News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo New for 2017

Started by Takama, November 04, 2016, 08:44:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Reptilia on September 20, 2017, 10:33:34 PM

I love this bear, much more detailed than one would assume by pictures.

I agree with you. I have that exceptional cave bear (ursus spelaeus) and I can say that it is more beautiful to the natural than in the promotional figures and the internet. It is the best cave bear made in the toy market. Above all, what stands out most are its claws give it the fierce look one would want.

On the other hand is smaller than I expected a little more than the missing Schleich but this is not caricature. For all lovers of prehistoric mammals I recommend it.

Reptilia

I'm going to order the new gift box next week, hopefully I'll be able to add in a third model. I'm very tempted by the cave bear but I still miss the Cryolophosaurus. I just can't decide!

Shonisaurus

I just found out that eBay sells the last two prehistoric animals this year, that is, dimorphodon and smilodon. I happen to those who are interested the eBay links:

Smilodon 2017 Papo,

http://www.ebay.es/itm/Papo-55067-Rugiente-Smilodon-16cm-Dinosaurio-NOVEDAD-2017/152712752358?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20150313114020% 26meid% 3D6586888e9f494bd0af3dc04063816f37% 26pid% 3D100338% 26rk% 3D5% 26rkt% 3D8% 26sd% 3D152712752341 & _trksid = p2141725.c100338.m3726

The dimorphodon by the way measures 15 centimeters, I pass the link of Ebay:

http://www.ebay.es/itm/Papo-55063-Dimorphodon-15cm-Dinosaurio-NOVEDAD-2017-/152712752341?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

General link of prehistoric figures Papo 2017.

http://www.ebay.es/itm/like/152712752341?chn=ps

What amuses me that no online store yet has it available.

As far as I'm concerned, late what I'm going to buy in my store of the whole life that is the Store of the Museum of Natural Sciences of Madrid. :)

Reptilia

It's about time! I hope Everything Dinosaur and other retailers will have them in stock soon.

tanystropheus

Judging by the video, Cave Bear looks kind of awesome.

Takama

Just in case anyone doubts the Photoshopped image.

Reptilia

Cool! Where did you find the picture?

Takama

Quote from: Reptilia on September 24, 2017, 05:37:08 AM
Cool! Where did you find the picture?

Someone on Facebook took it.

I forgot the persons name, but it was shared by someone else.

Reptilia

Can't wait to get mine! The tail must be quite heavy to keep the figure standing.

Faelrin

I think it's kind of cute for a JP styled young Spinosaurus. I can't wait to see how it compares alongside the adult version.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

tyrantqueen

oscars_dinos

Quote from: Takama on September 24, 2017, 04:44:56 AM

Just in case anyone doubts the Photoshopped image.

I feel like people aren't giving this thing enough love...like I understand it's not papos best nor is it accurate or whatever but I mean it looks like a nicely sized and detail figure that no one expected and I for one am just happy we've gotten so much from papo this year...  I'd imagine it will be but does anyone know if it will be sold separately???

Reptilia

Agree on everything you said imnewhere. It's reasonable to think that it'll be sold on its own next year, but there's no official word about it as of now.

oscars_dinos

Quote from: Reptilia on September 25, 2017, 01:46:33 AM
Agree on everything you said imnewhere. It's reasonable to think that it'll be sold on its own next year, but there's no official word about it as of now.

Thanks I sure hope so I really want this guy
But already ordered the ceratosurus my way of thinking is they created a completely new model so it wouldn't make sense for them to only include it in a bundle

Reptilia

Until now they bundled only repaints, and except for the first rainbow rex the other two have been added to the standard line. So you're probably right, it sounds unlikely that a new sculpt won't be released on its own.

oscars_dinos

Quote from: Reptilia on September 25, 2017, 03:57:45 AM
Until now they bundled only repaints, and except for the first rainbow rex the other two have been added to the standard line. So you're probably right, it sounds unlikely that a new sculpt won't be released on its own.

Only question now is how long are we gonna have to wait  :'(

Reptilia

If you mean for the new models to be revealed I think december, as every year. If you mean for the Spinosaurus to be available I would say early next year, cause last year the repainted Oviraptor was bundled with the brown rex and then was one of the first figures to be available from the 2017 line-up. That might be an indication, provided that the juvenile Spinosaurus will be added to the line next year.

oscars_dinos

Quote from: Reptilia on September 25, 2017, 04:18:08 AM
If you mean for the new models to be revealed I think december, as every year. If you mean for the Spinosaurus to be available I would say early next year, cause last year the repainted Oviraptor was bundled with the brown rex and then was one of the first figures to be available from the 2017 line-up. That might be an indication, provided that the juvenile Spinosaurus will be added to the line next year.

Yea I meant the spino and I hope your right  :-*

Blade-of-the-Moon

Roselaar

It's not terrible, but the quality of the lower jaw is pretty bad. Papo usually hid those jaw joints so well. This looks more like Schleich or Collecta.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: