News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Utahraptor excavation project needs our help!

Started by ImADinosaurRARR, November 12, 2016, 05:50:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ImADinosaurRARR

TL;DR paleontologists need our funding to excavate a giant bone bed of Utahraptors. Help it out with the link bellow. Video included on the funding page.

As paleo nerds, you have probably already herd of the gigantic Utahraptor find described in the paper bellow, but research of this specimen is underfunded and needs $100000 to pay the people that are working on it. The slab of quicksand includes baby Utahraptors, Ornithopods and greater detail into the life and death of these animals.

However, at the time of this writing, the project has only raised $3,472, only 3% of it's goal, in the last month. Even though the paleontologists will work on this no matter what the outcome, it will take decades to get everything out of this slab at this rate.

Spread The Word I only found this project yesterday on tumbler and I've found nobody talking about it. Not TreyTheExplaier, not any other dino personality, nobody (The closest I came was a reddit post)! Im a jobless teen with all of my pocket money spent on David's raptor action figures, so I'm doing my part to let you all about this amazing opportunity that may be missed if we don't act fast.

The Utahraptor Project GoFundMe > https://www.gofundme.com/utahraptor

First paper on the find > https://www.researchgate.net/publication/308041652_DEPOSITIONAL_CONSTRAINTS_ON_THE_LOWER_CRETACEOUS_STIKES_QUARRY_DINOSAUR_SITE_UPPER_YELLOW_CAT_MEMBER_CEDAR_MOUNTAIN_FORMATION_UTAH <

(Please help with spelling. I'm kind of dyslexic and I can't Google search every word)

DinoLord

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for sharing! Certainly looks like a tall order but hopefully they'll get the needed funds.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.