News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo New for 2017

Started by Takama, November 04, 2016, 08:44:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Killekor

Quote from: raptor64870 on December 22, 2016, 04:27:41 AM
THE DINOFROZ PROTOCERATOPS?!?! I'VE BEEN HUNTING IT FOR ABSOLUTE AGES!!!!!

Now i send you a pm.

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Moodyraptor

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on December 22, 2016, 11:49:08 AM
Everything Dinosaur has not got anything official from Papo as to release dates and availability.  We can't also post up official images of the new for 2017 models, but here is the information that we currently have:

New Papo update - we can't release images yet, but we can confirm that there will be a total of 9 new lines in the Papo prehistoric animal model range in 2017, details as follows:

Confirmation of New Models
55060 Polacanthus
55061 Ceratosaurus
55068 Crylophosaurus
55062 Acrocanthosaurus
55063 Dimorphodon
55066 Cave Bear
55067 Roaring Smilodon

Re-paints
Non-feathered Velociraptor (nick-named "blue tail")
Oviraptor (nick-named "blue neck")

Retirements
The green Papo Velociraptor introduced in 2016 (55058) is being retired.
We also suspect that the original Oviraptor (brown markings) 55018 is also going to be withdrawn, although nothing official as yet from Papo.  When we have official pictures and availability information we will post up more news on our blog and social media pages.

Hope this helps to clarify the situation.

Huh, the green raptor had a very short run then.  Do you know if "blue tail" is exactly the same rainbow raptor that was released with the T-rex last year, or is it different? (I ask because my rainbow raptor doesn't really have a blue tail!)

Everything_Dinosaur

A link to the recently published Everything Dinosaur blog article that provides information on the dimensions of the new for 2017 Papo prehistoric animal models (most of the dimensions anyway).

Papo article: Papo New for 2017 Update

Blade-of-the-Moon

Sizes look good overall, curious about the Cryo still hopefully it's about the same as the Cerato.

suspsy

QuoteHere is the list of new models due for release next year. Papo is moving towards providing more colourful prehistoric animal replicas, mirroring a trend seen elsewhere in the figures market.
Papo Product code = 55060 Polacanthus – this model measures a little over seventeen centimetres long and it stands around five centimetres high.
Papo Product code = 55061 Ceratosaurus –  this model is just over twenty-one centimetres long and it is over eight centimetres tall.
Papo Product code = 55068 Crylophosaurus – dimensions for this replica have yet to be confirmed.
Papo Product code = 55062 Acrocanthosaurus – the biggest of the prehistoric animal models for 2017, measuring twenty-eight centimetres long and being approximately fifteen and a half centimetres high.
Papo Product code = 55063 Dimorphodon (terrestrial pose) – dimensions yet to be confirmed.
Papo Product code = 55066 Cave Bear – length thirteen and a half centimetres and around eight and a half centimetres tall.
Papo Product code = 55067 Roaring Smilodon – a bigger model than a lot of people expected, measuring over fifteen centimetres long and being over nine centimetres tall (at the model's highest point).

Well, it's nice to know that the Ceratosaurus and the Polacanthus won't be insanely huge. Almost certainly gonna pass on the Acrocanthosaurus; at that size, it'll be too expensive for my budget.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

MLMjp

Quote from: suspsy on December 22, 2016, 04:16:24 PM

Well, it's nice to know that the Ceratosaurus and the Polacanthus won't be insanely huge. Almost certainly gonna pass on the Acrocanthosaurus; at that size, it'll be too expensive for my budget.
The Acro is just slightly smaller that their exes and the 15 cm high is obviously because of the raised tail due to the posture. I don't see the Acro being more expensive that their Rexes. Unless they go like Baryonyx and raise the price of it.

Neosodon

QuoteHere is the list of new models due for release next year. Papo is moving towards providing more colourful prehistoric animal replicas, mirroring a trend seen elsewhere in the figures market.
Papo Product code = 55060 Polacanthus – this model measures a little over seventeen centimetres long and it stands around five centimetres high.
Papo Product code = 55061 Ceratosaurus –  this model is just over twenty-one centimetres long and it is over eight centimetres tall.
Papo Product code = 55068 Crylophosaurus – dimensions for this replica have yet to be confirmed.
Papo Product code = 55062 Acrocanthosaurus – the biggest of the prehistoric animal models for 2017, measuring twenty-eight centimetres long and being approximately fifteen and a half centimetres high.
Papo Product code = 55063 Dimorphodon (terrestrial pose) – dimensions yet to be confirmed.
Papo Product code = 55066 Cave Bear – length thirteen and a half centimetres and around eight and a half centimetres tall.
Papo Product code = 55067 Roaring Smilodon – a bigger model than a lot of people expected, measuring over fifteen centimetres long and being over nine centimetres tall (at the model's highest point).

Agreed. Excessively large dinosaurs drive up costs, take up more space and don't scale well with other models. Unless it's a model of a large saurapod, an apex predator or some other unusually large creature I prefer it collecta sized.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Shonisaurus

The smilodon above is disproportionate (I guess it will be the alpha male versus the other female model).

Anyway, I find it shocking that in less than a year they have discontinued Papo's green velociraptor. In this respect they are looking like Schleich in terms of production and discontinuation of figures.

What consoles me is the acrocanthosaurus (which is my favorite) and the ceratosaurus within which they fit are great.

As for cryolophosaurus and dimorphodon whose measurements have not been specified I suppose they will be of a rather small size.

Anyway it amazes me that bear of the caves or ursus spelaeus is smaller than the smilodon.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 22, 2016, 07:30:46 PM
The smilodon above is disproportionate (I guess it will be the alpha male versus the other female model).

Anyway, I find it shocking that in less than a year they have discontinued Papo's green velociraptor. In this respect they are looking like Schleich in terms of production and discontinuation of figures.

What consoles me is the acrocanthosaurus (which is my favorite) and the ceratosaurus within which they fit are great.

As for cryolophosaurus and dimorphodon whose measurements have not been specified I suppose they will be of a rather small size.

Anyway it amazes me that bear of the caves or ursus spelaeus is smaller than the smilodon.

I'm also surprised that 'Blue-Tip' is replacing (or being added to) the Rainbow Raptor as they are very similar, if not identical (perhaps).

Jose S.M.

With those measurements I think I'm going to get the Ceratosaurus, it's big but not too big compared with what I have now.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Joe289 on December 22, 2016, 07:35:27 PM
With those measurements I think I'm going to get the Ceratosaurus, it's big but not too big compared with what I have now.

It seems like a reasonable size for the Cerato.
I wonder if anyone is planning on repainting the Acro with the REBOR color scheme...

Roselaar

Good to know the blue Oviraptor will soon be a regular find.

Green Raptor already being retired? Weird. But it won't be missed.

suspsy

Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 22, 2016, 07:30:46 PM

The original Smilodon is also a male. :)

Is the blue-tailed raptor not identical to the rainbow one?

CityRaptor

Exactly. Here in Europe our Prehistoric Mammals do not lack attributes!

So the green Raptor is being retired already? Geez, that means that it will be hard to get in the future for reasonbale prices.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

tanystropheus

update:

I just decided to check my Rainbow Raptor. It is still in the box along with the Standing Rainbox Rex.

It seems that my Rainbow Raptor does have a Blue-Tail. I've never noticed it before, since it was still in the box. But, I've decided to take a closer look.

I guess there is no difference between the Rainbow Raptor and the Blue-Tail  :)

I have the Retired Green Raptor as well. It is a suitable substitute for the Brown Raptor that I never got a chance to buy.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Neosodon on December 22, 2016, 05:26:51 PM

Agreed. Excessively large dinosaurs drive up costs, take up more space and don't scale well with other models. Unless it's a model of a large saurapod, an apex predator or some other unusually large creature I prefer it collecta sized.
Acrocanthosaurus WAS an apex predator. :P
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

CityRaptor

The biggest carnivore in North America during the Aptian & Albian, much larger than the others around, considered one of the largest Theropods ( You know, those guys who are 12 m or more long ), only slightly smaller than T.rex ( given that the media always compares others to this one ).
Sounds very Apex-y to me. 
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on December 23, 2016, 12:29:58 AM
Quote from: Neosodon on December 22, 2016, 05:26:51 PM

Acrocanthosaurus WAS an apex predator. :P

Quote from: CityRaptor on December 23, 2016, 08:06:56 AM
The biggest carnivore in North America during the Aptian & Albian, much larger than the others around, considered one of the largest Theropods ( You know, those guys who are 12 m or more long ), only slightly smaller than T.rex ( given that the media always compares others to this one ).
Sounds very Apex-y to me. 

guys no need to berate someone for a lack of knowledge or typing mistake .

hao_bao

Everyone pretends to be too cool and scientific for Papo dinosaurs then each year they erupt into boyish excitement when they're revealed. You only need to count the pages of this thread in comparison to the other company lines. :P

suspsy

Quote from: hao_bao on December 23, 2016, 10:06:27 AM
Everyone pretends to be too cool and scientific for Papo dinosaurs then each year they erupt into boyish excitement when they're revealed. You only need to count the pages of this thread in comparison to the other company lines. :P

Huh?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: