaurus took until the end of the year if I remember correctly.

suspsy

And that was a long, long time ago now. Things have changed.

Killekor

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on November 10, 2016, 04:33:46 AM
Quote from: Predasaurskillekor on November 09, 2016, 07:59:59 PM
Why everybody say that the giganotosaurus will be not released this year?

They don't release only one figure every year.

Predasaurskillekor

Because we already have Acrocanthosaurus, Iguanodon, and now Polacanthus confirmed, and Papo only releases 3 new sculpts a year.

I have looked at this year catalog, and I've seen that there are 4 new dinosaurs this year: green velociraptor, feathered velociraptor, Baryonyx and the rainbow running T-Rex.

Quote from: Predasaurskillekor on November 09, 2016, 09:48:30 PM
Quote from: suspsy on November 09, 2016, 08:39:27 PM
Because it was confirmed in an interview awhile back that Papo's 2017 assortment will not include the Giganotosaurus.

Thanks, where is the link for the interview?

Thanks

Predasaurskillekor

Hope I have helped someone.

Predasaurskillekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: Predasaurskillekor on November 25, 2016, 07:43:14 PM

Predasaurskillekor

Because we already have Acrocanthosaurus, Iguanodon, and now Polacanthus confirmed, and Papo only releases 3 new sculpts a year.

I have looked at this year catalog, and I've seen that there are 4 new dinosaurs this year: green velociraptor, feathered velociraptor, Baryonyx and the rainbow running T-Rex.

Only three are new sculpts, the Baryonyx, Kaprosuchus, and feathered Velociraptor. Repaints don't count as new sculpts.
I am the Dinosaur King!

suspsy

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on November 25, 2016, 07:54:09 PM

Predasaurskillekor

Only three are new sculpts, the Baryonyx, Kaprosuchus, and feathered Velociraptor. Repaints don't count as new sculpts.

Yeah, it's pretty likely we'll see at least one repaint for 2017, but it really doesn't count as a new toy.

Killekor

Quote from: suspsy on November 25, 2016, 08:09:09 PM
Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on November 25, 2016, 07:54:09 PM

Predasaurskillekor

Yeah, it's pretty likely we'll see at least one repaint for 2017, but it really doesn't count as a new toy.

Oh, I didn't know that.

Quote from: suspsy on November 09, 2016, 08:39:27 PM

Predasaurskillekor

Because it was confirmed in an interview awhile back that Papo's 2017 assortment will not include the Giganotosaurus.

Thanks, where is the link for the interview?

Thanks

Predasaurskillekor

Thanks.

Predasaurskillekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

suspsy

I don't recall where the link is now. Maybe check out the Papo 2016 thread or the general one.

Saurox

The Polacanthus was quite a surprise, I wonder if Papo have something else unexpected up their sleeve.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: masakira on November 26, 2016, 07:28:32 PM
The Polacanthus was quite a surprise, I wonder if Papo have something else unexpected up their sleeve.

But by the way although with the blurred image they are all conjectures the Polacanthus foxii of Papo is not seen with the same quality as theropods like tyrannosurus rex, velociraptor feathered or kaprosuchus seems done by another sculptor.

Let us hope that Papo does not abandon in its realization the detailed figures to which we were accustomed, but rather inaccurate paleontologically and scientifically.

Saurox

I wonder what colours the iguanadon and acro will be?
I'm hoping they continue to adapt natural looking paint schemes, maybe a sandy reptilian look for the acro and a vibrant blue and a tan underbelly.  :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: